General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

How much have you spent on being F&F?

Old 09-14-2004 | 06:26 PM
stock :-\

oops ya i had to do the starter too. Also the same thing applies to me what Theshow went thro. Bought it the day i turned 16. learned to drive stick, launch and drive all on this car. I think it was worth it i Love my 5.0.. ive been getting 14-15 mpg its not to bad.
Old 09-14-2004 | 06:30 PM
The little 5.0 that could

Originally posted by vip18971
Everythign I've EVER ehard about the T5 has been bad. Horribly bad. I want an auto..I test drove a manual and the tranny was shot to hell...completly wrecked, slipping, grinding, making other noises I'd rather not talk about - this was a 1993.
Well, mine lasted 2 years and 20k miles with numerous powershifts and 4500rpm side steps on slicks. Some of them hold up pretty well. My synchros are still fine in fact, it's just the bearings. If I pulled it out had a rebuild kit put on it then it would be good to go for who knows how long.
Old 09-14-2004 | 06:33 PM
Hi Hi Hi?

ive owned 4 cars in 3 years.....spent approx. $20k on them in that time. 19 years old. w00t! still own 3 now lol. pretty sad id say....

98 Camry w00t! (daily ride)
91' Eclipse GS-t (she's alive!!)
AOL IM: usfbull49

Originally Posted by Frankie
When a jelly fish comes out of my ass, I'll take pics.
Old 09-14-2004 | 06:34 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally posted by TheShow50h
Well, mine lasted 2 years and 20k miles with numerous powershifts and 4500rpm side steps on slicks. Some of them hold up pretty well. My synchros are still fine in fact, it's just the bearings. If I pulled it out had a rebuild kit put on it then it would be good to go for who knows how long.
See, I can't be dealing with having to rebuild a tranny in 20k miles, although I hope not to be harsh on...-yeah, on second thought I'll kick the everloving shit out of that tranny if its a manual. See, my budget is still small, I'm currently switching from unskilled labor (Dairy Queen) to semi-skilled labor (Grease Monkey)..so money is in no huge supply. That means if I blow a T5 on the car I need to get to work, I can't shell out 700 bucks right away for a rebuild, and I'm taking the bus to work.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 09-14-2004 | 06:35 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally posted by Rdline1
ive owned 4 cars in 3 years.....spent approx. $20k on them in that time. 19 years old. w00t! still own 3 now lol. pretty sad id say....
I'll buy some of the drugs you sell to finance that.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Old 09-14-2004 | 06:36 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Moving to GCC.
Old 09-14-2004 | 06:39 PM
The little 5.0 that could

Originally posted by vip18971
See, I can't be dealing with having to rebuild a tranny in 20k miles, although I hope not to be harsh on...-yeah, on second thought I'll kick the everloving shit out of that tranny if its a manual. See, my budget is still small, I'm currently switching from unskilled labor (Dairy Queen) to semi-skilled labor (Grease Monkey)..so money is in no huge supply. That means if I blow a T5 on the car I need to get to work, I can't shell out 700 bucks right away for a rebuild, and I'm taking the bus to work.
It hasn't broke yet.

If you expect a car with 100k on it to have the engine and tranny last more than 20k miles after purchase, I think your expectations are a little high. Although 5.0 engines go 160k+.
Old 09-14-2004 | 06:45 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally posted by TheShow50h
It hasn't broke yet.

If you expect a car with 100k on it to have the engine and tranny last more than 20k miles after purchase, I think your expectations are a little high. Although 5.0 engines go 160k+.
The bird has 131k on it by now, and still running like a heavy, underpowered champ - which I'm impressed by, too, those cars suck the big one. But how much might I be looking at with a 5.0 in regular maitenance and gas? Thats part of the reason I started the post

Old 09-14-2004 | 07:07 PM

enough buying the car 4gs for the swap including install 250 for the chip and install intake 320 ebay 150 m3 exhaust still need suspension ...bad...ok really bad......god knows how much on tickets but this is like my 5th car...