Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

MY Experience with Sound Advice

Old 01-12-2007, 08:16 AM
King of Ricers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TBSpyder
Anyone who's been installing car audio for more than a week knows things get broken or damaged (however minor it may be) quite often. I think it's safe to say it comes with the territory. Whether it be poor manufacturer design or just an effect of age and the elements, or a combo of the both...broken brackets, clips, scratches, and etc. are bound to happen...most are subtle enough that the customer never knows though.
maybe thats how you do things at sound advice, but thats not how I roll.

Maybe its because I take two or three hours to install an amp I'm a bit more careful.

I see no way you are getting afull refund on labor through any company channels. It just wont happen. From a business point of view, the problem has been remedied and punitive damage is irrelevent to them. They will also crush you in small claims since they have fixed hte problem.

Your only viable recourse is to charge it back to your credit card.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:41 AM
Errare Humanum Est

Agreed.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Rick James bitch

clips do break & dont get me wrong if they did the install they should fix it. I mean a door panel clip isnt going to be noticeable but, from what you say thats crazy.
Fuck you, Todd. Fuck you sideways with a rusty spoon.
TR 5th Gen Civic CREW Member #14

T & C Racing

What VP Race fuel's should we carry?

FT Crew Mascot lol
Gotta love my hater fan club. I love the fact people worry about me 24/7 Ill never be forgotten. I love you guys.....
Old 01-12-2007, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by NoTLaDStyle
maybe thats how you do things at sound advice, but thats not how I roll.

Maybe its because I take two or three hours to install an amp I'm a bit more careful.

So you're saying you've never broke or even slightly damaged something during an install? And how many installs have you done?
Old 01-13-2007, 01:09 AM

Whoever touches the car has a responsibility. If something breaks while it is in their possession, it is their problem. If they are afraid of breaking shit, they are in the wrong business. It is ridiculous how they think they can get away with breaking someone's shit and they dont think they should fix it.

Call 8 on your side and get something done the right way. Fuck that shit. Dont go out the easy way man. Get it done and get it done now.

Kevin *Slo Si* 9/13/06 RIP! You will be missed! Godspeed!

We will miss you Pablo. Take care man. 1!
Old 01-13-2007, 04:20 AM
isuck

So you're saying you've never broke or even slightly damaged something during an install? And how many installs have you done?
he breaks everything in my car

But thats usually because its rusted or already broken halfway.... damn 14+ yr old car...

Like when we took an alternator ground bolt off... it really came off... like one turn and the nut snapped right off.

No wonder the damn thing wasnt making any power!

Note* my alternator has been working 100% fine ever since we changed the stupid ground on it. Although my redtop took too much of a beating and is now fucked. I wanted to get a bluetop some dude was selling in the forums but he is selling it for 60 bucks...... a price that low, and him so desperate to sell it, you have to wonder wtf is wrong with it....

Last edited by P057; 01-13-2007 at 04:24 AM.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:27 AM
King of Ricers

I have never broken so much as a tree clip on a door... wait, no I break those all the time but I carry like 50 spares I bent a tweeter dome right, but I gave him $100 in free labor immediately to remedy it(I installed a head unit, amp, and half his alarm for free all because of a booboo on a set of mids in the door).

between 02 when I actually got a business license in california until last year I was doing about 5 jobs a week (keep in mind I have to drive out and If they forgot something such as a set of RCAs I have to reschedule and go buy it for them) I always use a hairdryer on trim panels when its cold, and I look up removal methods before jobs on unfamiliar cars. This year and half of last year I have only been doing alarms with an occasional TR members system(monsterdj)

I'm not an industrial strength installer, SA probably does 10+ installs in a day. I'm just saying that for the exorbitant amount of money SA charges, theres no reason for something so haphazard to happen.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:52 PM
**BoTtLeS aRe 4 BaBiEs**

What you need to do is make compaints with the companys corporate office and then go online or call and make a complaint with the better business bureu. I had an problem with continental airlines where i payed for a ticket and didnt go so they gave me a credit with the airline, well i go to use the credit about three weeks later and the guy tells me i have to pay fifty dollars because there was a change made to my itenirary, after a arguement with the manager for about 15 min he said he could even exchange the ticket i wanted with the previous ticket i bought or i could pay the 50 dollars and the take the 89 dollar ticket out of my credit, concidering my credit was for 249 i decided to pay the 50 dollars, after i fly home i call them to make a flight back and they said there was no money left on my account because i did an even exchange I argue up and down with them went through five managers, called their corporate office and they all swore up and down that there is no way i can get that money back. Well that pissed me off bad so I decided to file a complaint with the better business bureu even though i thought it wouldnt change anything but i just wanted to give them a bad name so i get online and make the complaint and about a week later i recieve a call from continental asking me what number i put the previous reservation under i am thinking they are calling to tell me sorry and all this but thats all they wanted to know. 2 weeks past and I check the mail and there was a check in my name for 266 dollars. I was happy i took the 10 min to file with them so even if you think it won't do anything it doesnt hurt.... thats my experience with the better business bureu
Old 01-16-2007, 02:50 PM

a friend of mine has a golf and they have to have the dealer give him a part to unscrew the center piece.... well my friend didnt know that and the pros did, and instead of telling him that they strip the special screws and tell him he has to buy new ones and have the dealer take it out before they can install the new radio, amp, and sub...... so after he does that he gets the car back and it sounds like shit.....the head unit doesnt turn off when you turn the car off and the amp still puts out power to the sub when the volume is down..... so he takes it back and they tell him he messed with it and they cant do anything for him..... my friend is rich and doesnt care so he took it some place else and had them fix it.... this was the one on folwer....... I recommend Buzz off on dale mabry
Old 01-16-2007, 05:15 PM
King of Ricers

^ that made no sense.