Cars For Sale / Wanted Post ALL Cars For Sale / WTB here except for HONDA and ACURA. No Parts or Honda/Acura Cars...

WTT: 1973 VW Super Beetle

Old 04-19-2009, 08:09 AM
smooth as its name.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTT: 1973 VW Super Beetle

I got the car back in October or so and haven't had any major problems with it. It leaks a little oil but that is very common for these cars. It is a '73 with a 1600 air-cooled flat 4 that was rebuilt about 10k miles ago by the previous owner. Transmission is a 4 spd manual.

Suspension is good and it's on brand new tires. The body is decent rust wise, theres a few spots where the paint is bubbling up but nothing real serious, there is a hole in the floorpan underneath the battery which is another common problem with these cars.

There is no headliner in the car but it comes with a brand new black vinyl one along with tons of extra parts. There are reciepts for all work done and parts bought. The sunroof works along with everything else in the car except for the heat (heater boxes were replaced with J tubes.)

The car is certainly not a bad project and I would love to keep it but just dont have the time\money\resources for it right now. Parts for these are extremely cheap. I can't sell it outright at the time unless I get another car lined up. I really need to trade it for something that I can drive back and fourth from Gainesville to Tampa, something like a civic/integra/crx/240sx/or small truck.

Sorry the pics aren't the greatest, I took them real quick with a camera phone. If you have any more questions, just ask. Thank You.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:27 PM
smooth as its name.

bump.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:34 PM

bump
Old 04-20-2009, 04:50 AM

i seen one like this the other day on the interstate halling ass going towards tampa from land o lakes if this was you dang son that thing is preety quick i allways wanted one of these but bump for you good luck on sale or trade bump