Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Mustang = Sport Compact?

Old 03-05-2004, 05:52 AM
Big Daddy!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scion Xbox is a tiny little thing. I was next to one on 19 the other day. Never thought my ZX2 was good size but next to this so called Van, it was hehehe....
Old 03-05-2004, 06:30 AM
whoopdy fucking do!

i'n my eyes there is no such thing as a sport compact.......

you have a sports car or a compact car.........

the true sports cars from japan are just as big if not bigger than their american PONY cars........ muscle cars are long dead...... look at a mustang and a supra, supra is a bigger car.........

and as far as compact cars go, none of them are sports cars because they are weak and FWD and very small ........

so sport compact is another word for RICE...........
Old 03-05-2004, 07:14 AM
drives euro trash

Originally posted by stangerang
i'n my eyes there is no such thing as a sport compact.......

you have a sports car or a compact car.........

the true sports cars from japan are just as big if not bigger than their american PONY cars........ muscle cars are long dead...... look at a mustang and a supra, supra is a bigger car.........

and as far as compact cars go, none of them are sports cars because they are weak and FWD and very small ........

so sport compact is another word for RICE...........
I have a hard time calling a SRT4 "weak". Granted it isn't my cup of tea, but that is one fast little "sport compact".
Old 03-05-2004, 08:27 AM
whoopdy fucking do!

how is an srt 4 a sport compact? they arent even that small of a car........

i mean, are we going by size here? or weight? or what? because last time i looked most civics/neopns whatever were the same size as mustangs and camaros..... maybe like 4" shorter or something.......

so what makes the car a compact? and if it is size why arent mustangs and such sport compacts then???????
or better yet, why not use the original term pony car, and call civics and stuff pony cars.......

see the stang camaro were the "sport compacts" of their day, they were the smaller more nimble mini muscle cars.....

but back to the point, what makes a car a compact???? weight? size? motor size? drivline config ? what ... i want to know.....
Old 03-05-2004, 08:35 AM
Ricer In Training

You just scrolled down my post without even reading it, didn't you?

The automotive industry has created a standard system of ranking cars , by INTERIOR VOLUME and not by outside measurements. Thus a long and big ass car such as a F-body, qualifies as a subcompact b/c of the cramped interior and little head/leg/shoulder room.

The swapped hatch hotness

Slow Five-Oh Rustang
Old 03-05-2004, 09:09 AM
brings his heater.

get a maverick with a 302 thats a sports compact, the origional window stickers list it as a compact car
Old 03-05-2004, 09:15 AM
drives euro trash

This whole label was a more recent phenomenon with the advent of the Civic Si and other little FWD "pocket rockets" out of Japan. Maybe its just me, but when I think of "sport compacts", I think of FWD cars usually associated as being an econo car, but with a bit more power or handling performance over the base model.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:24 AM
whoopdy fucking do!

yeah, i think most cars would be considered a sport compact by def.

i mean, if interior volume is it, hell i'm gonna buy a bus and fill it with foam and then i'll have a sport compact !

i just dont understand how a civic can be a sport compact but a mustang couldn't , the cars have the same damn overall size......
Old 03-05-2004, 09:27 AM
whoopdy fucking do!

so now we have determined what a compact is.........

now we must search for the sport..........

what makes a car SPORTY.......

if your talking a mustang its the V8 option.......... if your talking corolla its the cool 1/4" S sticker on the back.........