Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

2 STOLEN R1's!! PLEASE READ!!

Old 12-09-2004, 06:07 AM
live...laugh...love

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Supralover
Yeah, it'd be nice to know who NOT to ride with
For real.....there's only a handfull of people that I trust on here. Big shot out to y'all! WHA-WHAT!

"The riders live as gods. At a certain moment they understand that they must go back to the world of man. This not a punishment because they have transformed man's world into a paradise."
- Dr. Costa
Old 12-09-2004, 06:15 AM
TR Bike Tech Post Whore

Originally posted by coBrA1Day
For real.....there's only a handfull of people that I trust on here. Big shot out to y'all! WHA-WHAT!
Woot-Woot!
Old 12-09-2004, 09:18 AM
byah

Originally posted by CopMagnetLS1
then could you at least give us an idea of who was there - why do you say this was a "TR" ride?

Maybe it could have been one of the Seductive rides that were posted on here, but other than that there aren't too man "TR" Sunday rides.....

Are you fucking kiding me? It was a TR ride. There was a thread about it. Listen I have accepted that my bike isn't comming back, so just let it go. I really don't feel like posting anymore facts about it. The people who need to know know about it. My buddys might post thier vins up but other than that nothings going to happen. We are all out a shitload of money and I know I have learned my lesson.

Progressive is the company I have. I was paying $700/year. Everything except comp. Thats with my record being really bad. I just got my new wallet sized insurance cards in the mail about a week after the bike was stolen, thats the worst part.
TF Iron Lung Crew member #001
Originally Posted by Banksy
Clear papers make Jesus cry.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:23 AM

Honestly man, I dunno where the thread is about the guy that bought a frame that had the VIN JB welded and it all traced back to it being stolen up north and counterfieting money, but the more people that know specific info about the bikes the more likely you are to at least knab the SOB for selling stolen parts/riding stolen property, etc.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:36 AM
Mouthhugsarenice

I don't know about anyone else but this is why I don't park my bike outside for longer than 5 minutes let alone 8 hours. They are just way to easy for someone to steal.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:40 AM
Light Bulb With Horns

ok my bike was stolen. i am very mad but i will just deal with it and eat the price. i hope it is found, but i know its not going to happen. thank you for your help in posting on other sites. if it would help you guys out, my VIN is JYARN05E11A009018 . it was a 2001 yamaha R1 blue, with a yoshimura trs exhaust. and just something to look for, i was missing the first screw on the left side, the one closest to the front where the upper and lower fairing connect.

thank you for your support,
greg

813-728-8439 if you find anything out.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:17 AM
Sugar Daddy - Miami Bound

Originally posted by jdm driven
my VIN is JYARN05E11A009018 . it was a 2001 yamaha R1 blue, with a yoshimura trs exhaust. and just something to look for, i was missing the first screw on the left side, the one closest to the front where the upper and lower fairing connect.
Thanks for the information - we will keep an eye out for it!!!!!!!!

Shickedance, no need to get upset, all I am saying is if you are going to "blame" some people from a "TR" ride, it would be nice to know who was there? Maybe just bring up the original post? It's not hard, and I'm sure if anyone WAS involved from that ride it would DEFINATELY help to narrow it down! No need to put a negative connotation on "TR" rides if you are unwilling to help fix a problem if there is/was/wasn't one ... ya know. If someone in here was found to be a part of something like that I would volunteer my services to be the first one to beat them the fuck down!!

I guess I just don't understand your reluctance to try and let us help figure out what happened?

Just trying to help man! None of us wish anything like that on anyone, if someone were to steal my bike I would be devastated and hunting them down with a passion.... Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE within a 100 mile radius in the bike society / business would know I was hunting them down!
Old 12-09-2004, 11:07 AM
dead and buried

Just trying to help man! None of us wish anything like that on anyone, if someone were to steal my bike I would be devastated and hunting them down with a passion.... Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE within a 100 mile radius in the bike society / business would know I was hunting them down!
+1
Old 12-09-2004, 12:23 PM
byah

Shickedance, no need to get upset, all I am saying is if you are going to "blame" some people from a "TR" ride, it would be nice to know who was there? Maybe just bring up the original post? It's not hard, and I'm sure if anyone WAS involved from that ride it would DEFINATELY help to narrow it down! No need to put a negative connotation on "TR" rides if you are unwilling to help fix a problem if there is/was/wasn't one ... ya know. If someone in here was found to be a part of something like that I would volunteer my services to be the first one to beat them the fuck down!!

I guess I just don't understand your reluctance to try and let us help figure out what happened?

I understand where your comming from and im in no way saying the tr rides aren't safe im just saying that on that specific ride, on that specific day, someone there I believe had something to do with the 3 bikes stolen. There are 2 or 3 other bikes that I know about in the complex where I stay. I am all the way in the back of where I live. If someone was just looking for bikes then they would not have just taken the ones infront of my apartment. Those are just my beliefs...they have not been proven in any way yet. I could be totally wrong. Ofcourse I don't think I am. But thats besides the point.
TF Iron Lung Crew member #001
Originally Posted by Banksy
Clear papers make Jesus cry.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:37 PM

sucks to hear Greg and andrews bikes got jacked.