Audio HQ Car audio, regular music, anything audio should goes in this forum.

MY Experience with Sound Advice

Old 12-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY Experience with Sound Advice

So, I go to Sound Advice to buy and have a system installed 'the right way'...

First off, I got an okay deal on some of the hardware..the rest I got ripped off on as usual with Sound Advice, but I figured what the hell, the PROS are gonna install it. I wire it, install the deck and rear speakers, and just leave the steering wheel control adaptor and the front speakers for them.

Here's a quick version:

- After 3 labor charges and a 6-hour wait (they told me itd take 2 hours) they finish the install, breaking a clip on the passenger control panel and overtightening a trim panel.
- I bring it back because the trim panel looks like shit now and the contorl panel is now just flopping around without its mounting clip. Install tech bring me back there and tells me they can't fix it. I say buy me a new one. They tell me it was designed to break and they won't - strange because the driver's control panel went back on perfectly. His Mobile Install MAnager Todd Russell goes so far as to start insulting me and telling me 'not to get an attitude with him' and tells me to go to a junkyard and find the part. Fuck you, Todd. Fuck you sideways with a rusty spoon.
- Immediatly leave the shop and talk to Jay (some flakey manager of something), who says they're going to replace the part free of charge. Nobody fixed the trim panel like I asked.
- After repeated phone calls and going back and forth and excuses by Jay as to why they haven't ordered and found the part yet (this went on for a couple weeks) I call the GM dealer myself, get the P/N and give it to Jay. He says great and suppossedly orders it for me.
- Once it 'arrives' I'm scheduled on a Saturday morning for the repair. Jay calls to tell me his install tech isn't in that day, so I have to be rescheduled for Monday.
- I go in Monday and hand them my keys. Guess what they tell me after an HOUR wait? They can't find any part there...and by Jake's (the service rep I dealt with) explination of the part, SoundAdvice ordered the wrong thing somehow...if they indeed ordered it at all...I know it was the wrong thing or they're lying because they said they ordered a clip...they don't sell just the clip. The entire unit has to be replaced. Its a 138.50 dollar peice. Jake tells me that if its that expensive there might be problems with getting it, to which I reply I don't care how much it costs them, I still want it fixed. Oh yeah, he also tells me that since someone fucke dup and didn't charge me enough, I have to pay 47 dollars MORE for an install that was done like 2 months ago...I reluctently pay, but they haven't heard the end of that one. My trim peice still hasn't been fixed either...Alls they need to do is loosen and remount it, I just don't have a star bit to loosen the screw with.

So, I left out a lot of great parts dealing with these fucking yahoos in order to keep it neat and short...but lets just say I'm angry by now. Anyone know anybody with Sound Advice I should call, or should I just start having the lawyer write up a letter to them?

This isn't the first botched install form these assholes, either. This was the Sound Advice on Dale MAbry. I went to the other one for a simple speaker install..and they drilled into the rubber surround on my 200 dollar component speakers. Took it back to be replaced or at least fixed...they did nothing..I just stopped caring about that...but now I'm just fed up with these people.

Anyone else have similar results with using these 'pros'? I'm seriously so tired of dealing with them...as soon as I pay off that credit card from them I'm ripping it up and never going there again.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by vip18971
Anyone know anybody with Sound Advice I should call, or should I just start having the lawyer write up a letter to them?
Go in and ask to talk with the GM, should be Karial. It's really the mobile audio manager, Jay's, responsibility....but if he's not doing his job, you unfortunately need to talk to the GM of the store.

In their defense, things do break quite easily on cars. Especially older vehicles and/or ones which have had work done on them prior. Who was the actual installer? And what kind of vehicle was this on? Any pics?
Old 12-13-2006, 08:52 PM
Thread TERRORIST

ITs a pretty damn beefy clip. Not like a dash trim clip. I can post a pic up in a day or two, but pretty much the entire clip that holds it has been snapped off...Can't find the clip to take a picture of it, I'm sure they threw it away. But I guess if this goes any farther I'm going to need pics, so I'll get on that and post em up.

As far as the person who physically did the install, I know he was a white guy with dark hair...thats about it. Todd kinda resembles the guy form Mythbusters...I'll try to get his name when I call Jay tomorrow. No prior work had been done on this car (my 1999 Lesabre), and I told the guy that I udnerstand things break..but christ, the control panel just comes out of the hole cut into the armrest for it and sorta lays there...looks like hell. If they had just snapped off a dash bezel clip or two I probably wouldn't have noticed or cared.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Old 12-14-2006, 01:45 PM
isuck

That sucks. I do agree with the "shit breaks" but them giving you the runaround is just irresponsible. The fact that they've fucked your relatively expensive speakers up should've told you that going there again would be a really stupid idea.

The thing about charging you more later? you should've told them to fuck themselves and left. Mistakes are mistakes, they should take responsibility for their stupid employee that cant figure basic math.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:08 PM
I need a new gas gauge

Those bitches are quick to talk shit and not fix a fucking thing but yanking one of those stupid mother fuckers over the counter and stomping my 10.5 across their fucking face will fix alot of shit. These stupid pieces of shit think that because your being civil and not knocking some fucking common sense into one them, they can not assume responsibility they can assume the bitch ass position after i smack with their own merchandise. Clean up on aisle 2 bitches and i want a fucking upgrade what who want it? Damn I am cursing out a PC there goes all that anger management to hell. G/l
Old 12-14-2006, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by vip18971
I'll try to get his name when I call Jay tomorrow.

Honestly, I probably wouldn't even waste my time with him anymore...go straight to the head guy, Karial. You'll get faster results.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:39 AM
Thread TERRORIST

So, here's an update on where I sit. I kept bothering with Jay bleieving his line of bullshit. The latest thing was they had fired the peopel above him who were in charge of authorizing the orders for new parts (its a $138.50 part they need to get) and he had nobody to contact.

At this point I thougth somethign was up..its been excuse after excuse with these peopel adn its taken MONTHS. So, I call the regional VP, who says that what Jay told me is completly inaccurate and has the guy who authorizes the payments call me within 5 minutes. That guy has worked for Sound Advice for over a decade.

So, we'll see what happens, but if you go to Sound Advice on Dale Mabry, DO NOT TRUST JAY, he is a lying sack of shit. And watch their install team, unless there's new people there they have a habit of breaking things and then getting offensive with you and not wanting to make it right.

QUESTION: At this point, do you think its stupid of me to feel that, especially AFTER I was bresented with another bill that one time I went in, I should be reimbursed for the botched installation job? I don't like to try to jew peopel out of their money, but this time I really feel a refund is in order.

Last edited by BAMF; 01-10-2007 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:33 AM
All American, rice eater!

did you pay for it with a credit card???? - if so - deny the charge - it doenst matter how long it has been - 2 months no problem, i then would file with the better business brueu. i would write a letter with a time line and names to the events that took place to the president of SA - and then ask for a full refund of the labor!!! doing this shows you tried to work it out so if you have to go to court you look like the victim and have tried to work it out -
Old 01-10-2007, 11:42 AM

If you would have skipped Jay and went to Karial like I said in the first place, you could have fixed this whole situation a long time ago. Oh well.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:16 AM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by TBSpyder
If you would have skipped Jay and went to Karial like I said in the first place, you could have fixed this whole situation a long time ago. Oh well.
Yeah, if I have to deal with them anymore I'm going to Karial or someone higher. I'm through dealing with Jay. I think asking for a refund of all labor charges is about fair, don't you?