General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

WTF, My Rhino Ramp Shattered Into Pieces

Old 01-22-2006, 11:30 AM
jdk
Non ducor, duco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With one or both eyes open most likely
Old 01-22-2006, 11:33 AM
Bolt-On 2v GT

the fact that it happened while pulling onto the ramps leaves too much room for speculation by a legal attorney

plus you suffered no damage to yourself, so a big lawsuit is completely outof the question

just see if you can get your money back and fix your car(probably won't happen)

"Does this look like a piece of crap to you? Like them spinnin' tires do you?"
Old 01-22-2006, 12:40 PM

Stick with metal ramps I'd say. Metal never fails.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:13 PM
I got fired last week

Originally Posted by ImportLuv
Stick with metal ramps I'd say. Metal never fails.
well I wouldn't say that, but I would have more faith in them versus plastic. I've seen metal ramps get bent too. Its all in the usage
Old 01-22-2006, 01:16 PM
Livin' Large

Originally Posted by Mars_302
how do you sleep at night?
Like a baby
Old 01-22-2006, 01:57 PM
sooo...where's the turbo?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigBadBuick
Unfortunately, yes, just like I should wait until I am actually rear ended and hurt before suing the person behind me. As much as ads like 1800askgary are made fun of on here, they sure are working
In all honesty, if there were some huge lawsuit like some people in here are suggesting, the manufacterers attorney would probably tear him apart anyway. This happened while he was driving the car on to the ramp, which could suggest he did it too fast or had the ramps on uneven ground, etc. etc. The bottom line is that short of telling everyone that the ramps are pieces of shit like he is doing here, there really isn't much else he can do.

Another thing I noticed when I went back to make sure that he was loading the car when it happened was this:

I missed it in the beginning like most people in this thread did. But if he already had a set that looked like they were weak and were bowing out I would suggest either a death wish or slight mental retardation to go buy another set and get under a car that is sitting on them.
ok, first off, i never said anything about a lawsuit, everyone else did. I know I cant just go sue a company b/c the ramp failed and nothing happened but some damage to my car. As far as damages to my car, Advance is handling it, then they go to Blitz for their money.

2nd off, if I were to sue, I would hire an attorney. Of course an attorney for a large company would tear me apart in court...

3rd off, it's convient how you left out why I said the first set buckled. I had thought I drove up too close to the edges of the ramps, causing stress along the walls of the ramp.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:02 AM
Livin' Large

Originally Posted by 2TurboImports
ok, first off, i never said anything about a lawsuit, everyone else did. I know I cant just go sue a company b/c the ramp failed and nothing happened but some damage to my car. As far as damages to my car, Advance is handling it, then they go to Blitz for their money.
I know, I was referring to the general attitude of the people in the thread, not you
2nd off, if I were to sue, I would hire an attorney. Of course an attorney for a large company would tear me apart in court...
Aaaand your attorney. Of course you wouldn't go it alone.
3rd off, it's convient how you left out why I said the first set buckled. I had thought I drove up too close to the edges of the ramps, causing stress along the walls of the ramp.
It's even more convenient that you didn't say why the first set buckled

Oh wait, you did, half way down the first page...........
Old 01-23-2006, 05:32 AM
Grandpa

For the money you spend for those POS ramps , metal or plastic, I would go to Sears and buy the 2 ton floor jack, they even come with stands. I never liked ramps, too many ways to get hurt and cause damage.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:32 AM
Just for decoration

Originally Posted by Dano Moparo
For the money you spend for those POS ramps , metal or plastic, I would go to Sears and buy the 2 ton floor jack, they even come with stands. I never liked ramps, too many ways to get hurt and cause damage.
Jack stands > ramps.

R.I.P. Brian Nichols 02/07/1989-11/24/2008
Old 01-24-2006, 11:41 AM
ftl

Before anyone throws their Rhino Ramps away, can they please cut them apart in the area the broken ones failed? It'd be cool to see if there are bubbles in yours too. Also mention when you purchased them.

Not sure if bubbles = failure, but the more info, the better.

Russ