General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ripped off by driven concepts..

Old 03-21-2006, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like i said before i will just make sure everyone i know knows of this thread and point them in a different direction
Old 03-21-2006, 12:48 PM
That girl with the camera

today i got my motor from driven concepts. thank you ian for my engine and i will be able to drive to DC soon
Old 03-21-2006, 12:58 PM

thanks ian for resolving the problem with the ecu like a human being. however, i still would not recommend driven concepts to anyone because of my experience with your shop. best of luck with the future of your shop.

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/c...lots-pics.html
Old 03-21-2006, 04:02 PM
Banned

i will also say i will never do business with DC ever again.... horrible business.... 5 weeks for a STOCK SR20DET swap into a 1992 nissan 240sx. all we heard from the get go of the swap was excuses and excuses i dont care if your going to them for a rim with tire on it and they say there going to put it on... i can gaurntee that it will take them 2 days to put the tire on cause they will find any way possible to make an excuse... and the little lacky he has working for him is a jack ass... he comes outside to speak with you cause he is the voice of ian... the shop is a complete fucking joke... people are working in shorts t-shirts and fucking FLIPFLOPS!!! wow i would not reccomend them to anybody... 5 weeks for a stock SR20 swap what a joke!!!!! A FUCKING JOKE!
Old 03-21-2006, 08:00 PM
its CRACK bitch!

While at DC a DHL driver backed into my drivers front fender Ian took it apon him self to get a fender and paint it for me and install it...

thanks Ian
Old 03-22-2006, 02:56 AM
Driven Concepts, Tampa FL

5 weeks?

I got payment on the 10th and you picked the car up yesterday (21st). You were told that there is a cue, a line in which the projects are accepted and put under. Can you please explain in depth who you paid 5 weeks ago and why it took 'so long'? Because I am not the one you paid and you know this, so not sure why you are here complaining. As for working in a t-shirt/shorts/flip flops. Not exactly sure who you are talking about, but all my full time workers are uniformed, and yes, with summer coming up, we actually have shorts, in which I claim totally appropriate. I don't care where you go, we might be the ONLY performance related shop that has uniforms.

For those that are reading. Mr. Superkaioken, his brother, and father stopped by to drop off some $ on the 10th, which is a Friday. Started to call on Monday, 10X, 20X, 30X, inquiring whether the car had been completed.

As mentioned above, we do have a que and they were well aware of this.

About 3 weeks prior to this, they had paid the party in which they bought the car from. The party did not have the funds, nor the interest to start/finish this project. DC was never paid a dime till the 10th, due to this party not having funds available.

This car was then sold to Mr. Superkaioken's brother. They were informed when they came to see the 240, that work will not start till a deposit is made. 3 weeks later, I get a call from the father threatening to sue, when I informed him that I NEVER received payment. He then called the other party and I was paid the very next day (10th).

With the payment, Superkaioken brother's car was then put into the cue and was finished 6 business days later.

Prior to picking up, I called Superkaioken's brother and asked what he wanted us to do as far as an exhaust. He had given me the go to put on an Apexi N1. I quoted him the cost and we both agreed. During the process of putting the exhaust on, we noticed he did not have a test pipe, nor a cat and I called and was told by the father to go ahead and put on a test pipe. Superkaioken and his brother came to pick the car up, saw the invoice for the exhaust and test pipe, had no questions what so ever and paid.

Was completely satified when picked the car up. About 2 hours later, I get a call from their father asking how does a 'piece of pipe' cost $500 dollars. I informed him that I was given the concent to put the exhaust on. He replies that's 'BULL SHIT', he turns around and asks Superkaioken's brother and he said, 'yes, he did tell me', but before he was about to say anything else, his dad cut him off. The next thing I see is this post.

Originally Posted by Superkaioken
i will also say i will never do business with DC ever again.... horrible business.... 5 weeks for a STOCK SR20DET swap into a 1992 nissan 240sx. all we heard from the get go of the swap was excuses and excuses i dont care if your going to them for a rim with tire on it and they say there going to put it on... i can gaurntee that it will take them 2 days to put the tire on cause they will find any way possible to make an excuse... and the little lacky he has working for him is a jack ass... he comes outside to speak with you cause he is the voice of ian... the shop is a complete fucking joke... people are working in shorts t-shirts and fucking FLIPFLOPS!!! wow i would not reccomend them to anybody... 5 weeks for a stock SR20 swap what a joke!!!!! A FUCKING JOKE!
813-236-4500
Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm

WE ARE DIRECT
Tein, GReddy, Buddy Club, Bride, Tanabe, K-Sport, Power Enterprise, etc......
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/d...ml#post4905630
Old 03-22-2006, 03:03 AM

I am also glad that this is all over also. I approached solsi2000 to resolve the matter at hand and was told by him that if I pay him that he'd stop bashing and also delete this thread. I asked him not to touch the thread, because I needed suggestions and see what people needed to say. Asked him to come and pick the money up and was basically accused that I might have a gun at the shop or my employees would gang up on him. After our 20~30 minute conversation, he agreed to pick the money up. The money was picked up and NO hassel was give, no guns were pulled, nor did anyone gang up on him.

Originally Posted by solsi2000
thanks ian for resolving the problem with the ecu like a human being. however, i still would not recommend driven concepts to anyone because of my experience with your shop. best of luck with the future of your shop.
813-236-4500

WE ARE DIRECT
Old 03-22-2006, 03:32 AM

I just read this over carefully and wanted to comment. We did not let 'some' random kid off of the streets to do the swap. The person who started the swap is actually pretty well known in the Honda community. The car sat at the shop for a little while, but not 2 month, and by no means was it due to DC's mistakes. When the 'well experience individual' came to see the car, the car had been sitting for about 2 weeks. The swap was not able to be completed due to the lack of parts. We waited to get the parts and started back working on the car right away. The parts needed were brought by zooby at the same time as when the 'well experience individual' showed up. Again, the swap was NOT complete, hence the fluids not filled, etc. As far as the wiring being cut, it was left like that because of the wait of the missing parts.

It's hard to swallow when problems caused by the customer are blamed on the shop that's doing the work. Zooby purchased this car, not really knowing the condition. When the swap was put in, the aftermarket alarm system was left in the car, the start/kill was engaged and we did not have access to the remote. These are the problems in which we encounted with our customers and it's hard to let the customer bash us when problems such as these are what held us back.

Originally Posted by zooby
wow, i thought i was tha only one.... the shop took 2 months to do a honda swap... and they used the excuse that they didnt have tha proper parts.... it doesnt take 2 months to find a wiring harness and mounts for a freakin B18. not just that, but they let some random kid off tha streets do my swap. it was looked over by a well experienced individual and he was disgusted with the work. wires were cut, harnesses were left unplugged, fluids were not filled.....
813-236-4500

WE ARE DIRECT
Old 03-22-2006, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Random Hero
i just dont like it that he buys up all the cheap and decent 240's and parts them out.

Jordan,

That's really not what we do. The parts cars that we have are purchased through auctions and these cars are already wrecked and not able to be EVER titled in any state. These are the cars that we use as our parts cars.
813-236-4500

WE ARE DIRECT
Old 03-22-2006, 03:35 AM

We rarely post under the tech forms. What and where was this thread in which we mis-informed?

Originally Posted by Dave6699
i havent done any business with them personaly but the tech info they post in the forum would keep me from doing business with them... it seems like they have no clue what they are talking about

sorry to hear about all they crap they have given you guys hope it all works out and thanks for the heads up

_Dave
813-236-4500

WE ARE DIRECT