General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ripped off by driven concepts..

Old 03-19-2006, 09:01 AM
zee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, i thought i was tha only one.... the shop took 2 months to do a honda swap... and they used the excuse that they didnt have tha proper parts.... it doesnt take 2 months to find a wiring harness and mounts for a freakin B18. not just that, but they let some random kid off tha streets do my swap. it was looked over by a well experienced individual and he was disgusted with the work. wires were cut, harnesses were left unplugged, fluids were not filled.....
Old 03-19-2006, 09:25 AM
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

i just dont like it that he buys up all the cheap and decent 240's and parts them out.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:49 AM

i have a 02 wrx and it took ian 2 weeks to get me a clutch act street, probably the easiest clutch to get for my car. 1st off i went there to get my tein springs put on, i asked ian if he could get a clutch for me, one of hid discipals came over and said the clutch was in stock and that he would have it tues. from his warehouse he said was down the street. well that was a crock of shit because it wasn't till two weeks later when i had to get a buddy to call, ian told him three times i have it in my hands.that is my clutch.

so i took off for lunch from work to find out when i got to driven concepts that they didnt have a money order to get my clutch from the mail man. so i had to follow this kid to meet the mail man. horrible customer service.will never take my car back to them ever ever again im sorry its just a bullshit way to do business.especially when i paid upfront. tried to get my monies back and he said no good. BAD PLACE DO NOT GO THERE WARNING BULLSHIT INVOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ps. sorry for such a long thread.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:52 AM
$200 Motor!

damn sucks that there is so much neg comments about them but its good that we have threads like this to help and warn others....

rep pts to thread starter...

Old 03-19-2006, 12:02 PM
September - Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by solsi2000
just thought i would let everyone know about my experience with driven concepts. im tired of this bullshit. i have tried to call ian numerious times and he likes to ignore my calls. I dont give a shit if hes busy or not he shouldnt ignore his customers messages over and over. He owes me a chipped ecu and its been over 3 months of trying to get it back. Right now I believe him to be very shady and he doesnt know how to run a business right. Hell my swap isnt even running and all i want is my fucking ecu back. Sometimes i wish I would have gone somewhere else with my swap. I learned my lesson. Next time i will research the place before i have them do work to my car. Ian please pay up its only fair. I have paid for everything up front at your shop so i shouldnt be getting this shit from you..
Ill I gotta say is Remember "Lost projects" ? same owner ,same habits !
Old 03-19-2006, 12:09 PM

IM DAMN GLAD THIS IS FINALLY COMING OUT, THEY RIPPED ME OFF LIKE SAID FOR A CLUTCH A BOUT THREE WEEKS AGO. THERE ARE SOME COOL CATS OUT THERE BUT IAN DOESN'T KNOW HOE TO DO BUSINESS. ITS GARBAGE. JUST BE CAREFUL GUYS ESPECIALLY SUBIE LOVERS IF ANY BODY NEEDS REPUTABLE WORK MY UNCLE DOES ALL AFTERMARKET WORK FOR MASTRO SUBARU. ITS CALLED ADVANCED AUTO REPAIR ITS IN DREW PARK ON THE NORTH END OF GRADY AT THE END OF THE ROAD-CLOSER TO HILLSBOROUGH. HE IS VERY GOOD HE IS WORKIN WITH MY GEARBOX AS WE SPEAK! GOOD LUCK AND STAY AWAY FROM DRIVEN CONCEPTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2006, 12:15 PM

i havent done any business with them personaly but the tech info they post in the forum would keep me from doing business with them... it seems like they have no clue what they are talking about

sorry to hear about all they crap they have given you guys hope it all works out and thanks for the heads up

_Dave
Old 03-19-2006, 12:15 PM
You'll love me.

Originally Posted by YoshiCivic
What is Ian's s/n on here?

Ian is Spotted Mango on TR.

I didn't think shop bashing was allowed on TR though. I thought it was to be left up to TRader Ratings.

Either way, I'm sorry about all of your experiences. Please don't let this ruin your image of the smaller shops around here.

Last edited by Joann; 03-19-2006 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:17 PM

i'm still waiting to hear back from him for a charge pipe i wanted to order thru him like 2 months ago.