Drag Racing Don't like turns? Tech talk about drag racing and drag event discussions here

So how was it?

Old 01-12-2002, 07:41 AM
Nohatch2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

simply stated i didnt go was there anything worth seeing?

-Adam
Old 01-12-2002, 08:42 AM

Well you missed alot of rice put it that way. It was like strobe fest last night if you didnt have the strobes you felt out of place. Its the last one I will be going to until I get my car back someday and can actually run there.

You missed the pro street cars that were running too. It is getting to be ridiculous with this stuff how they let these pro street cars run brought on trailers and inside trailers with the blowers sticking out the top of the car with the whine. No water in the water box but it doesnt prevent the guys from pouring cups of water in the water box right before they run. Maybe its just me but I thought this was a street racing event sure I dont mind cars being brought on trailers as long as they are driven on the street once in a while like hspwrss but these gusy last night were obvious pro street cars minus the sponsor stickers. These guys would get a couple runs in before you would even make it one run.

Oh and you guys missed the kid who was airlifted out of the place. Did anyone know him or know how he is doing now? Hopefully he is alright.
Old 01-12-2002, 10:50 AM

Yeah--I heard something about a radiator blowing up in someones face (?) But I saw the chopper. Gotta agree with you on those Pro-Streets...thats why I came to 1320--to race STREET cars. No offense but they have their time and place too...But I do have one thing to say---GO SUPER TWINKIE!!!! That van was cool

It was a ricefest out there. I thought about bringing my riced-out eclipse next time just to stand by it and blend in a little better and having my girl drive the 5.0 that we run Weve got a few more things to do with he stang--I want it in the 11s then well start on the Eclipse.
Old 01-12-2002, 11:00 AM

Yeah thats what happened supposedly. Someone said he tried to open the radiator cap or something or was looking at a lone or something and it blew up in his face all over his face he was burned. Dont quote:14fe29ea31 me on any of this I dont know exactly how it happened thats just what someone said although I do know he got burned all over his face from the radiator somehow.

Yeah that van was pretty bad ass. Dont get me wrong I love watching those fast things run but not at a street racing event and if they are going to let them run then they should have to wait in the staging lanes on the same side everyone else is not be allowed to come from the other side and get to run a couple times before everyone else only runs once.
Old 01-12-2002, 11:44 AM
FR Pilot

WTF? How could it blow up.. And is anyone that dumb to remove their radiator cap right after a hard run down the track?
Old 01-12-2002, 01:04 PM
VW Guru

I have one request change the music! Put on 93.3 or something other than 98.7. Not everyone wants to hear that rap crap. I ended up leaving before 11p because of all the rice and bad music.
www.vdubnut.com
Old 01-12-2002, 03:40 PM

Well the pro street guys still went to the track before they started this 1320 so not allowing them at this event doesnt mean they are going to go anywhere. They have to run there cars somewhere and I dont see another 1/4 mile track around the corner. They can go to all the regular test and tunes. If they seek nightime action they can go thursday night. Its just my opinion that this was set up as a street racing event and every time the envelope gets pushed more and more. Wartch next time we will be seeing sponsored pro street cars.

And what high horse are those pro street guys on?? They think just because they are fast they dont have to wait in line with everyone else. Just because they dont feel like waiting in line they can just jump ahead? They talk about not like waiting for the 16 second cars to go well they take longer than 16 seconds with all their staging and burnout box shit. In my mind just because they are faster doesnt mean shit they should still have to wait in line just like everyone else.

There was a guy in a white mustang who was beating that yellow van but where was he lined up at??? Right in line where everyone else was where all the other fast cars should have been.

And as far as paying the bills I think they didnt pay jack last night compared to the amount of slower cars as they would say it did.

Old 01-12-2002, 09:21 PM
Craving Boost

I very highly doubt that a few of these cars are street raced. What makes me mad is that they are using it for a test and tune and thats not what the event is for. THEN they dont even post a time! If I have to wait an extra 2 min just because one of them wants to make a solo run I darn sure want to see what they run.

Next is the fact that those cars are extremely dangerous when they line up with street cars. I saw the white/blue/burgandy 2 door coupe with huge blower and no hood line up with a Bullitt (looked like) Mustang. When he took off he almost took out the 60 box and wound up going down the track over the middle line. Now I know he got out in front of the other car fast but he never tried to slow down to make sure he had control and could have taken out someone that was faster.

Bottom line. This is a STREET event. No water boxes no trailor queens and yet they have been there every time. Its getting old. If they are going to insist on running they should at least be made to show times.

Other than that...1320 was a blast. There were more people than Ive ever seen at an event before. But if you got there after 11 you probably only got 2 or maybe 3 runs in. This was the slowest moving night Ive seen too I believe. But it was nice to see so many people...even though I maybe saw 10 cars break 15.