General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

WTF, My Rhino Ramp Shattered Into Pieces

Old 01-22-2006, 04:36 AM
jdk
Non ducor, duco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If a set of ramps is rated for a certain weight, you should be able the use them and they should not break period, regardless of what they're made out of. The rhino ramps are good for low clearance cars because they have a low angle, I've used them countless times on my vette and cobra, guess I got lucky they didn't break.

I guess he should wait until he's killed by his car falling on him to file suit?
Old 01-22-2006, 06:38 AM
Jonathon

i just bought a set of steel ones, cant remember if it was walmart or autozone. but im not parking an f250 with a v10 on plastic
Old 01-22-2006, 06:51 AM
could be worse

Originally Posted by figment
i just bought a set of steel ones, cant remember if it was walmart or autozone. but im not parking an f250 with a v10 on plastic
sissy

jk, I have some metal ones i got for like 10 bucks at a garage sale

www.generationsofcabinetry.com
Old 01-22-2006, 07:05 AM
Get Down-Or-Stay Down

I got some metal ones that are about 15-20 yrs odl.I got them from my dad,one is a little crooked But I only use them when I want to raise the whole car up.

Suing advance might not work,its the manufacture,whos in fault.

Do you want to be tazed?
Old 01-22-2006, 11:00 AM
Livin' Large

Originally Posted by jdk
I guess he should wait until he's killed by his car falling on him to file suit?
Unfortunately, yes, just like I should wait until I am actually rear ended and hurt before suing the person behind me. As much as ads like 1800askgary are made fun of on here, they sure are working
In all honesty, if there were some huge lawsuit like some people in here are suggesting, the manufacterers attorney would probably tear him apart anyway. This happened while he was driving the car on to the ramp, which could suggest he did it too fast or had the ramps on uneven ground, etc. etc. The bottom line is that short of telling everyone that the ramps are pieces of shit like he is doing here, there really isn't much else he can do.

Another thing I noticed when I went back to make sure that he was loading the car when it happened was this:
Originally Posted by 2TurboImports
ok, this is the 2nd set of Rhino Ramps i've owned and IMO they are the biggest pieces of shit. On my first set the sides buckled out
I missed it in the beginning like most people in this thread did. But if he already had a set that looked like they were weak and were bowing out I would suggest either a death wish or slight mental retardation to go buy another set and get under a car that is sitting on them.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:06 AM
drives euro trash

I've had the same set of Rhino ramps for about 8-years. Never an issue.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BigBadBuick
Unfortunately, yes, just like I should wait until I am actually rear ended and hurt before suing the person behind me. As much as ads like 1800askgary are made fun of on here, they sure are working
In all honesty, if there were some huge lawsuit like some people in here are suggesting, the manufacterers attorney would probably tear him apart anyway. This happened while he was driving the car on to the ramp, which could suggest he did it too fast or had the ramps on uneven ground, etc. etc. The bottom line is that short of telling everyone that the ramps are pieces of shit like he is doing here, there really isn't much else he can do.

Another thing I noticed when I went back to make sure that he was loading the car when it happened was this:

I missed it in the beginning like most people in this thread did. But if he already had a set that looked like they were weak and were bowing out I would suggest either a death wish or slight mental retardation to go buy another set and get under a car that is sitting on them.
I didn't notice that...Very well said...
Old 01-22-2006, 11:08 AM
Livin' Large

Originally Posted by Alan
I've had the same set of Rhino ramps for about 8-years. Never an issue.
You probably use them on level ground and don't use a running start to put your car on them