American Iron Tech A haven for those who love classic American muscle cars

Steet racing

Old 09-18-2005, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steet racing

does anyone out there who owns a muscle car ever go out street racing?
Old 09-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Jonathon

use too, to much to lose now
Old 09-18-2005, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by figment
use too, to much to lose now
+1
Old 09-18-2005, 04:00 PM

there still a few that come out to the local races....
Old 09-18-2005, 04:15 PM

People still street race
* IP Web-Site

* RIP Kevin/Slo_Si RIP & Pablo/Fathead
Old 09-18-2005, 04:54 PM

not worth it. Plus, most street races nowadays are top end or from a roll, something muscle cars arent designed for. However if you fuck with a car now and then its not great. Keep it on the track, losing your ride over a race that had 0 cash involved is retarded.

"On life's journey faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the light by day and right mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him."
Buddha
Old 09-18-2005, 04:57 PM
70Z

Between the legal issues and the cost of Muscle cars and parts I don't think to many get raced anywhere. Street or otherwise.

I did see an all original, number #1 condition, '68 Baldwin Motion Phase III Camaro run an 11.95 a few weeks ago though. I also saw a chick in a 70 Super Bee run an 11.45 and blow his doors off...God Damn!!!!

Old 09-18-2005, 05:45 PM

well i dont believe its too expensive to build a muscle car as long as you r not tryin to build a rare or high dollar car. that really would not be worth it. i no that some of these import guys r buildin cars for about the same or more of what it would take to build something like same a mustang coupe, maverick, comet, later style nova, vega, later stle camaro, dart, duster, early barracuda, and these r just some of the many out there still affordable. now i no you r probably going to say about the body, suspension, braking, and so on, but have u all seen many of the imports runnin around out there. i mean, some of them have bodies that look like shit, others have bottomed out suspensions, and so on. now im not sayin that all of them look like this but there r alot of them and they give a dam, besides there is such a vast aftermarket for our cars that the prices r not out of this world. maybe it would be alot easier fora cop to single out a muscle car out of all the imports, but that goes with the territory. i no that when i get my car ready i got a few imports out there that r on my list to race. specifically a 91 civic hatch, a 03 sentra spec V, and a subaru wrx.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:10 PM

i built my car to beat on (race). lisa also wants to race her car too. so her's is going to be built for racing too.

i'm not into 100% stock cars. i want a old car that i can beat on. i'll be putting more money into the cars than they are worth. more than a car in #1 shape would bring. but i'll have fun beating the shit out of it

her car is close to the top of the food chain as far as javelins go. but i'm pulling the stock 4 speed and installing a tremic 5 speed tko600 (there is some cutting needed to make it fit) the motor is getting pulled and a 401 is going in with a nice cam. i might put a ford 9 inch in her car too

i just want the outside and the interior to look stock. but my car might be getting a rollcage after i put a bigger cam in it
Old 09-18-2005, 07:43 PM
70Z

Originally Posted by 74javelin
but i'll have fun beating the shit out of it

LOL!....

Nothing wrong with the day 2 thing...I'm trying to buy a '72 Camaro right now that has a fresh 427 in it just for that purpose. To beat the shit out of it. Technically though, it's not a Muscle car. It's just an old car thats cool.