Cars For Sale / Wanted Post ALL Cars For Sale / WTB here except for HONDA and ACURA. No Parts or Honda/Acura Cars...

'88 Mazda MX-6 GT (turbo)

Old 07-26-2004, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '88 Mazda MX-6 GT (turbo)

'88 MX-6 GT 5-speed, approx 150,000 miles. Black, shiny paint. A few nicks and scratches, nothing major. Grey interior is in what I think is very nice shape. FWD 2.2L turbo, plenty quick enough for me, and a great riding car for long trips.

Head gasket replaced after having a problem with overheating. The car ran, drove, boosted well, etc, but it had to get fixed. After I worked on it, now it won't start. Compression is at 90-90-90-60 (should be 135 across) last I checked it. I don't want to tear it apart again. Had the head checked and planed, checked out good prior to putting it back on the car.

Make an offer, I'd like to see it go within a month. It's been garage kept for the last 9 months or so, as I tried repairing it.

Pictures are available, I have a digital camera, so I can take any specifics that might be requested.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:15 PM
celsior ftw

i want the motor in that, so i can finally have a turbo motor. how much do you want for the whole car too, i would just take the motor out of it and put my non turbo in it and sell it again, lol.

Old 07-27-2004, 09:39 PM

It's not that simple. I think it's been explained plenty, but so you know, it's just not that simple.

What are you wanting to do with it, put it in your Probe? If you could fix the motor, you'd probably be better off leaving it in the MX-6 and selling your Probe.

I'd like $300, you pick it up. As I said I can take pictures of whatever on the car, and I definitely think it'd be worth keeping it in the car if you can fix the motor.

But if you want to attempt the swap, that's up to you. Just be sure to research what all is involved.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:16 AM
celsior ftw

yea i know but i like having my rx-7 look alike. lol

but 300 isnt bad, considering i have almost all the parts to build 2 complete motors and another partial one, and do you have the title for it cause if you do i could use 2 cars i could drive every day, one of my probes has no title, and if you could please put up some pics that would be great and where is the car located

Old 07-28-2004, 05:44 AM

Yes I have the title.

It's in Holiday, not maybe a mile off of US 19. Look it up on Mapquest, just put in Holiday FL.

I've not driven the Probes, but I know the GT of both should have adjustable suspension (soft/normal/hard), a stronger transmission (the n/a is weak), stronger (and different) CV axles, and power windows and locks.

One more thing about the power windows, they do work, but the window guide tab on the rear of the windows are missing, so the window doesn't go up/down straight without help. Replace them, you won't burn out the motors, and they should be fine.
Power steering leaks, but otherwise works great.
The A/C works good, retrofitted to 134 by the previous owner, who said it'd need a recharge about every summer.
New belts, new timing belt obviously as well. Replaced them earlier, drove the car to the house, and I marked the belt so as not to get the direction mixed up.
Driver's side door handle is not working well, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Right now it does...when it's raining and I need in in a hurry is usually when it doesn't.
Moonroof works and does not leak. Has a sliding cover to keep the sun out on really hot bright days. Doesn't pop "up" on it's own, but it slides back without any problem. I never really drove with it up, just slid back.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:28 PM
celsior ftw

yea ok ill ahev to talk to my dad about renting a trailor to get that beast cause i have 300 cash right now and now that i think about it ill just part out the probe without a title and use the mx-6 and my blue probe as my 2 cars

Old 07-29-2004, 04:10 AM

Anyone looking for photos, I put them in my gallery, although I had to shrink them some.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:56 PM

Car is back up for sale. All of the above still applies.