American Iron Tech A haven for those who love classic American muscle cars

Steet racing

Old 09-19-2005, 05:00 AM
The Happy Mrs.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by figment
use too, to much to lose now
+2
I used to do it all the time. I was out at least 3-4 nights a week. But things were diferent then. NOT that it was safe by any means, but just diferent! One instance I was running the Chevelle down a 2 lane road w/ a ditch on my side and a line of people on the other . Looking back it was stupid and I was lucky nothing happened. There was also a starting point and a finish point. Now you run till you peg your speedo. Thats just retarded imo.

I've always enjoyed the track more than the street. Theres not bullshiting before or arguing after. A time slip tells it all. And it's safe! For both those running and watching.

As far as how much it costs to build our cars, I don't think many people think about that when they go out to street race. I think they feel they have something to prove and they hope they don't get cought . Again, just not worth it.

And yes, I beat on my car. Mostly at the track, but thats what I built it for. Luckily no major problems due to racing it either. I didn't want to build something completely stock. It's not like my car has matching #'s or is anything special anyway.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:04 AM
Grandpa

street racing days are long gone. It is hard to restrain from blowing some Ricer/wannabe racer off the light when he trys to show off his fart cans.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:26 AM
Banned

If I'm at a light and nobody is around, I might jump on it for a second, but normally, I'm just cruising around looking like a B.A. in the SS. I get the same buzz from hitting it without another car next to me at the light, and as I understand it, that's not street racing and they can't impound my car for that. Seems like everybody wins that way.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:00 PM

its not what it used to be
Old 09-19-2005, 12:21 PM
Has V.I.P in HELL!

its not like it was in the 90s,plus i see no point to do it out on the road if your running a high h.p car your just better to trun at the track plus u can learn how to tune your car and chassis on the track buy looking at your times
Old 09-19-2005, 12:51 PM
The Happy Mrs.

Originally Posted by ghost 727
its not like it was in the 90s,plus i see no point to do it out on the road if your running a high h.p car your just better to trun at the track plus u can learn how to tune your car and chassis on the track buy looking at your times
When I said I did it back then, it was back in the 90's also.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:17 PM
Has V.I.P in HELL!

i remember stealing my friends moms car and we would go out there and watch cars run.used to see a shit load of cars on trialers and old v-8 cars out there ohh the good old days,then that damn movie came out and everyone was a damn race car driver.killed it for the real people.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Frank
If I'm at a light and nobody is around, I might jump on it for a second, but normally, I'm just cruising around looking like a B.A. in the SS. I get the same buzz from hitting it without another car next to me at the light, and as I understand it, that's not street racing and they can't impound my car for that. Seems like everybody wins that way.

yes they can. they consider it racing against a clock.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:42 PM
I gota Cheby

lol 90's, like thats a long time ago. I remember Gandy back in 1978 in my friends 66 GTO with a BBC and it had 14x32'2 on it and ran 10's uncapped on N20. Yep times have changed and the cars but the lawman still comes out there, and the bs is still the same just different cars and people.

Only 1/4 mile track I know is Gandy Bridge
Old 09-20-2005, 07:13 PM
???
Capt."Howling Mad"Murdock

Originally Posted by corey r.
yes they can. they consider it racing against a clock.

yep....

they can write it even if your in a parking lot off the road