Cars For Sale / Wanted Post ALL Cars For Sale / WTB here except for HONDA and ACURA. No Parts or Honda/Acura Cars...

2002 acura rsx cd title $7k great condition

Old 06-03-2006, 05:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah bump for it in alabama.I know a guy that does it.He buys them from auctions and sometimes they need to be retitled.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:20 AM

whats up, sell me the swap..... lol
Old 06-03-2006, 10:27 AM
Mark G

Originally Posted by markzeronine
is it a type S
Old 06-06-2006, 05:34 AM
Call me Daddy

there has been 5 people to ask if it is a Type S is it?
Old 06-14-2006, 12:05 PM
mowchowbrowncow

i got a 1997 sedan ex few bolt ons and few other mods
Old 06-14-2006, 07:16 PM
Internet Car SalesManager

id buy it if i can confirm the alabama title thing.. pm me the vin..
Old 06-18-2006, 12:54 PM
Wears holes in knee pucks

What is the cost involved in getting the title straight?

And how legit is it to do this "title straigtening?"
Old 06-18-2006, 09:44 PM

depends man anywere between 500 and 1000
Old 06-18-2006, 11:53 PM

that does not work any more each state is in a huge computer database now, . your friend is washing rebuildable/salvaged titles and making them clean in that (kentucky)state but not a car with a certificate of distruction(issued in the name of the insurance company that requested it for a total loss on their accounting books),very few states do let you wash a salvaged title/theft recovery.Meaning if it was issued a salvaged /junktitle /theft recovery in floirda you could take it to kentucky becuase the damage might not be more then what that state allows and the wording of the damage on paper may not seem as bad as what florida declares a salvage they will give it a clean title. but if you try and bring the car back to florida from kentucky and register it in florida it will pop up as a salvaged rebuilt title agian.
I dont know of any states north dakota was the only state that you could have a c.o.d automobile reissued a new title and drive on the road after inspection. But even then you could not register it in any other state.I think that ended back in 1995 .

let me know of anything diff my brother has a jaguar xjs convert he purchased for the motor it had a engine fire and he replaced the harness thinking he could get a clean title or a rebuildable in a diff state but found out no not with a cod title only salvaged titles.with a cod title and he has researched for about a year talking to lot of people salvage car sellers,exporters,importers,cardealers,checked every states dmv website on the internet and has the same problem.

Only thing I know guys do with 15 yr cars or older. is buy c.o.d cars ,salvaged cars use 2-3 of them move parts over from one to another and have them retitled as "custom built rods" or" kit car" .Then all you have to do is prove its street legal and road worthy

so once a car is issued a certificate of distruction it means it no longer has a title and just a few papers meaning get the fucking thing of the road and it will never be allowed to have a title ever agian never a salvaged title , never a rebuildable title, never a theft recovery title ,means it has no title at all just paper work meaning it can never be titled again.

If anyone can prove diff please post a govt state website not just hear say, and dont get a certificate of distruction paper confused with a salvaged rebuilt title being washed as a clean title in a diff state.

Last edited by charlestampafl; 06-19-2006 at 12:35 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:53 AM

this is straight from the website of the state of alabama on a cod title
theowner of the rsx is not hidding anything he told everyone its for parts or export .
§707.3. Certificates of destruction; application requirements; restrictions on sale; disassembly requirement; department rules; penalties

A. When, as a result of an insurance settlement, a motor vehicle is determined to be water damaged, as defined in this Chapter, the insurance company that acquires ownership of the vehicle shall within thirty days from the settlement of the property damages claim send the certificate of title to the office of motor vehicles along with an application for a certificate of destruction. This period may be extended by rule or regulation promulgated by the Department of Public Safety and Corrections.

B.(1) Each application for a certificate of destruction shall be accompanied by the fee required for an original certificate of title.

(2) Upon receiving an application for a certificate of destruction, the office of motor vehicles shall issue a certificate of destruction that is conspicuously labeled with such designation and that contains the same information as other certificates of title issued under this Chapter.

C.(1) Notwithstanding any other law to the contrary, no motor vehicle for which a certificate of destruction has been issued shall be later issued a salvage or reconstructed title or otherwise titled or registered by the office of motor vehicles for use on the roads or highways of this state.

(2) Notwithstanding any other law to the contrary, no motor vehicle which has been issued a certificate of destruction shall be resold as a retail unit, and such vehicle shall be dismantled, sold for any usable parts, or crushed.

D.(1) Notwithstanding R.S. 32:717, 759.1(B), or any other law to the contrary, a person who purchases or acquires a vehicle for which a certificate of destruction has been issued shall not be required to apply for or acquire a permit to dismantle. The certificate of destruction itself shall be sufficient for the vehicle to be dismantled, crushed, or scrapped by a person licensed under Chapter 4-A of this Title.

(2) When the water-damaged vehicle has been crushed or scrapped as provided above, the owner shall surrender the certificate of destruction to the office of motor vehicles with the word "recycled" written or stamped across its face, and no certificate of title of any type shall be issued again for such vehicle.

E. The Department of Public Safety and Corrections may adopt rules and regulations necessary to carry out the provisions of this Section.

F. Whoever violates any provision of this Section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall for each offense be punished by imprisonment of not more than six months or by fine not less than five hundred dollars nor more than five thousand dollars, or both.

Acts 2005, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 42, §1, eff. Dec. 6, 2005.