General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Enjoy it while it lasts

Old 10-26-2003, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enjoy it while it lasts

I just spoke to my engine builder, i'm picking up my motor this coming weekend, i'll be making a road trip up north, can't bloody wait.

So, all you hard core racers, enjoy your times at the top of the hill, cos soon, there will be a new sheriff in town

(That's if the lifters hold up)

Now seriously, i am so anxious to get this car back on the road & start visiting the drag strip again, haven't run the 1/4 mile for over 1 year, do very much so miss it. Hopefully i can get it all back on the road just in time for the Turkey Rod show out in Daytona beach, hell, i need to raise some funds for all this engine work i've had done, i'm bout tapped out!

Limey.
Old 10-26-2003, 06:10 PM

What times do you expect to run?

And also what kind of engine is it??
Old 10-26-2003, 09:51 PM

Good news you getting her back on the road.

Bad news for the rest of us oh well it was fun while it lasted.Maybe one day I'll have something for you
Old 10-27-2003, 02:45 AM
Team Geritol Racing

Default Re: Enjoy it while it lasts

Originally posted by limey

So, all you hard core racers, enjoy your times at the top of the hill, cos soon, there will be a new sheriff in town

I just love it when you talk with a western accent, Kurt!

Glad to hear it. Will be good to see he beast out again.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:43 AM
single and ready to mingl

Default Re: Enjoy it while it lasts

Originally posted by limey
I just spoke to my engine builder, i'm picking up my motor this coming weekend, i'll be making a road trip up north, can't bloody wait.

(That's if the lifters hold up)

Now seriously, i am so anxious to get this car back on the road & start visiting the drag strip again, haven't run the 1/4 mile for over 1 year, do very much so miss it. Hopefully i can get it all back on the road just in time for the Turkey Rod show out in Daytona beach, hell, i need to raise some funds for all this engine work i've had done, i'm bout tapped out!

Limey.
what is the turkey rod show? i might head out to daytona if its something worth watching. i looked up the turkey run, and it talks about slow drags and flame throwers and some other stuff. so what exactly is it?
Old 10-27-2003, 09:03 AM
What can Brown do for you

Yup, just a bunch of old cars and fogies....nothing to see there.