Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

JDM S13 digital climate control write-up thread

Old 07-31-2009, 08:37 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM S13 digital climate control write-up thread

Alright I've been piecing together my DCC for a while and now hve about everything so I figured I'd post it up as I do it for you guys, I'm sure none of you will actually do it haha but hey at least you'll be able to if you want to. Obviously using all JDM parts would be easiest but they are nearly impossible to get all the sensors and actuators so I've done alot of research and found what US compatible parts work.

Anyways parts needed:
  • obviously main DCC unit
  • JDM S13 DCC harness (only JDM no US counterpart)
  • ambient air temp sensor (can get them from early-mid 90's maxima with DCC, some early 90's pathfinders, and supposedly y32 q45s)
  • sunload sensor (can get them from early-mid 90's maxima with DCC, some early 90's pathfinders, and supposedly y32 q45s))
  • blend door actuator (people say only JDM s13 one will work but I am modifying and using a 89 Maxima one, plugs right in and looks like its gonna work)
  • cabin air temp sensor (can get them from early-mid 90's maximas with dcc, some early 90's pathfinders, and supposedly y32 q45s)
  • fan control amp (can get them from early-mid 90's maximas with dcc, some early 90's pathfinders, and supposedly y32 q45s)
  • aspiration tube (can get them from early-mid 90's maximas with dcc, some early 90's pathfinders, and supposedly y32 q45s)
  • blower motor speed sensor (can get them from early-mid 90's maximas with dcc, some early 90's pathfinders, and supposedly y32 q45s)
  • JDM thermo control AMP (optional, some people use the stock one with no problems, I am using a 89 maxima one)
The main hardest part to find is the blend door actuator, everyone says you must use the JDM S13 one but I found an 89 Maxima with DCC I took most of my sensors and stuff from and the blend door actuator is very very similar, I am just going to make a custom bracket and use it. The plug is even the same as the JDM one... this is the unit that will rreplace that gay cable from the hot/cold slider and will alow you to adjust your temperature.

The blower motor speed sensor is needed because if you dont have it your fan will only blow on one speed if you use the US one.

cabin air temp sensor, JDM on the right USDM 89 maxima one on the left

JDM blower speed sensor's USDM S13 on the top 89 Maxima on the top

Alright to start you will need to swap the green wire with a white stripe from the 6 pin connector to the 18 pin connector on the JDM DCC harness

the wire goes here

then you will need to take the red wire from the single plug connector on the JDM DCC harness and put it to your radio 12 volt constant

now take the blue wire with the red stripe from here on the 6 pin connector off the JDM DCC harness and put it to the ignition 12 volt from your radio

from here

alright next step you need to do if you are using a maxima or other USDM DCC blower speed sensor the fins must be shortened, if you dont it is to long and hits a metal bar in the back of the blower box, if this happens your blower speed will be stuck on high
BEFORE:

AFTER:

alright now you need to take the red wire with yellow stripe from the USDM S13 side of the harness and ground it

now at this point everything works but hot to cold and the auto function will not work obviously due to alot of missing sensors.. but the unit will come on, and the car will switch between defrost, feet, vents, blower will work in all speeds, etc

alright so now onto your choices for sensors.. every write up I have found they have only used the JDM parts so you dont know what the USDM counterpart you are looking for looks like... so anyways here is my cabin temp sensors look like
from right to left they are 1) JDM S13 DCC 2) 89 Maxima with DCC 3) J30

this is what the Maxima and J30 aspiration tubes look like with the fitting that goes into the air box
Maxima

J30

I am planning on using the JDM S13 cabin air temp sensor so I wont have to rewire any plugs and I am going to use the J30 aspiration tube since it is pretty much identical to the JDM one and the J30 fitting that goes into the air box due to the fact its round so I can simply drill a hole rather than use a dremel and cut it out the shape for the maxima one or JDM one

here is the ambient air temp sensors
maxima is on the left j30 is on the right

well at the last minute I decided to use the maxima aspiration fitting instead of the J30 one because there is already a template on the box you can simply take a ravor blade too and cut it out for it to fit perfectly (note the maxima one is the exact same piece as the oem JDM S13 DCC one). So anyways first remove the lower part of the air box and you should see this:

now cut out the piece I cut out

put your fitting in and it should look like this

alright thats how far I'm at right now, I'll update as I go

Last edited by elitist; 08-01-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:00 PM
Formerly IThaJokaI

I wanna do this, so let me know if it all works out. My stock CC doesnt select fan speed 4, and figured Id just fix it with a DCC.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:07 PM
Offset Is Everything

props to you mike, dcc is gangster, and with this info i may actually get one some day
Old 07-31-2009, 09:08 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

I figured I'd do a write up with lots of pictures because all the writeups I found were either old and all the photos were just x's or they had no pictures and that just plain sucks

anyways next step updated
Old 07-31-2009, 10:17 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

updated a little more
Old 07-31-2009, 10:22 PM
Offset-----Less is MORE!!

Nice work Mike!! do you mean the G50 Q45 though when you say Y32??? because the y32 is NOt a Q45? anyway, nice write up and I hope it all works

PS: I already have a digital CC
Old 07-31-2009, 10:29 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Yea sure that.. not to familiar with USDM Y-chassis/q's so far everything works just gotta figure out the blend door thing and mount the sunload sensors, ambient air temp, and cabin temp sensors... and yea yea yea I know you have DCC factory ass hole haha but not all of us were so lucky
Old 07-31-2009, 11:01 PM
Offset-----Less is MORE!!

the Y32 was the Infiniti J30 over here and it was both the leopard and the Cedric/Gloria. The Q45 was the G50. Hope that helps.

Seriously awesome work Mike!
Old 07-31-2009, 11:17 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Haha okey then

thanks Joe anyways 3 of the 4 bulbs to light up the outside buttons and stuff were burned out in my unit so I'm gonna do LED's in it MWAHAHA gonna pick up supplies tomorrow and tackle that while Im at it
Old 07-31-2009, 11:26 PM
i has double turbo

good shit, all the other write ups are not too good, and ill do mine when sean gives it back to me

my honda sounds like a lawnmower, because it is one.