Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

2005 "Boomer-X" 12 hour event. Orlando - March 5th, 2005.

Old 12-10-2004, 11:34 PM
F K D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 "Boomer-X" 12 hour event. Orlando - March 5th, 2005.

Copied from another board:
My name is Bill MacDonald and I autoX with SCCA and also participated in the Martin Mini Prix. I work for the Senior Resource Alliance - Central Florida's largest funder of senior home and community based services. We destribute approximately 22 million dollars to seniors for services like Meals on Wheels, Caregiver respite, and many others to help our aging population retire in their place of choice.

Below is a 'working copy' of the event proposal I have come up with for a fresh and exciting fundraising event for The Senior Resource Alliance and a program we administer called the Florida Senior Safety Resouce Center. The Center exists to provide cognitive driving ability testing to ensure the safety of elder drivers and those using our roads (no jokes or rude comments needed please - this event wouldn't happen without the support of this program)

Nevertheless, we understand the need for funding and awareness of this program and I have developed an event to ensure and accomplish both. If you've read this far, I would like to thank you. Please review the information below and let me know if you believe this is an event Martin Sports Car Club should be involved in.

Your feedback is encouraged and appreciated.

Regards,
Bill

Central Florida's BoomerX is Orlando's inaugural 12-hour AutoX to be held Saturday, March 5, 2005, from 10:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. to generate awareness of transportation issues in Central Florida, the event's headline sponsor, vitality in aging, the impact of the "Baby Boomer" population, and Central Florida's nonprofit organizations that will serve them.

The event will hinge on a 12-hour AutoX (cone course), drifting exhibitions, and a car show on Lot 1 of the Orlando Centroplex in Downtown Orlando. During the BoomerX, a festival of vendors and lifestyle attractions for all ages will be in the surrounding areas. Additionally, a car will be raffled off. There will also be prizes for the fastest drivers and "Best in Show."

Additionally, a charitable component would create community awareness to driving issues by donating a quarter for each lap run to benefit DriveABLE and the Florida Senior Safety Resource Center - Central Florida's only scientifically based cognitive driving ability testing program. Florida's population is aging and the cost of testing is high. Entrants, spectators, and raffle ticket purchasers will help those unable to pay for the testing by giving them access to quality and unbiased testing results.

Logistics of the event would be covered through entrants "working the course." All drivers must work their assignment. Work-time and expected drive times could be arranged during event registration.

Only 100 pre-registered drivers will be eligible to participate. the entrance fee is $50 per driver - which covers event admission for the driver and 1 (one) guest; $2 million liability coverage provided by the event host; 1 raffle ticket; and as many laps as the driver wishes to drive and work. As mentioned above, a donation of $0.25 per lap is highly encouraged to help raise funds for the FSSRC. Spectator admission cost is $2 to benefit the Florida Senior Safety Resource Center. Admission for children age 12 and below is free. Attendance throughout the event is expected to exceed 1,000.

A used car with race stripes and race appearance will be given to the holder of a randomly selected raffle ticket. Raffle tickets wil be sold through our aging network and partners for $5 each. An opportunity for spectators to 'Share the cost of a lap' in exchange for a ride along exists to further raise funds for the event.

This event, the headline sponsor, and Martin Sports Car Club have the potential to receive a full coverage, one-hour show on Orange County's "VisionTV," with the potential to garner coverage on cable television's SPEED Channel. Additionally, various local and national news outlets would have the opportunity to cover the story. Video equipment vendor "VuZ" will provide multiple angle camera equipment to provide exciting and visually appealing video for television audiences.

Support would be provided through vendor booths, sponsorhip, and race entry fees. Possible partners include: the Senior Resource Alliance (confirmed), Seniors First (confirmed), Sebring International Raceway (confirmed), the Downtown Orlando Partnership (confirmed), the Central Florida Sports Commission, various car clubs, and others. Event sponsorship opportunities include: senior product corporations, all other corporations seeking to reach any and all age demographics, and local businesses looking to gain local and/or national exposure.

This event has the opportunity to become an annual event. I look forward to reading your feedback. Send me an e-mail anytime at wmac@cfl.rr.com. If you'd like, I can send you an excel spreadsheet outlining a detailed strategic marketing plan to ensure the event's success.

Here is the entire thread for those that are interested.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:09 PM

anybody doing this one?

Jeremy

Old 02-01-2005, 05:14 AM
The Fat Cobra

It sounds like it could be fun, but I don't think I will be there. It will be a small course with lots of runs, which is nice, but it will be tough on tires. I would only go if I wanted to finish off a set. I did the Dixie Region 12 hour event a few years ago and I finished off a set of azenis there. That was fun.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:21 AM
The Hoff

i'm registered... just didn't know how to register my car.. 540i wasn't on any of the lists.

2009 Ford Escape - Stock Toy Hauler/DD

2007 Lexus RX350 - Stock Wife Hauler

2009 Kosmic - The Toy - 125cc Vortex Super Rok TAG, (For Sale - $2800)

2007 Intrepid Silverstone - The Faster Toy - CR125 6-Speed

Last edited by 99TL; 02-01-2005 at 05:24 AM.