Cars For Sale / Wanted Post ALL Cars For Sale / WTB here except for HONDA and ACURA. No Parts or Honda/Acura Cars...

F.S. 1992 Volkswagen Jetta......

Old 11-01-2007, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F.S. 1992 Volkswagen Jetta......

Well a really good friend of mine is selling his 92 jetta, here is the email he sent to me so i can try to help him sell it, Also I'll add a few pictures below.....He's looking to get $1900 or best offer for it..... so let me know if you might know anyone interested.....Thanks....Heres a little about the car.....

"1992 VW jetta gl.1.8L 8V 5 speed, has a sunroof, does not leak. It is wired for an amp & subs. rca's, power ground and remote wires in trunk. 40 amp card fuse on power cable.It has the clarion deck but it needs a new cable to make the cd part work (75 bucks for the cable and the soldering). Ok. I put a NEW flywheel and clutch kit (pressureplate and di i think it was a Sachs kit. About 10k miles ago.I also put in the new updated clutch cable. It has a new fuel pump box, a new p/s reservior. the odometer is busted.easily over 250k miles, the speedo and tach work. I just put a new timing belt on it and a new alt belt. about 40 miles on both. the a/c works, not ice cold but it will keep you from sweating.(i have the old timing belt if it is needed, and the timing cover comes off easy, if it needs to be shown) the a/c converted to 134a refrigerant. It has a ABD big bore intake with a foam style filter. It has taylor race wires and bosch platinum+4 plugs. It sort of needs a valve job. when u start it up it does smoke for a second or 2 because the oil is leaking past the valve seats. last time i checked it, it had perfect compression, all the cylinders were within a pound or to. I think it was 170 psi. There is no cat on the car. it is welded with 2 1/4 pipe all the way back to the "muffler". I dont know what brand it is. It has the TSW 16 inch rims with yokohama as430 tires.205-40-16 there is about 5-10k left on the tires.. It has tokico struts and neuspeed race springs. It will need brakes soon. It has solid rotors on the front and drums in the back. the master cylinder reserivor needs new rubber bushings, right now it is tie strapped down tight and leaks just a little bit.( enough to put the brake light on about once a month). The car is hard to get into reverse, i think the linkage under the hood might need to be adjusted, the shifter is sloppy and could use a overhaul, vw sells the kit for about 60 bucks, i replaced the metal peice that holds the ball down, but it still is a bit sloppy. It has ultra white bulbs in the headlights. the left front turn signal needs a bulb. the clearcoat is bubbling on the rear deck lid. the left front window tilts a little when u roll it up. the drivers seat track has to be manually adjusted into position. the pass door needs something in the door latch to keep it in postion when opening and closing, i.e. if you shut it, it bounces back open. the dasboard has cracks in it. it has a pushbutton start. it has a radar dectector hardwired but the speaker for it dont work. it never runs hot. temp gauge works, fuel gauge works mostly, it is about 2 gallons off, if you let it hit reserve you will run out of gas. a new strut tower bar is included. it needs to get fabbed a little to get it on. I cant think of anything else."

$1900 OBO so bring on some offers.....send me a PM or email if you have any questions about the car.... Tonedef7279@msn.com This car does run strong, I actually was going to buy it for myself, but i got my bus instead

Old 12-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Banned

still got it??? interested PM me or call me at 8638993409-Dexter
Old 01-05-2008, 12:56 PM

up....