Drag Racing Don't like turns? Tech talk about drag racing and drag event discussions here

So how was it?

Old 01-14-2002, 06:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah you still have yet to answer my question what makes them think they are so mighty that they dont have to stand in line with everyone else. They arent any special cause they have a faster car. Make them wait in line like everyone else and all this would be settled. Thats the biggest complaint by alot of people.
Old 01-14-2002, 09:21 AM

Well there are few All wheel drive cars too does that mean that we can use the shorter line too? Its not a matter of how few they are it shouldnt matter how fast you are. I think it is a bunch of BS that just because there are only a couple of them and they are faster they get to have their own private line since we all pay teh same amount of money to run.
Old 01-14-2002, 11:27 AM
Craving Boost

Let me propose an analogy as to how many of us like AWDTSi feel.

race cars running and butting in line is to 1320
as
14+ second cars butting in line and running is to a regular race event.

Bottome line that WE are trying to get accross is that: 1320 was design for STREET cars to get people off the streets on the weekends. If race cars want to run they can push their cars in the lines to get to run just like the rest of us.

And if they are there to entertain then they need to post some times.
Old 01-14-2002, 04:02 PM

The kid removed his radiator cap because his car was overheating. This was after a run down the track. It didnt blow up...
Old 01-14-2002, 05:43 PM

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by tegpenis
ya i knew the kid...his name is chris. we rode there together with a group of friends. his radiator hose frayed and blew so it was smoking and when he popped the hood he thought all the pressure was gone so he opned the radiator cap and got 2nd degree burns on his face. he is in the intensive care burn unit for 3 days. it was a stupid mistake. i went to the hospital and they said that he will look normal again in about a month or two. did anyone remember that all-motor civic that ran a 12.20. that bitch was crazy.
Yeah...its my buddy Jasons...he had a few good races but some pressure on with the vette--at the end of the night he had a really good run with a tubbed pickup-I still cant believe how quick that is for a civic
Old 01-14-2002, 06:23 PM
Olde Skool DSM'r

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by FordMan
First it was keep the pro cars out then make them wait in the regular line and now it sounds like a cost issue. I am confused.

First it WAS keep the pro cars out but YOU said they have a right to be there because they too are out street racing. Well then they SHOULD wait in line with everyone else. What makes you fast enough to go to the front of the line? My car runs low 12s on radials. Faster than a lot of these pro cars that go to the front of the line because they were brought in on a trailer. (I drive mine) Also it is not a Cost issue AWDTSI was simply stating that WE pay as much as THEY do. We should ALL have to wait in line and watch the slow cars together. There shouldnt even be a need for an argument about what is a street car if everyone was treated the same. The Track is putting them under this pro name by giving them special treatment. It bullshit as far as Im concerned and I AM a track regular who has been there 2 times a week on average for the past 3 years.
Old 01-14-2002, 07:33 PM

Yeah that is my point exactly that he wasnt understanding. Its not a matter that they should pay more my point was that we all pay 8 dollars so we should all wait in the same line. I wouldnt even want them there if they were charged 20 dollars cause that money doesnt go through my hands at all so I would still have to wait just as long while these pro cars just jump ahead and run a couple times before we even get to run once. Give them there own slick night on tuesday and tell them to stay the hell away from the 1320 STREET Racing Event.

If these cars are supposedly street raced then they can be driven in the lines just like all the rest of them.