Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

bought a '99 Cobra 2day.....

Old 12-01-2003, 07:27 AM
Sugar Daddy - Miami Bound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are way too many closed minded people in the world.... Nice addition Will, welcome to the official " I own a Camaro AND a Mustang" brotherhood, lol!

So does this mean the LS1 will be more of a toy? Or is that for the Cobra?
Old 12-01-2003, 03:51 PM
I like beer.

Originally posted by Force Fed 23
Well, losing weight over the rear end wouldn't be a priority (especially compared to the cost involved in a straight axle swap). Rear seat delete would be good, but it won't save a bunch of weight and I doubt Will is looking for that kind of direction.
Actually SN95 rear seats are kinda heavy. With the rear seat belts and back seats taken out of my car I saved damn near 50 lbs. The rear seats are held in by a huge metal bracket which accounts for most of the weight savings.
Old 12-01-2003, 07:35 PM

His IRS is perfectly fine. There is no point for him swaping to a solid axle for the type of "fun" he has with the car. 3:73's would go excellent with your car. What springs are you going with? 18" wheels will be nice especially with some DR's stuck on the back 2. Not sure what route you are going with your car. But Modular motors love the gear. So even going to a 4:10 wouldn't be that bad. How are you liking that Tri-Ax?

"Gripping the wheel his knuckles went white with desire, the wheels of his mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45. True death. 400 horsepower of maximum performance piercing the night, this is Black Sunshine"
Old 12-02-2003, 01:21 AM
boostmonkey

With the 3.73's he wouldn't be able to pull 5th. Knowing Will, he might want the extra top end that 4.10's would provide. Being able to pull 5th is always fun.