Cars For Sale / Wanted Post ALL Cars For Sale / WTB here except for HONDA and ACURA. No Parts or Honda/Acura Cars...

1995 Mazda RX-7 white w/Black leather

Old 05-26-2010, 06:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Mazda RX-7 white w/Black leather

1995 Mazda RX-7
117,xxx miles
Chaste White/ black leather interior
Touring Edition w/ sunroof and spoiler
Manual
This car was 100% stock (including original engine) when I bought it in 2006 with 95,000 miles.

Engine:

I was so happy to have found an unmolested car, yet I was afraid of the heat
these cars produce, especially in the Florida heat. I immediately installed a Pettit aluminum AST, a Fluidine Radiator, an SR motorsports airbox with K&N filters, and a heater wrapped header .I have an uninstalled 180 degree fan switch.

At 99,000 miles, I replaced the engine with a mazda reman that had about 12,000 miles on it. It showed good compression on both rotors. All boost, vacuum, and coolant lines were replaced also.

The car has received full- synthetic mobile 1 oil changes every 3k.

I replaced the stock turbos, and they are currently non- sequential.

New exhaust

Other Stuff: Greddy BOV
Pettit unlimited ECU
Greddy Turbo Timer (turns on and off, but does not work)
Auto meter Z- series gauges (boost, oil, and water temp)
Optima Red Top battery

Transmission:

The transmission had just been rebuilt before I bought the car @ 87,000.
I replaced the clutch with Pettit 11 lb. lightweight flywheel with new shifter assembly, an upgraded pressure plate, and an OEM disk.

Cosmetics:

I have installed new window regulators, new door handles, and after driving around like a pirate for a week, replaced both headlight covers.

The car is rolling on 18”x 8” Rays Engineering Volk Kuwagatas. They are super rare, extra light, and a major pain to keep clean. I installed “low dust” ceramic break pads to try and combat this. I also have 2 spare(brand new in box) 18” x 7.5” Kuwagatas. The front driver rim has 2 small scuffs from a stupid automatic carwash boot thing. The rear driver rim has rash.

About 2 years ago, I was at work when someone sideswiped my car in the parking lot, and ran. The scratch ran from 2” on my driver side door down the rear quarter panel, and a little bit of the rear rim. As picky as I am about my car, I would have no idea it was damaged. The repair shop did an excellent job. While in the shop, I had them repaint the front bumper b/c of rock chips, and repaint, remount, and re-gasket the spoiler.

I replaced the floor mats with high quality replacements that fit just like stock. “RX-7” is embroidered on them in white.

Stereo: MP3/CD Alpine Head Unit
Infinity Speakers and tweeters
5 channel Crossfire Amp (CFA 555)
10” Rockford Fosgate Sub

The bad:
The ABS light is on. I never really cared, so I didn’t replace it. I also know that a lot of owners eliminate this system altogether.

While I have taken excellent care of the car, all the paperwork I stored in my bin was destroyed by a leaking Pro Tech R fuel additive bottle that was also in the bin. It’s kind of oily. Even the papers that weren’t soiled were unreadable, as the oil washed the carbon imprint away. Many of my parts came from Pettit and/ or Ray Crowe and many were installed by my husband and I. Most work that required a mechanics skill and time was done by Derrik and Quinn at Holton Automotive here in Gainesville. Quinn was a Mazda Mechanic for 30 years specializing in rotary engines. They can vouch for the cars care, and I can probably get some records from them.

The leather seats have been sat in for 117,xxx miles and it shows. There is a small, cm wide, 1.5” tear along the seam of the inner side of the drivers seat. There is also a small eraser sized tear on the bolster down by the seat. There are lines and cracks, but no other tears.

If I were going to keep this car, personally, I would replace or recover the seats. I would buy a new turbo timer. The stock suspension rides like a dream, but I feel an upgraded suspension would lessen my wheel gap.

$13,500 OBO.

Email: samandmelissa@hotmail.com
Phone: 352-870-7403 txt or call

NO TRADES & NO LOW-BALLERS PLEASE

Old 05-26-2010, 06:50 AM
Function is my form.

Originally Posted by vg30deracer
The car has received full- synthetic mobile 1 oil changes every 3k.

That's a big No-No with rotaries.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by 240Cyanide
That's a big No-No with rotaries.
Diffrent schools of thought on that subject. The major tuners as well as the many mechanics I have talked to all say that the Mobile1 is perfectly acceptable and recommended for hot Florida temps. The major proponents to the "no full synthetic in rotorys" is the old school guys. The FA's, FB's and even the FC's to a lesser extent.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:03 AM
Function is my form.

this is true, im an old school guy, haha. thanks for clearing that up for me. glws

Old 05-26-2010, 07:20 AM
Not Mad

Glwts
Old 05-26-2010, 07:20 AM

Here is a quick follow up to the Synthetic v. Non-synthetic question.

Mazda vs. Synthetic Oil - RX7Club.com

Cliffs: Back when Full synthetic oils were first being produced they were not compatible with seals in any engine. Mazda recommended not using the Full Synthetic due to emissions concerns. The current Mazdaspeed manual recommends the use of full synthetic.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:22 AM
Not Mad

Next time use Royal Purple or AMSoil for your oil change if you haven't already. Not just any oil can go in these puppies regardless of what mechanic told you to use a full synthetic oil

Edit: Unless you are using Idemitsu Synthetic Rotary Engine Oil.

Last edited by CoRDiTe; 05-26-2010 at 07:24 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:29 AM

beautiful car! bump

Old 05-26-2010, 07:32 AM

just let me have the car ill take care of it. (:
Old 05-26-2010, 08:25 AM

Mobil 1 is great oil but full synthetic is not recommanded you should have no problem selling this car try craiglist.com