General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ripped off by driven concepts..

Old 03-20-2006, 12:06 PM
zee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

(that post was for tommy)
Old 03-20-2006, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by xrw02'
yes i agree i had a problem w/ ian and i was able to squash it if you dont wanna go there thats ur perogative, but i think people get the point, lets stop slandering this mans name. if you have a problem like spectacle said be man and talk to ian.
+1. I've Never had any problems with DC and i've completed several transactions with them. Tommy chill there are more civilized ways of working things out.

Old 03-20-2006, 12:27 PM
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

ive had one transaction with ian. everything went smoothly. i got a damn clean 240sx hatch for $2000 and a s13 silvia complete front end for $750. not too bad if you ask me. not to mention the short shifter for $20 and the free exuast.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:30 PM
zee

tommy, i called ian and left a message with him..... also u can check ur pm
Old 03-20-2006, 01:00 PM
is famous :)

I havent done direct business but I was there with my bf before opening and everything seemed pretty legit.. Parts were cheap.

But i must say a few ppl in the thread are not defending your business very professionaly and that right there brings reputation down alone.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:13 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by B18C5-EG
+1. I've Never had any problems with DC and i've completed several transactions with them. Tommy chill there are more civilized ways of working things out.
thats alls i was saying is that i did 1 transaction w/ ian and it wasn't that smooth. thats all im sure he has done smooth transactions or he wouldn't be in business? right? so therefore alls i said was off 1 bad exprerience. thanks though. ian and i have resloved this matter. again thanks
Old 03-20-2006, 02:30 PM
Jap
VTEC Out

No problems with DC fromm my end or most of my friends who have gone there for parts/work ...

So they aren't the best at picking up the phone when everyone there is working on something . Try stopping by . Ian isn't always there but Chin or Jesse or Mark are always around to help me with whatever small things I need .

This is such why I will continue going there . Stop wasting all your time trying to play phone tag when physical contact can solve many things . GO to the shop , ask , recieve ...

Hondata saves lives
S300 and K-Pro tuning 813-433-3721
Crome OBD1 Editing/Chipped ECU's/Wiring/Track Setup

Prayoonto/DSS/Precision/TiAl/JE/Eagle/PPG/Supertech Equipped
Old 03-20-2006, 03:13 PM
240LSX

I know DC is a great place to get used parts cheap. My wife got me a rust free hatch from Ian for like $60. I got doors from him for $80 we didnt even have to pull them. I do all my own work after hours at XAT so I cant vouch for their work but all of my transactions went well. I even fixed his shop computer for him and I got paid on the spot. I only have good things to say about Ian and DC from my experiences.

Old 03-20-2006, 03:24 PM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

I'm not going to judge the shop yet, but I just wonder if people have had problems and are posting about it perhaps there is a deeper reason.

That being said, I think if you are going to complain about a shop, tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth so help you god. I took one of my cars to a shop once for a turbo install and I dont complain about them...they have very trustworthy honest people working there, and the guy working on my car actually quit halfway through working on it, not to mention there may have been unforseen problems with it...I didnt say "fix the problem" I said "please replace the turbo", and thats what they did, and they didnt do a bad job.

The car still had issues afterwards, but my point is that there may even have been complications (with any said transaction) beyond both the owner of the car and the buisness. Usually if something not under the control of the buisness arises, they will do their best to fix the problem...if the problem occurs whilst at the buisness, it doesnt necessarily mean that it is in fact the buisness' fault. Rarely does the customer know or even understand this, and many problems with the buisness may be for that reason.

I havent done any personal buisness with this company and dont know them myself, however I do know one of the techs who now works there who used to have/still has a project MkIII. He is a great guy and I'm certain he is more than capable of near anything reasonable that needs to be done, as he is rather anal about small stuff and successfully swapped a 1JZ, even doing the wiring himself (which is a widely known nightmare)

ASE: Brakes
Yea..that very well could have been the most retarded idea I've ever heard, but .. do it anyway. -TheShow50h
Old 03-20-2006, 05:45 PM
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

kirk thanks for revising the thread, it was lookin like shit.