Cars For Sale / Wanted Post ALL Cars For Sale / WTB here except for HONDA and ACURA. No Parts or Honda/Acura Cars...

2005 FORD F250 xlt Super Duty....4dr extended cab long bed....on the TR cheap

Old 06-18-2008, 07:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 FORD F250 xlt Super Duty....4dr extended cab long bed....on the TR cheap

Would like to sell my 2005 F250 Super Duty Super Cab XLT long bed with the 5.4 3valve Triton V-8 and auto tranny. I tried to price it so that i don't have to deal with a lot of tire kickers and time wasters and also give someone else a good deal. The HOA were i live has a rule about vehicles blocking the side walks. Unfortunately, i'm now been targeted. My driveway isn't long enough to keep the truck from spilling over into the side walk. Since i don't need such a large truck i figure i'll just save myself the headache and down size.

The truck comes with a clean and clear FL title and currently has 272,xxx miles on it. Those miles will go up slightly as i still drive it occasionally. The truck is worth every penny i'm asking and much more. Straight clean body with an extra heavy duty custom bumper with grill guard. Even though that would normally set someone back 1,200 bucks i'll leave it with the truck for the new owner to enjoy. If you want you can swap it out for a stock one and make some money....i just don't have the time to bother with it. Although the hitch has been removed i left the junction hub in place. On top of the nice exterior there is a quality bed liner with bed caps. The tires on it are almost brand new off road oversized Coopers with a perfect spare. Oh, new battery, new rotors and pads, and fresh oil/filter(done about 50 miles ago). Does not burn oil, blow smoke, or anything of the kind. The suspension and steering are tight and without any issues. The underbody is in great shape with no rust or damage of any kind.

The interior is simple but clean. Has all the creature comforts but leather and carpet. Everything works as it should. Comes with power windows, power door locks, power mirrors, tilt wheel, cruise control, ice cold a/c, hot heat, standard radio and cd player. All 4 doors open and close as they should and the seats are all in good shape. Just some tiny wear on the drivers side outer bolster that i didn't even notice until today.

Just recently i discovered a very minor oil leak. Over the course of a few weeks there is only a 3-4 oil mark on my driveway. Took it to a local shop and they tracked it down to the gasket on the oil filter relocation arm/bracket. Apparently this is a common issue with the 5.4 through the Ford Mercury and Lincoln models that have this type oil cooler/relocation bracket. They had the part on hand and said it could be fixed for 200 bucks. Other than that the truck is in great shape.

How i came up with the price is i took listings from Ebay, KBB, and NADA. I tried to find an average of trade in values. Below you'll see what the sites had to say.

KBB.com

Trade in Private Party Value Retail

excellent....10,650 13,325 16,075

good.........9,725 12,220

fair.........8,030 10,760

NADA.com

Clean trade......12,150

Clean retail.....14,975

Now i know the miles will scare those that aren't familiar with a Ford truck. There is no need to be alarmed as the truck was well cared for and shows no signs of abuse, yet every indication of proper maintenance. This truck was used by a local petroleum company to cover the state of FL. Most of the miles are put on from the highway, so there is very little stop and go wear on it. Still, some will baulk at the miles. Therefore i'm willing to help ease your mind. For 8,500 i will have the gasket replaced thus fixing the leak, or you can deduct 200 bucks from the price and handle the ever so slight oil leak however you see fit. For 9,300 bucks i will include a low mileage engine(30K or less).
Willing to listen to serious offers. Make note, if you don't have a hand(s) full of cash in front of me then its not considered a serious offer. Be careful what you try to lowball on an already cheap price. If you wouldn't take it chances are i wont either. I would consider some of the following trades.........04+ Maxima, 04+ Titan, 04+ BMW 5 series, 05+ Passat, FD, 93+ supra, newish swapped lexus SC, I35, G35, 04+ M35/45, newer sport bikes, or just about anything that would have a real/actual value of that greater than the truck.