General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ripped off by driven concepts..

Old 03-19-2006, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay
wow i didnt think that posts of this nature where aloud to go on for so long.
Are they a sponser? If not, thats why haha
Old 03-19-2006, 12:31 PM
gadget man

it's allowed if they don't give money to tr or if it's true, not just flaming. If lht did this then we should know, luckily lht is a good shop though.
U.S.S.A Crew Member #001

Old 03-19-2006, 12:49 PM

thank you mods for not locking this thread. I had no idea how shitty driven concepts has turned out to be until after having them take forever on my swap and having someone steal my rear prelude tranny bracket when my boy and I knew 100% that is was on the complete swap right out of his eg. That was only one of the many problems ive had with them. I shouldnt have given them a dime but now i learned my lesson and im disgusted with driven concepts.

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/c...lots-pics.html
Old 03-19-2006, 12:50 PM
gadget man

Originally Posted by Joann
Driven Concepts IS a paying advertiser/sponser on TR.

not for long if they don't have a customer base to get $$$ from.
U.S.S.A Crew Member #001

Old 03-19-2006, 01:17 PM

Here is my story:

I went looking for a 1jz recently and saw that he had one. I called spoke to him specifically about it, he said he wanted 1600. I tolds him i would be down there the same day to check it out. About 3 hours later i arrive, Talk to "Matt" his employee and tell him i spoke to Ian about a 1jz that come swith everything and he was gonna sell it to me for 1600. I look over the motor and tell him I would be back tonight or tomorrow morning to pick it up. I offered to leave a deposit and or pay for it up front rigth now, Cash in hand. Matt says "no, we'll hold it for you if your picking it up tomorrow". Later that night i find out i can't get up there that same night so i call back. At first i leave a message no one answered, explained who i was and that i am sorry i can't pick up teh motor tonight i will be there when you open at 9am. I call back again cuz i really wanted the motor and wanted to make sure it was still there. Ian answers and says yeah we still got it, Matt is not here rigth now, but he will be in the morning. So i say ok, tell him i will be there with my truck at 9am on the dot. Next morning cash in hand, I go up there and the motor is gone. I ask him for teh motor he says sorry someone picked it up last night. I said did you not remember hwen i spoke to you about the motor and me picking it up in the morning. With a FUCKING SMILE! He says i thought it was you picking it up. I was disgusted. Then he proceeds to make a up a story and said i never showed up to look at the motor, so he sold it to someone else. I told him to ask his employee "Matt". He said then you must have come up when i wasn;t here. -- That doesn;t make a god dang bit of difference. You make a deal have someone come over to pick somehting up, and you sell it from under them! --- Fastforward to about 4 days later. While looking for an engine, I stumble across a engine set in orlando to purchase. Turns out this motorset was never Ian's to sell. He was holding it for a guy in Orlando. And the motor did not end up getting sold, the actual owner picked it up. I wonder what he would have doen if i had come before teh real owner and purchased the engine. What would he have told the owner? Make up an excuse that "He didn't know it was his, or That he wasn't there when the motor was sold" Sad state of affairs. Either way i would say stay clear from this place... Go to more reutable shops for your 240 needs like Enjuku or Mazworx. I know they are in orlando but 1 hour drive is much better for the piece of mind you will have.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:17 PM
You'll love me.

Originally Posted by GsEclipse02
so that gives them the right to fuck people over?

please. Is that what I said? As Kirk said, unless you've done business with him, keep the BS out of this thread.

Blake asked if he was a paying sponser, I said that he is.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Joann
please. Is that what I said? As Kirk said, unless you've done business with him, keep the BS out of this thread.

Blake asked if he was a paying sponser, I said that he is.
exactly joann im glad he is a paying rip off. this was a total joke. i hope they go down hard for fucking all these people over and over.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:46 PM

please. stop i don't want this thread closed. I want everyone that has been wronged to say something. And this is there only outlet.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:47 PM

I've never had any transaction with DC or Ian, but I've been lied and played his little game over a year before DC was ever an existing company. I've sat and watch my friend get his head cut off over and over by Ian, and currently, I'm sitting here wondering why my friend is working for him (part time), and driving around with a big DC's logo on top of his hood.
I've heard stories from my other friends with their experience with DC after their opening a few months back. There was a few positive comments, but most were negative. Customer service is the weaking point that DC has. The fact that Ian is the "ring leader"/owner of DC, he has carried his very shady, untrusting, unfaithful personality into DC. The fact that everyone is complaining doesn't surprise me at all, NONE.
DC as a whole isn't bad, it's the ring leader who is just doing simple and common bad business, usually with new customers because most previous customers end up with negative, and sad faces. The typical customer that gets "raped" are usually the kind of people who doesnt understand the business world, or even how trading money for service is done properly. The workers are good people in general, but they don't care about DC, or DC's customer cars.
Most major motor swaps, including SRs for 240s, requires a full deposit at Driven Concept. Why? It's pretty simple; to cover material, supplies, parts, labor, and other misc. fees such as tax (if they do pay at all). People have complained that DC doesn't finish their cars on time, even after making deposit, which covers parts and labor fees. Lack of parts is DC's main excuse, and it's a damn good one too. DC and the customer can't be blamed on. So that excuse saves DC in alot of arguments. People complained that Ian doesn't return their calls, or finish unfinished businesses. That's probably because Ian works somewhere else; supervisor at some factory (Correct me if I'm wrong on that). Making sure that DC operates successfully, and smoothly, isn't on Ian's top priorities, and neither are DC's customers.

I have a feeling that this thread will be closed very soon, so i will end it here.