Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

CFRC Autocross: January 8th, 2011

Old 01-12-2011, 08:16 PM
hyu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gah I shoulda taken pictures. Who was taking pictures at the hairpin? I kinda wanna see how bad my suspension took it
Old 01-12-2011, 08:28 PM

I saw someone taking pictures or video by the hairpin, kind of scary if you lost control ... the guy wouldnt have a chance

Old 01-12-2011, 08:28 PM
@ CFRC

Originally Posted by rojna
It was confusing, on the first run most were off course

Looks like they didnt have enough cones to lay it out ... or just chalking the crossover area would make it much easier to understand.

The layout was fun to run, just a little confusing at first lol
LOL, I agree we were a little short of cones for the course so we had to try the best of what we had, we're ordering more cones for this week, so expect a clearer course for the next one.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:36 PM

More cones or just use chalk in between cones to layout the course

Next one is February 05, 2011 ??
Old 01-12-2011, 09:58 PM
@ CFRC

More cones or just use chalk in between cones to layout the course

Next one is February 05, 2011 ??
Yep!
Old 01-13-2011, 06:13 AM

I saw someone taking pictures or video by the hairpin, kind of scary if you lost control ... the guy wouldnt have a chance

Wow. Just... wow. And no one thought to stop the event and point it out to somebody?
Old 01-13-2011, 06:45 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Laying down? Where is the spotter if you are going to allow this?

C'mon, I know you are running a more relaxed event but after hearing all the cars that lost it and took hard hits (one that I witnessed) and now this ... I am having a hard time supporting this.

Safety is number 1 always. If you aren't going to run a safe event and enforce the rules then its just not worth it.

More and more people are coming out to your event because of the location and not having to work the course. But the more I speak with Club Members the site needs help and work and a lot of us are deciding not to go because while you are asking for it, you don't enforce it.

I would just like to see you do everything possible to create a safe environment and event for people.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production

Last edited by chi town brat; 01-13-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by chi town brat
Club Members
Club members? Which Club? Much of the appeal of CFRC is that it doesn't have the excessive structure of the Club (I'm a license-holding member, so I can poke ). So I would fully expect members of the Club to disagree with the way CFRC is run. That's not a problem.

However, I think we all can agree that the above photograph is frightening! It took me a second to realize that was a still image from video, looking out of a windshield. So, aimed directly at the guy laying down.

That never should have happened. Thankfully, nothing did happen.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:54 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Originally Posted by alanbmoore
Club members? Which Club? Much of the appeal of CFRC is that it doesn't have the excessive structure of the Club (I'm a license-holding member, so I can poke ). So I would fully expect members of the Club to disagree with the way CFRC is run. That's not a problem.
Poke all you want because I am a SCCA (5 years) & BMW Club Member.

I wasn't talking about structure, I was speaking to Safety. The "SAFETY" concerns have more and more Club Members who are Used to running at sites where Safety is observed are becoming less interested in this site due to the risk of hitting what cannot be moved out there or was not moved or what was not designed to have the car slide inside the track, etc. Even people that ran out there before and enjoyed not having so many Safety rules now question going out there because Safety Is Important.

I even got into it with the Staff at our last BMW event that I went to due to the safety issues on site.

You do what you can to the best of your ability to give the driver a safe event. If this event is a free-for-all then fine, let it be. But sooner or later safety will be what people are thinking of. Point blank this site is attracting a lot of Novice drivers. Safety is the First thing they should learn.

I think their staff needs help in safety, course design and rule enforcement. It's not about going out and laying down some cones for cars to go around, you have to look at a lot more than that. And as a Club Member you know that right?

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 01-13-2011, 04:43 PM
@ CFRC

While ever since I've ran these events I've always promised a fun and safe environment for fellow cone-chasers, while we aren't as strict on course work and car classing as other clubs, I've never relaxed on overall safety in recent months. I know the new pad is set-up isn't primarily for autocross, but I've adapted the course to prevent possible accidents.

I knew that the photographer was in that area of the course, but what I didn't know is that he was laying down on the ground at some points to take photos in spots that is unsafe and potentially hazardous, we're very lucky that nothing happened, but I know I can't continue to run these with just hope and luck that nothing unfortunate happens, I'll be sure to address any photographer with a specific map of where is safe and what is off-limits.