General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Mitsubishi Evolution IX (spy shots)

Old 10-28-2004, 11:51 AM
stanglvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok so if a civic has nice seats your gonna praise it?
Old 10-28-2004, 12:31 PM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

Originally posted by flubyux2

i dont know why people still buy new cars... just money pits. why? so you can be the first person to drive it or back it off the transporter? F-that noise... buy a 2-3 yr old car after its been severely depreciated, still has low miles and relatively unbeaten... its a steal-and-a-half... look at the 03 cobras and Z06's that are being put up for sale; you can buy a slightly-used Z06 or cobra for the same price as a new Evo, or LESS... and annihilate the 4 door saloons on the Auto-X.
I have to agree..I'd only buy a car new if I had enough money to whipe my ass with it. Cars depreciate so much after driving them off the lot...

...plus I dont like how easy it is to void warranties. Wait a few years for the engineers to work out the bugs and such, and you should be fine, its more doubtful that something would break.

ASE: Brakes
Yea..that very well could have been the most retarded idea I've ever heard, but .. do it anyway. -TheShow50h
Old 10-28-2004, 12:57 PM
Omnipotence

Originally posted by gangstasurfin
ok so if a civic has nice seats your gonna praise it?
Does a civic run 13 flat stock? Come with All wheel drive? Full leather recaro seats? Liquid injected front mount intercooler? Only 281bhp stock form at 14lbs of boost and easily capable of 30lbs of boost in stock form. Does a civic come with a block that can runs 9s with only internal upgrades? Does a civic come with wheels that are lighter then TE37s? And also one of the most advanced LSD's available in a car these days? No I didn't think so. So unless you actually know a little bit about what you are talking about, you're just another moron behind a keyboard who doesn't know shit about what he is saying.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:11 PM
stanglvr

is everything about stats and brands to you, shut the fuck up, im trying to say for the money they are asking for the car they needed to do something to make it appealing interior wise alright!
Old 10-28-2004, 01:33 PM
TRs Iron Chef & Party God

Originally posted by Shickedance
When it happens to a whole shit load of people...then its a shitty built tranny. Im sure the STI is built better but still, the wrx trannys are dog poo.
i know of several wrx's from the mid 12's to the low 9's still on stock trannys but you're right there are lots of cars on stock transmissions that can stand up to that abuse.

Saggleman: cause lord knows theres nothing i love more than swallowing condoms full of cocaine

Last edited by BodyRollin'; 10-28-2004 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:39 PM
Omnipotence

Originally posted by gangstasurfin
is everything about stats and brands to you, shut the fuck up, im trying to say for the money they are asking for the car they needed to do something to make it appealing interior wise alright!
Considering this is a RACING message board yes everything is about stats to me. This isn't tampa "see how slow but yet how good your car looks on the outside" racing is it?

I think you're just mad cause it would be faster then you car.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:45 AM

i dont like the color but very nice
Old 10-29-2004, 11:21 AM
1337 H4x0r

Lot's of hating on here for the EVO being one of the most amazing cars available in North America for under $70k. Drive one and try to find another car that puts the same smile on your face. (STi aside)

If the EVO was only available in Japan everyone on here would drooling over it complaining that JDM gets the hot stuff and we get a POS 15hp Lancer.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:06 PM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

Originally posted by lstepnio
If the EVO was only available in Japan everyone on here would drooling over it complaining that JDM gets the hot stuff and we get a POS 15hp Lancer.
It was like that before we got the EVO8. People will be as extatic if not more when the R35 comes over.

Actually, its funny, if I recall correctly, people in Japan drool over the Camaro SS like some of us drool over the R34

ASE: Brakes
Yea..that very well could have been the most retarded idea I've ever heard, but .. do it anyway. -TheShow50h
Old 10-29-2004, 12:55 PM
1337 H4x0r

Originally posted by Orion ZyGarian
It was like that before we got the EVO8. People will be as extatic if not more when the R35 comes over.

Actually, its funny, if I recall correctly, people in Japan drool over the Camaro SS like some of us drool over the R34
They love our American "super cars" over in Japan, no doubt.