General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ripped off by driven concepts..

Old 03-22-2006, 03:40 AM
Driven Concepts, Tampa FL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3 of these car? Chris, can you please let me know who these 3 cars were? Till tis date, we have only swapped the H22 into Delsol and the GSR into the LS. Not sure which 3 you are talking about?

Originally Posted by Punkinterviews
Experienced individual/shop? Did it rhyme with Chavez Motorsports?

We have had 3 of these "Swapped" cars come to us for work/ to be fixed after DC "Finished" the swap for them.

Yes, we are still around, just not on an as public basis as before
813-236-4500
Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm

WE ARE DIRECT
Tein, GReddy, Buddy Club, Bride, Tanabe, K-Sport, Power Enterprise, etc......
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/d...ml#post4905630
Old 03-22-2006, 03:43 AM

You can ASK any of these complaining customers, or customer that are well happy with our work.

We accept a SMALL deposit, but if the customer wants to pay upfront for a part, we will gladly take the payment. Everyone that comes through for tech related jobs on their car, from swaps, to timing belt changes, etc, NEVER pay the full payment upfront. The customers also do NOT pay for any parts we install upfront. They are charged a fee that's minimal, but enough to give, us the shop, a sense of sercurity.

Originally Posted by ImportLuv
Whenever I start a new project, I require a deposit of 15% to cover material fees.
Labor fee should never be covered by the customer, only by the company.
It's just a more insured, and better feeling for the customer.
813-236-4500

WE ARE DIRECT
Old 03-22-2006, 04:36 AM

that's total bullsh*t.
I have never EVER heard or dealt with ANY client who actually desires to put down a deposit. I deal with projects that are far higher in cost ($1k to +$100k), and require far more customer transaction than you have done. Require more social interaction with the client BEFORE work even begins.
Unlike you, I HAVE TO build a good relationship with my clients.
It's just sad to know that I'm only 21, you're almost 30 years old, and I understand more proper ways how business transaction is done.

Superkaisnaishsisn told me a different story. I've heard your story, I've heard his days before this thread was created. They are different. I'm not taking any sides. You two duke it out, and someone tell me who won.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:51 AM

It really reflects that you are 21 years old. I have never said that anyone's willing to do anything. There are far more customers then you think that are more then willing to pay everything upfront. When I say this, what I mean is a simple part that they order. A clutch, a headlight, not a complete swap or anything like that. In this industry, it is known both by the customer and also the shop that both a payment in full and or a deposit, means a 'promise' that this customer will return for the part(s) they ordered and nothing more. Alike to your welding business, it would be senseless for you to do a job, where you hold no collateral of the customer's and go ahead and start on a job. What happens if you put forth 10 hours of labor and the customer never returns? Same in this industry, a shop's not willing to place an order for an item that they do not stock, so a down payment and or a payment in full are what's required.

Originally Posted by ImportLuv
that's total bullsh*t.
I have never EVER heard or dealt with ANY client who actually desires to put down a deposit. I deal with projects that are far higher in cost ($1k to +$100k), and require far more customer transaction than you have done. Require more social interaction with the client BEFORE work even begins.
Unlike you, I HAVE TO build a good relationship with my clients.
It's just sad to know that I'm only 21, you're almost 30 years old, and I understand more proper ways how business transaction is done.

Superkaisnaishsisn told me a different story. I've heard your story, I've heard his days before this thread was created. They are different. I'm not taking any sides. You two duke it out, and someone tell me who won.
813-236-4500

WE ARE DIRECT
Old 03-22-2006, 04:56 AM
do it BIG!!

*sniff* superkaioken has grown so much since he first started terrorizing GCC

SpottedMango..it would be good to tell the customers up front when getting a quote how long work would take and what parts you would need to order..
..that way, you would have a deadline to meet for each of you customers...and your employees might put a lil more effort into finishing projects...

i have never delt with you all before..but i dont see anything too bad..
if i was a customer i would just keep track and drop by often to check progress and bitch alot until work is complete

it a good thing you all dont charge hourly for swaps!

but yeah..this thread is good..every buisness has problems..and if you don't say anything..nothing will change..trial and error..

STANZZZZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

Old 03-22-2006, 05:37 AM

OniS14,

Thank you for the suggestions. To address what you suggested.

We inform each and every customer an approximate time of completion. Again, it's an estimate. But when a swap is near completion and are just sitting there due to a lack of parts and the customer wants to source their own parts, there's not too much that we can do until the parts are brought in.

As for parts, we TELL EVERY customer the approximate time of arrival and we get this information from our supplier. In short, the supplier's suggestion time of arrival are NEVER correct. However, I can safely say that our estimated time of arrival are normally on time and if it's late, it's a couple of days.

