General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Jeff Gordon Sux

Old 07-05-2004, 10:59 AM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10
Obviously you're not an oval or road racer. Stick to the dragstrip.
Nah, not really. I'd rather do more realistic stuff or something like AutoXing. Road racer maybe, it just kinda bothers me that theres a fastest way to go around a ovular track, aka apex and if you arent in the apex, then you arent going as fast as you could.

Anyways yeah, I like highway racing, maybe a little AutoX here and there, and drag. Dragging is just the big thing nowadays with half the youth, the ones not into drifting and 240SX/SR20 swaps.

Originally posted by herrcomestrouble
racing isnt about having equal rules. It is who can do what to make their car faster than everyone else... Its total bullshit these days. If everything was stock... there would be no chevys winning period.
thats what I was trying to get to earlier. Removed sig gif btw.

ASE: Brakes
Yea..that very well could have been the most retarded idea I've ever heard, but .. do it anyway. -TheShow50h
Old 07-05-2004, 11:02 AM
Non DSM.....DSM guy

racing isnt about having equal rules. It is who can do what to make their car faster than everyone else... Its total bullshit these days. If everything was stock... there would be no chevys winning period. They are about 3mph slower than any other make, Because they fail to R&D.. so to make it fair... and good entertainment Nascar mandates diiff rules for diff makes of cars. I state again the only reason gordo.. or Jr or jimmy johnson win.. are because Nascar changes the rules to make them fast...

Did you just say if everything was stock.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:15 PM

yes.... its kinda obvious your not clear about the rule book in nascar. There are diff clearances for diff makes.. if all the cars were stock.. there would be no race at all... afterall it is "stock car racing"... well thats what it started out as... Now if you go to a superspeed way ford has to have 1 set of rules.. and chevys have a diff set.. and then the dodges have yet another set.. if they all went by the same rules... nascar would be so boring not 1 would watch, and no money would be made.... If you want to watch racing.. go to a local sat night dirt track or somthing....

Sn95' Tripple Black Cobra
Mods:Heads/Cam/Intake/Exhaust...just your typical stock mustang...
Old 07-05-2004, 12:27 PM
Non DSM.....DSM guy

yes.... its kinda obvious your not clear about the rule book in nascar. There are diff clearances for diff makes.. if all the cars were stock.. there would be no race at all... afterall it is "stock car racing"... well thats what it started out as... Now if you go to a superspeed way ford has to have 1 set of rules.. and chevys have a diff set.. and then the dodges have yet another set.. if they all went by the same rules... nascar would be so boring not 1 would watch, and no money would be made.... If you want to watch racing.. go to a local sat night dirt track or somthing....

I understand the rules completely. It was just funny to hear yoiu talk about the cars beeing stock. There is not one stock thing about them. And beeing as the bodies are different there would have to be different stardards to keep the field on even ground.
sinse 1980 Chevy has won 14 championships and Ford has won 4. So why is it now that ford would win all the races.
Old 07-05-2004, 01:22 PM
Daddy-O

NASCAR takes a lot more skill than most on this board could fathom. All rules aren't going to be set exact for each car because they are running different body styles, the motor specs are pretty much the same as are anything that doesn't have to do with the aero package...
I tire of those who say "what's so hard about doing 180 and turning left?" Well do that with 41 other drivers and cars within inches of either fender/doors. As for highway racing, what's the purpose? Banzai speed runs in traffic?
Old 07-05-2004, 01:28 PM
The little 5.0 that could

Originally posted by Strokd85
NASCAR takes a lot more skill than most on this board could fathom. All rules aren't going to be set exact for each car because they are running different body styles, the motor specs are pretty much the same as are anything that doesn't have to do with the aero package...
I tire of those who say "what's so hard about doing 180 and turning left?" Well do that with 41 other drivers and cars within inches of either fender/doors. As for highway racing, what's the purpose? Banzai speed runs in traffic?
+1
Old 07-05-2004, 01:48 PM
Driver

racing isnt about having equal rules. It is who can do what to make their car faster than everyone else... Its total bullshit these days. If everything was stock... there would be no chevys winning period. They are about 3mph slower than any other make, Because they fail to R&D.. so to make it fair... and good entertainment Nascar mandates diiff rules for diff makes of cars. I state again the only reason gordo.. or Jr or jimmy johnson win.. are because Nascar changes the rules to make them fast...
if that were true there would only be one make on the track.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:12 PM
Voice of Reason

there's no doubt that Jeff Gordon can drive.....however, if i ever see him I will gladly lose my foot in his faggot ass without hesitation.....I hate that cock sucker

Assemblage 23
Negative Format

I'll work to elevate you, just enough to bring you down.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:15 PM
Non DSM.....DSM guy

Originally posted by Topless 95 T/A
there's no doubt that Jeff Gordon can drive.....however, if i ever see him I will gladly lose my foot in his faggot ass without hesitation.....I hate that cock sucker

i dont understand how some people can have such hatred towards someone who has no beering in there life and whom they probably have never met and dont even know.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:28 PM
Sexist

Derek nails it again.

You guys should do the DriveTech.com school at USA Speedway in Lakeland. You really get a feel for how much stock cars grip. Talk about fun! Cost about $300 but it's better than the Richard Petty Experience and better than the Buck Baker School in Atlanta.

Tell your significant other(s) it would be a great birthday gift.