General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Jeff Gordon Sux

Old 07-05-2004, 03:29 PM
It is gone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"everyone hates jeff gordon, because he enunciates!!" "see real NASCAR fans want an interview with a driver where they dont know what the hell they are talking about"

from the blue collar comedy tour (jeff foxworthy)
Old 07-05-2004, 03:49 PM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

I laughed at that, then laughed harder after watching a race once (Toyota's first, actually) and found out how true it really was

ASE: Brakes
Yea..that very well could have been the most retarded idea I've ever heard, but .. do it anyway. -TheShow50h
Old 07-05-2004, 09:16 PM

Originally posted by Orion ZyGarian
Just bring WRC over here, I dont know what I'm missing.
oh hell yea man, rally is the shit and i get pissed that all i see on tv is nascar, then they have a 30 minute show on WRC like once a week were they just show highlights, ubergay if you ask me.

and nascar is ok, well atleast the road races they do, im not a big fan of oval racing though
Old 07-05-2004, 09:26 PM
IM THE NEW F-T-W CHAMP!

try being a f-1 fan.
Evldereckx2 [5:48 PM]: hey if u hook it up with a fatty thats a good excuse to get a sr lol
Ag04 [5:49 PM]: lmao
Ag04 [5:50 PM]: "but daaaaaad.... I need those cams, injectors, and dyno tuning to still get a 12 sec 1/4 with my 250lb g/f in the car!!!

heres your sign!!!! http://www.myspaceisgay.com/
Old 07-06-2004, 10:30 AM
Livin' Large

Originally posted by TRIPLE G
And being as the bodies are different there would have to be different stardards to keep the field on even ground.
Last year my wife and I went to The Winston and toured a number of the "shops" (multi-million dollar facilities), in talking to some of the people, we learned that there are 12 body templates that are IDENTICAL for chevy and ford. The bodies really aren't that different. Gone are the days of racing real RWD cars such as the Monte Carlo, T-Bird, and Grand Prix that even used factory windshields and 1/4 glass. Now there isn't one thing stock about them. As far as the whole Gordon sucking and Junior being overrated issue, Gordon obviously is a very talented driver, but I was at the race Saturday, and that was Junior's race. I didn't see gordon make one single pass without help, but I watched Junior pull it off quite a few times Sure helped Gordon to have Johnson behind him in the final laps and Bush wouldn't help at all. If Bush would have helped, it would have been junior 1st, Bush 2nd, then Gordon and Johnson. It was even brought up in interviews afterward that Bush was helping Gordon. Do I dare mention Gordon's teamate running Junior into the grass and water coming out of the pits? Junior overcame every set back and still finished 3rd, there is no question in my mind who was the fastest car/driver on the track, sometimes shit just doesn't go your way.

Last edited by BigBadBuick; 07-06-2004 at 10:49 AM.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:35 AM

i hate gordon, although my favorites are the roush team and dale jarrett. I was going for dale jr. Everyone around me in daytona was booing gordon
Old 07-06-2004, 12:11 PM
Voice of Reason

Originally posted by TRIPLE G
i dont understand how some people can have such hatred towards someone who has no beering in there life and whom they probably have never met and dont even know.
I hate you too just for saying that

Assemblage 23
Negative Format

I'll work to elevate you, just enough to bring you down.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:44 PM
Livin' Large

Originally posted by focus0frenzy1
i hate gordon, although my favorites are the roush team and dale jarrett. I was going for dale jr. Everyone around me in daytona was booing gordon
I like Tony Stewart because he still displays an old school driver's attitude, not all this PC shit, aren't to many drivers swinging on others anymore I like Junior as well, I don't feel he is/was overrated, I just think everyone expected him to fill his dad's shoes, and that's alot to ask of anyone, he's proving himself to be a great driver on his own with or without the name. I'd say hate is a strong word to use with Gordon, so I'll just say I don't care for him

Last edited by BigBadBuick; 07-06-2004 at 12:50 PM.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:48 PM
Livin' Large

Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10
Derek nails it again.

You guys should do the DriveTech.com school at USA Speedway in Lakeland. You really get a feel for how much stock cars grip. Talk about fun! Cost about $300 but it's better than the Richard Petty Experience and better than the Buck Baker School in Atlanta.

Tell your significant other(s) it would be a great birthday gift.
Shit, she'll tell me it would make a great gift for her I would like to go, we did the Petty deal at Daytona, which is a blast, but this sounds even better. I guess it will cost me $600 to go though
Old 07-06-2004, 12:51 PM
Regulator

might have to check into this

USA Int'l Raceway

6 laps $395
24 laps $695
40/50 laps $995
65/75 laps $1,195
100 laps $2,195

http://drivetech.com/

(Yes it is a LT1 in a '99)