Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Control arm questions...

Old 04-30-2004, 07:25 PM
|-Resident LT1 Killer-|

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Control arm questions...

Would you reccomend just getting new bushings or the whole shabang such as the bushings and new control arms all together?

I took my car in today and had inner tie rods done cause I have no jack and didn't feel like dealing with em so I had Big John in downtown St.Pete do my car cause he treats us with nothing but the best service each time so we always try to go there. I got a new bushing installed in on the left side of my sway bar because that one started to rot and fell off and was clinkin around a bit so they installed a new 1 free of charge(no more clank!) ha...

Well I cant remember whether its lower or upper control arms but I know my axle loves play and free range of motion so if that tells you upper or lower, let me know cause I am unsure which holds tension on the axle itself.

And what is the normal price range for a good kit of both just bushings and the bushings and arms together?
Anyone have some used 1's I can buy ?

Chris
Old 05-01-2004, 11:32 AM
Obama is a douchebag

there are name brand sets on ebay reasonably priced. My rear did the same thing, and my oval front bushings in the lowers needed replaced.
Old 05-01-2004, 12:39 PM
|-Resident LT1 Killer-|

Is it upper or lowers than control the axle though?I need to know and cant remember which it is..
Chris
Old 05-01-2004, 11:51 PM
|-Resident LT1 Killer-|

This many reviews and no one here in this forum knows?Come on now...

I need info and no one can help out with this question?
Old 05-02-2004, 12:21 AM
HH-60G CREW CHIEF

Get a full set of uppers and lowers. Maximum Motorsports, HPM Megabite Jrs. (which I have), and the UPRs are highly regarded. Also, do the torque box reinforcements. Even in stock trim the torque boxes can rip from the body from a lot of abuse or over time. I'm using Granatelli adjustable uppers on mine which I got from Muscle Motors on Ebay. Torque Boxes FIRST DAMNIT!!

Old 05-02-2004, 10:45 AM
|-Resident LT1 Killer-|

Originally posted by HELMUT RONER
Get a full set of uppers and lowers. Maximum Motorsports, HPM Megabite Jrs. (which I have), and the UPRs are highly regarded. Also, do the torque box reinforcements. Even in stock trim the torque boxes can rip from the body from a lot of abuse or over time. I'm using Granatelli adjustable uppers on mine which I got from Muscle Motors on Ebay. Torque Boxes FIRST DAMNIT!!
Well right now this is a daily driver and has nothing to do with drag racing at all so putting new ones in will last me till the end of time or until I am ready to take on my 331 project later down the road, alot later.

I guess no one can tell me which ones, out of upper and lower hold my axle from moving around as its doing now? I am only buying 1 set if any right now cause money is tight and I just want to get that axle to sit still cause its a pain to feel it now because I just got 2 tie rods and that alignment and damn,I feel every single little movement outa that rearend now that I never felt before.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:39 AM
The little 5.0 that could

If you were to just get one set, I would get just lowers chris.
Old 05-02-2004, 12:13 PM
|-Resident LT1 Killer-|

ok cool.Sounds good and I guess I might be looking at some prices now..

Thanks
Chris