We do charge hourly, but we go by the standard labor rates and not the actual hours we work.

I certainly agree with you on thread such as this. If customers do not reflect on our service, we will never learn. At the same time, customers should be straight up and tell the truth, rather tell a single sided story with no actual truth factor to it.

Originally Posted by OniS14
*sniff* superkaioken has grown so much since he first started terrorizing GCC

SpottedMango..it would be good to tell the customers up front when getting a quote how long work would take and what parts you would need to order..
..that way, you would have a deadline to meet for each of you customers...and your employees might put a lil more effort into finishing projects...

i have never delt with you all before..but i dont see anything too bad..
if i was a customer i would just keep track and drop by often to check progress and bitch alot until work is complete

it a good thing you all dont charge hourly for swaps!

but yeah..this thread is good..every buisness has problems..and if you don't say anything..nothing will change..trial and error..
813-236-4500

WE ARE DIRECT

Last edited by SpottedMango; 03-22-2006 at 05:39 AM.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:58 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SpottedMango
OniS14,

Thank you for the suggestions. To address what you suggested.

We inform each and every customer an approximate time of completion. Again, it's an estimate. But when a swap is near completion and are just sitting there due to a lack of parts and the customer wants to source their own parts, there's not too much that we can do until the parts are brought in.

As for parts, we TELL EVERY customer the approximate time of arrival and we get this information from our supplier. In short, the supplier's suggestion time of arrival are NEVER correct. However, I can safely say that our estimated time of arrival are normally on time and if it's late, it's a couple of days.

We do charge hourly, but we go by the standard labor rates and not the actual hours we work.

I certainly agree with you on thread such as this. If customers do not reflect on our service, we will never learn. At the same time, customers should be straight up and tell the truth, rather tell a single sided story with no actual truth factor to it.
Ian, i know you remember i had my cc out ready for upfront payment, so i don't see any problems with paying up front, we did have some miscommunication, but thats going to happen. all that matters is it was taken care of and talked out, i also think this thread is good and will help DC extremely Ian and his folks over there are really down to earth and are fun to kick it with while waiting for service. so again i feel i would go back just because of how ian is taking all this, if he was truly as shady as everyone has made him out to be he wouldn't be answering questions and resolving all these matters. so +1 to Ian and everyone at DC
Old 03-22-2006, 06:04 AM

Justin, Thank you for the comment and again, this is the reason why I feel I need to be here, either to defend or to explain. By no mean are my here to say that DC is the greatest place on earth and we have the best shop...etc. I do want the public to know that we are a new business and that we do have our share of learning, which we are COMPLETELY willing to do. But for those that think we are a fly by business, I think Justin can at least vouch that we do have a VERY decent shop and not something that can be closed in a matter of days.

Thanks again!

Originally Posted by xrw02'
Ian, i know you remember i had my cc out ready for upfront payment, so i don't see any problems with paying up front, we did have some miscommunication, but thats going to happen. all that matters is it was taken care of and talked out, i also think this thread is good and will help DC extremely Ian and his folks over there are really down to earth and are fun to kick it with while waiting for service. so again i feel i would go back just because of how ian is taking all this, if he was truly as shady as everyone has made him out to be he wouldn't be answering questions and resolving all these matters. so +1 to Ian and everyone at DC
813-236-4500

WE ARE DIRECT
Old 03-22-2006, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by SpottedMango
Justin, Thank you for the comment and again, this is the reason why I feel I need to be here, either to defend or to explain. By no mean are my here to say that DC is the greatest place on earth and we have the best shop...etc. I do want the public to know that we are a new business and that we do have our share of learning, which we are COMPLETELY willing to do. But for those that think we are a fly by business, I think Justin can at least vouch that we do have a VERY decent shop and not something that can be closed in a matter of days.

Thanks again!
absolutely not a fly by shops Ian has one of the nicest sylvia's i've ever seen other than the one glen rides. but like said his place is here to stay, they put my springs wheels and tires on my car and did a wonderful job and stayed til 700 on a sat. once again all peopl have misscommunication so i will recommend anyone with a nissan to go there.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:21 AM
kings cannot fall.

Originally Posted by xrw02'
absolutely not a fly by shops Ian has one of the nicest sylvia's i've ever seen other than the one glen rides. but like said his place is here to stay, they put my springs wheels and tires on my car and did a wonderful job and stayed til 700 on a sat. once again all peopl have misscommunication so i will recommend anyone with a nissan to go there.

who gives a fuck if he has a nice car?
oh man, nice car, heres my money.