General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

How much have you spent on being F&F?

Old 09-14-2004 | 06:01 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Default How much have you spent on being F&F?

Probably been done before, but how much has everyone spent on their racing hobby/obsession? Street, track, tickets, cars, everything that you can remember. Lets see something like this:

I've racked up about 600 dollars in tickets, 3k on a car that turned out to be a slow POS, and spent about 20 bucks on chrome hubcaps and LED washer lights back in my...uhh...earlier days. On the flipside, I'm not even 18 yet, only spend about 80 a month on gas, and have a car slow enough that its very hard for me to lose control of it.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 09-14-2004 | 06:04 PM

Default Re: How much have you spent on being F&F?

Originally posted by vip18971
Probably been done before, but how much has everyone spent on their racing hobby/obsession? Street, track, tickets, cars, everything that you can remember. Lets see something like this:

I've racked up about 600 dollars in tickets, 3k on a car that turned out to be a slow POS, and spent about 20 bucks on chrome hubcaps and LED washer lights back in my...uhh...earlier days. On the flipside, I'm not even 18 yet, only spend about 80 a month on gas, and have a car slow enough that its very hard for me to lose control of it.

I don't keep track of what I spend on what I like to do
Old 09-14-2004 | 06:06 PM
engine building &best

+1 i dont keep track of what i spend to make my car run like i want and look how i want

175+served in engines built from minime to gsr/lsvtec,b16 b20vtec,d15 k24 powerhouses or just rebuilds.life is good
i like when people don't take my advice.cause then i make more money when u need it rebuild the right way!

how many speed holes do i need in my bumper,b4 i can run 15's?
Old 09-14-2004 | 06:07 PM
The little 5.0 that could

ummm .. $5,000? Damn I love 5.0's.

edit: I havn't spent any money on being "furious."

Now I know someone on here will mention the vanilla ice wing, it was on the car when I bought it.

Last edited by TheShow50h; 09-14-2004 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-14-2004 | 06:10 PM
stock :-\

2grand + the car. I love having to pull the heads twice in 3 weeks
Old 09-14-2004 | 06:12 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally posted by TheShow50h
ummm .. $5,000? Damn I love 5.0's.

edit: I havn't spent any money on being "furious."

Now I know someone on here will mention the vanilla ice wing, it was on the car when I bought it.
Damn, I hate everyone who owns a 5.0 while I don't. I want one so badly, but I'm not prepared to break down all the time in that old late 80s Ford Donkey - and I don't have 5k to spend on an early 90s car in beautiful shape.

To the others, you should keep track, if for the sake of just knowing where your money went. That's just my opinion, to each his own.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Old 09-14-2004 | 06:20 PM
The little 5.0 that could

Originally posted by vip18971
Damn, I hate everyone who owns a 5.0 while I don't. I want one so badly, but I'm not prepared to break down all the time in that old late 80s Ford Donkey - and I don't have 5k to spend on an early 90s car in beautiful shape.

To the others, you should keep track, if for the sake of just knowing where your money went. That's just my opinion, to each his own.
Well I paid $3,200 for mine 2 years ago. I've replaced an alternator and starter in the 2 years I've owned it. Keep in mind this car was suffering from being my first car, I learned to drive on it, I learned to race with it ... everything. It has held up beautifully. I'm finally putting some power to it now so the tranny is starting to go out, but that is to be as expected with a car that has 120k+ miles on it with more power than stock and a lot of trips to the track on slicks or drag radials.
Old 09-14-2004 | 06:23 PM

Its not so much that they break down "alot". Only thing that broke by itself on my car was the brake booster. all the other shit i had to fix i buffed up and went the extra mile, thats why it up to 2 grand in 5 months Btw had to pull the heads after both time ive been to the track so if u dont beat on them they dont break down as much as people think.
Old 09-14-2004 | 06:23 PM

Its not so much that they break down "alot". Only thing that broke by itself on my car was the brake booster. all the other shit i had to fix i buffed up and went the extra mile, thats why it up to 2 grand in 5 months Btw had to pull the heads after both time ive been to the track so if u dont beat on them they dont break down as much as people think.
Old 09-14-2004 | 06:26 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Hrrm, I see. Now the only thing keeping me from getting 1 car and 1 car alone (A Fox Body) is the premium gas guzzled by the 5.0 engine...

Edit:

Everythign I've EVER ehard about the T5 has been bad. Horribly bad. I want an auto..I test drove a manual and the tranny was shot to hell...completly wrecked, slipping, grinding, making other noises I'd rather not talk about - this was a 1993.

Last edited by BAMF; 09-14-2004 at 06:28 PM.