Cars For Sale / Wanted Post ALL Cars For Sale / WTB here except for HONDA and ACURA. No Parts or Honda/Acura Cars...

91 VR-4 nice condition project for 2,500 obo

Old 08-29-2005, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 VR-4 nice condition project for 2,500 obo

What i know about the car. It went into a local Mitsu dealer for a hiccup. Well, it turns out one of the mechanics said that the number one cylinder is dead. I'm not sure as to just what is wrong with it though. Reason i say that is that it certainly does not seem like a dead cylinder. It cranks right up, and i drove it home (about 3 miles) with no issues. It had a little studder, but nothing bad. I was suprized how little the issue seemed. The guy that brought it in said it over heated....he believes. So it may be as simple as a head gasket. Everything up to that point was fine. However the owner did not want to go any further with it. Personally i believe this is something that is relatively easy to repair. Even though it boosts up just fine with little to no studder, lets err on the side of caution and assume it will need a replacement engine.
The body on this car is very straight. I found 3 dings on the passeger side that are hardly noticable. The driver side appears to have had the door painted. Not noticable to the naked untrained eye from a few feet, but for someone that has been in the body business its noticable. You could quite honestly ride around in it for a few years without ever having anyone say anything or notice it. The top of the car is in great shape(hood/roof/lid). The front bumper has a few rub marks on the bottom of the cover from scraping on inclines. Just like you would find on any low riding vehicle. The rear bumper looks to have had something happen near the passenger side corner. However, its so minor i dont know if it will show up in the pics.
The interior is so so. All leather is in great shape except the driver seat. I would suggest replacing or recovering it. However, it still functions as normal, and the seat cover(although not my style) will do until you get around to it. The carpet should shampoo out really nice. The dash is probably in need of replacing. Its there, and functions in the capacity as any dash would, but it isn't up to show standards. The pics will show what i'm talking about. While you have the dash out plan on replacing the vent garnishes, and the gauges. It would be a nice time to upgrade to some really nice high dollar ones. The rear hatch area is clean and in order...don't recall seeing any damage/blemishes back there. Oh, and don't let the pics fool you on the tint. It will need to come off.
About the tranny. While the car was in there for the engine diagnostic the dealership did the TC recall. Upon my short drive to the house in the car i noticed that the syncro's will probably need to be replaced. It may be as simple as putting some GM Syncromesh in the tranny, but for all intents and purposes just plan on either tearing into the tranny or replacing it. The clutch on the other hand engages just where it needs to, and the flywheel seems to be in good condition...no chatter or jerky engages. Just smooth as soft butter.

Ok, now that i've completly discouraged you from buying the car let me give you some good news. First off, i have given the worst case senario on this car. Some people that look at this car will wonder why i mentioned some of these things as they are so minor. At least you know the car wont get any worse, but may not be as bad as you think. Secondly, within a 100 miles of me is a guy that has a good engine and tranny with less than 60K on it. I believe this was a JDM import for an NA to TT conversion. If you are so inclined you could get that engine tranny combo and drop it in. Then either part out what is in the car now, or build up a monster. Or you could just have spares.

Remember this is a project car. If you have always wanted to step into a VR4 but either didn't have the money up front, or didn't want to take a chance paying 6-8K only to inherit someone elses problems, then this is the car for you. You can get into this very cheap and go through it yourself, fix the engine any tranny, personalize it with your upgrades as you go along. You still come out of it with a car that you know front to back, can drive it as long as you want, then will sell for what you have in it. That is if you don't go to crazy with modding it.

Pics will follow later tonight....the sun is to harsh right now to get any decent photos, especially with my camera. I welcome any and everyone that is interested to come by and see for yourself. If you are out of the area then contact a local member to come look at it for you. I believe its worth every penny of 2,500 that's why i wouldn't have any issues with someone having a third party take a look for you.

Thanks for looking, and don't forget to check back for pics later.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:57 PM

Here are the pics. Keep in mind that i have not tried to clean the car yet. The car can look even better once a little attention is made to cleaning it up a bit. Still a very nice project just the way it is. Oh, i do have more pics but i only hav so much storage space for hosting them. Also, after a second look it comes to light that the door was single staged at some point and time. It matches rather well and with a coat of wax on it it would probably be unnoticable. But right now the car is a bit dirty from the mechanics...as you can see around the door handle on up to the bottom of the window. With a nice good bath and a good coat of wax this would be ready to roll, even though it doesn't look bad now.

Old 08-29-2005, 03:59 PM

Old 08-29-2005, 06:52 PM

trades? lol
Old 08-30-2005, 12:11 AM
"ultimate lurker"

still for sale? spoolinturbo@hotmail.com
Old 08-30-2005, 06:47 AM

Hahahaha, thanks for the bump Haddon.

Vert, i would rather just sell it, but if you got something really interesting i'll consider a trade.

Spool, so far its still for sale. I have a few interested parties from another site, but until the cash is in my hands its still for sale.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:54 AM

2500 for a running vr4? good fucking deal! bump for you!
Old 08-30-2005, 11:40 AM

well nothing interesting, but something you could make more money off of pix in gallery
Old 08-30-2005, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by VeRTigO
well nothing interesting, but something you could make more money off of pix in gallery

replied
Old 08-30-2005, 10:25 PM

Car still for sale...though it may not be for much longer. Have a few people supposed to send me deposits, but as i told them its first come first served. So if you are thinking maybe....don't delay on a deal like this.