General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

2005 Chevelle with LS1

Old 02-16-2004, 03:25 AM
The Happy Mrs.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by TheShow50h
Yeah, I think if they just reproduced a 70 chevelle SS with an LS1 and modern gadgets it would be a hit ...........
+99999999999.9

Why do they keep trying to bring back the old classics that do not even resemble them other than for the name. I agree, reproduce the old body stlyes and put the modern ammenities in, a bad ass drive train and see what a hit they are imo. They were so popular for a reason.

And yes I agree, it looks like an angry kitchen appliance that got hit w/ the ugly stick. Even w/ the photoshpop changes, they would have to be pretty drastic to change my mind.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:00 AM
Banned

Not impressed with the looks!
Old 02-16-2004, 01:54 PM

That four door looks too much like a Catera though. I did see one of the new GTO's at an auction a few weeks ago, didn't look like a bad car, sounded pretty good for a factory exhaust too.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:05 AM
Livin' Large

When the new LT1 z-28's came out in '93, everybody said they looked like Geo storms on steroids, now this looks like a cavalier on steroids I think they will eventually grow on people, but I agree that maybe a different name is in order. These things will never be a Chevelle SS. And the Pontiac version will never be a GTO. Maybe GM should just let go of that era. They keep bringing back names to try to steal the nostalgia from Ford, but what they fail to see (at least publicly) is that Ford never quit making Mustangs, and they only dropped the Thunderbird to design a new one for release a few years later. Hey, at least they are trying, but as long as I can buy a used C-5 for less than one of these new muscle cars, I won't be driving a GTO, or a Chevelle SS. Bottom line is, I think some execs at GM are banging their heads on the wall for axing the Z-28/Trans-am, and this is the cheapest way to replace them for now.

On a side note, I think I have a LT1 with computer and harness lined up for my wifes '71 Chevelle :o We'll do it, if GM can't/won't!!
Old 02-17-2004, 05:52 AM
N2O Lover

used C-5 for less than one of these new muscle cars
Just FYI: I think people are finding an LS1 with C5 heads work about as well and is a few grand cheaper in the long run.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:47 AM
Livin' Large

Originally posted by DebianDog
Just FYI: I think people are finding an LS1 with C5 heads work about as well and is a few grand cheaper in the long run.
A C-5 is an LS-1, I think you are thinking of a Z-06 LS-6. Either way, that wasn't my point, my point is that you can pick up a used C-5 Vette for less than you can buy a new GTO or Chevelle SS, and I'd rather have the Vette. Everybody drives a used car, so why pay all that money for less of a car?