Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Ford Warns Of Defective 4.6L Engines In 2001-2004 Models

Old 09-25-2003, 04:01 AM
The 6th Deadly Venom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wanted to make it clear that ford does not have a reliability problem. I sold my 98GT last year with alittle over 100,000 on the odo, last I heard the guy who bought put a supercharger on it. And there are plenty of 5.0 guys on here with more than 100,000.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:06 AM
I like beer.

Hmmm. My 5.0 GT had 115k miles with no problems when I traded it in for my Cobra. My Cobra now has around 75k on the clock with not one single engine problem. That's including 10 bottles ran through it before I sold my nitrous kit. My mom's Focus has been dead ass reliable since the day my mom drove it off the lot. Every car company has issues. Not one company is perfect. Not Ford, not GM, not Honda, not Nissan....no one.

I have seen some Honda Civics be the biggest turds ever built while others with no issues. Ask tampa99gt about his g/f's Civic and all the issues it has had. Hell my 1983 Toyota Corolla was more reliable than some Civics I have seen. I sold that car for $500 5 years with 200k on the clock and I still see that car to this day. Original motor at that. All this talk about Honda mastering the 4 cylinder and other car companies being more reliable is pure ignorance.

Reliability comes down to the owner as well. Unfortunately ever car company is going to have a few lemons in the group that can not be saved no matter what. People seem to leave out the Germans for some reason when debates like this come out. The Germans has always had a slight advantage when it comes to engineering. Look at Porsche and the products they produce. Damn near perfection. But like other car companies, problems arise aswell.

One more thing. I really wish some people would shut the fuck up and allow a TECH thread to take its course instead of coming in a forum and posting for the sole reason of starting shit. Grow up and get over yourselves Do it in Free 4 All or War Stories. Leave it the fuck out of the tech sections.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:46 AM
The 6th Deadly Venom

thats because they don't really make anything worth mentioning. Haha, just kidding man. Seriously though, even the new RX8 is getting some bad comments.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:55 AM
I like beer.

Originally posted by `92CXhatch
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EVERYTIME i see you, you are driving your moms car!!! WTF??? nothing wrong with the slobra im sure!!! RIGHT!!! im JFWY i dont want to get jumped again!!!
-Keith
p.s. notice in his naming of the companies that are not perfect he left out Mazda...
Driving a car with no tail pipes can get really old sometimes. The Focus is my luxury car.
Old 09-26-2003, 07:34 PM
Mechanical Engineer

Originally posted by FordMan
!

I posted this as a FYI for my mod motor friends not to start a debate about import vs. domestic reliability. We can start another thread about that.
We can start a whole damn forum on that. And Bmw has its problems too. Defective engines on M-3s. not too much fun. and if anyone disagrees, ask me why. its just too much typing for now.

I am going to bed.

Mechanical Engineer - Naval Surface Warfare Center PCD, Marine Corps. Counter IED Development

USF Formula and Baja racing Alumni/Consultant