Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

The Miata is dead. Long live the Miata!

Old 06-27-2006, 08:03 AM
Wanna buy a monkey?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Miata is dead. Long live the Miata!

Well, I wasn't planning on getting a new car so soon, but when the Civic was stolen and totaled, that insurance check was just sitting there staring at me... And after commuting in my first gen Miata for a month, something had to be done!

So I found this in Port Richey. 2006 Miata Sport/Suspension Package. It's the right color too. The old Miata was sold within a week...

I'll be out of town for the 7/8 Sunriders event, so it looks like I'll have to wait for the 7/15 event at Brooksville to give it a proper shakedown... I can already tell it's SEVERELY underdamped in the front. Really softly sprung, too. Maybe I'll change the springs along with the shocks and play in CSP.

I love the pictures of the old and new together... It's interesting how many design cues they share, especially in the rear! One of the ladies at work said "Wow, your car looks great, did you have it painted?" haha.

Oh, the joys of owning a Honda!.....................And the joys of owning a Mazda!

Last edited by jaball77; 12-31-2006 at 06:42 PM.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:30 AM
The Fat Cobra

Nice. All you need is some JICs, alignment, and race wheels/tires and you should do well in CSP. Contact Brian Goodwin and/or Dan Pedroza for setting up the suspension. Brian tracks his on JICs, I believe. Dan is currently running CSP in his NC, but is developing a SC kit and will be moving to SM2.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:11 AM
Blasian Sensation

Nice upgrade, luv the color too. Time to break it in
Old 06-27-2006, 09:36 AM
Wanna buy a monkey?

Originally Posted by Muddy
Nice. All you need is some JICs, alignment, and race wheels/tires and you should do well in CSP. Contact Brian Goodwin and/or Dan Pedroza for setting up the suspension. Brian tracks his on JICs, I believe. Dan is currently running CSP in his NC, but is developing a SC kit and will be moving to SM2.
Heh. I don't think I'm ready to drop $1600 on a coilover kit. Probably just go with the MazdaSpeed shock/spring/swaybar set and some wider wheels/tires. Too bad there's not something like an STX2 class or something... I don't think anyone runs CSP in CFR-West, which means I'll be bumped to BSP with Charles and his 350Zed. Ouch!

The car right now doesn't really inspire the confidence that the NA did with the Konis and front bar... The NC feels pretty nervous in comparison. Hopefully lowering and more damping will help. It sure is nice to commute in, though.

Oh, the joys of owning a Honda!.....................And the joys of owning a Mazda!
Old 06-27-2006, 12:00 PM
I Heart 2nd Gear Racing

Originally Posted by jaball77
I'll be bumped to BSP with Charles and his 350Zed. Ouch!
That would be intriguing, but fortunately for myself, I sold my 350z Track wheels, so I'm back in B Stock - right where I belong! Unofficially, though, I -TRY- to compete with anyone else on street tires. Speaking of .... who is usually the quickest on street tires? Tony Adams? Elliot Harvey?

Congratulations on a beautiful car, Jason. I look forward to seeing it in a few weeks.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rosko
Speaking of .... who is usually the quickest on street tires?
*cough*

Jeremy

Old 06-27-2006, 12:34 PM
El Puto ©

Nice, moving up in the world. Color is almost dead on to the old miata.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:41 PM
Wanna buy a monkey?

Originally Posted by Rosko
That would be intriguing, but fortunately for myself, I sold my 350z Track wheels, so I'm back in B Stock - right where I belong! Unofficially, though, I -TRY- to compete with anyone else on street tires. Speaking of .... who is usually the quickest on street tires? Tony Adams? Elliot Harvey?

Congratulations on a beautiful car, Jason. I look forward to seeing it in a few weeks.
Hmm, my bad. CSP bumps to ASP, which then bumps to prepared classes...

Even if I start in SM2 that ends up bumping right into AP (or XP or whatever the class is now)...

Or I could not worry about any class crap and just have fun with it.

Old 06-27-2006, 04:09 PM
OUCH!!!

Come on man.... XP is where it's at!!!!!!!! You can hang with McIlvene
Old 06-27-2006, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Leonard
Come on man.... XP is where it's at!!!!!!!! You can hang with McIlvene
McIlvanie drives a 1991 STS Civic now. He has seen the light. Honda > Ford

Jeremy