Cars For Sale / Wanted Post ALL Cars For Sale / WTB here except for HONDA and ACURA. No Parts or Honda/Acura Cars...

FS\FT: 1999 Ford Contour SVT

Old 01-07-2006, 01:20 AM
www.contour.org

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS\FT: 1999 Ford Contour SVT

This is more of an interest check. I am getting kind of bored with this car and am thinking about starting with a new car. Instead of trading my car in I would like to see if this car can go to a good home. I would like to get a RWD car or something Turbocharged.

1999 Ford Contour SVT with 80,000 miles. It has been tastefully modded and well maintained. Black with Midnight Blue leather and all factory options.
The car dynoed at 182FWHP & 152FWTQ without the 75hp nitrous shot.

Regular maintanace includes: mobil one oil changes every 3mo/3000miles, trans fluid recently changed, New Wheel bearing\hubs, near new brakes and rotors, fuel filter changed once a year(I changed it last month), New plugs and wires, and Thorough Upper and Lower Intake manifold cleanings (with New Gaskets) every 6months.

Performance Mods:
MSDS Headers, MSDS Y-pipe, Stainless Steel 2.5in Catback exhaust
K&N Filter with BAT inc. Intake Pipe
Magnecor plug wires
ASP Underdrive Pulley
XCAL2 tune (Superchip)
Zex Dry nitrous Kit with purge and bottle pressure gauge
upgraded BAT Inc. Rear Sway Bar with poly bushings
Koni Struts and lowering springs (1.5 in drop)
OMP Front strut Tower brace
Energy Suspension Front and Rear poly motor mounts
B&M Short Shifter

Aesthetics:
Custom headlights
tinted Tail lights
Carbon Fiber Hood
Hella HID kit with Phillips bulbs

Audio:
Custom Fiberglass enclosure with 12" Eclipse aluminum sub, JL Audio 500/1 amp, and Monster 1/2 farad cap
Polk/momo speakers all around
Alpine CDA-9835

I might have some more modifications that I cant think of right now

Problems:
A\C is leaking. Blows Ice cold when you charge it but looses Charge in a few days
Clutch is slipping (I have a new spec stage 1 performance clutch that has not been installed yet).
The car is great other than that.

I also have a torsen LSD, upgraded shift forks, and a lightened flywheel that I might include if the offer is good enough. PICS of the car are available on a post I made in the members ride Section (just search for my screen name in that forum). PM me if you are interested or have any questions.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:43 AM

hey wats up man. Hey got any pics. What are u asking for it. Im interested since my dad has a 99 cougar built and i would love to give him a run...................pm me with any info. thanks
Old 01-07-2006, 09:47 AM

what r u looking to get for it . price pleeeze
Old 01-07-2006, 06:40 PM
Adam

yea man please post price.
94 Mustang V6 (ls1 Powered)
93 Mustang Notch (ls1 turbo project)
Old 01-07-2006, 10:08 PM
www.contour.org

Default 1999 SVT Contour

I forgot to mention that it has new outer tie rods, I changed them when I added the new suspension kit this past summer. Here are some pics. As far as the price, I have not given it much thought. It took me 20 minutes of staring at my post before I worked up the courage to actually submit it. Ideally, I would keep this car and whatever I got next, but I only have room for one. Dont take this as a load of BS, but throw out your offer and it might push me to sell this car and get an S2000 I have had my eyes on. Sorry if this post upsets some of you, but parting with this car sometimes feels like selling a child

Old 01-08-2006, 11:14 AM

how much without bottle and system. How about betweeen 3500 to 4k. Please pm. Really interested in this
Old 01-08-2006, 01:15 PM

3500 w/o system if not let me know how much i really want this car
Old 01-08-2006, 04:05 PM

Hey randy....I manage a Tire Kingdom.... Been working with cars for years and only have seen 2 of these up close...above post is right , their Blue book value is far higher then any offer on this thread , and if u keep it long enough , ull have a collectors item , its not going to depreciate.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:42 PM
www.contour.org

Default rare car

$4,000 is really not enough. You guys are right about how rare this car is. My SVT is #829 of 2,760. I have been looking out for this car since they first came out in 1998, and I can count on one hand how many of these cars I have seen on the road (aside from the ones I have seen at SVT Contour car club meets). This is a big reason why I am hesitating to get rid of it. I get compliments all of the time. I could get an S2000, spend some money on it and make it faster than my SVT, but then I would just be another guy with an S2000. The only bad side to having a rare car like this is that some people will assume it is slow, and that I put a body kit on granny's grocery getter.....It is always fun to prove them wrong with a stop light run. The best part is the look on their face when they ask me if it is supercharged and I say no.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:04 AM
Fully Built Inc.

bump for a clean ride