General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

ripped off by driven concepts..

Old 03-19-2006, 03:51 PM
That girl with the camera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too, have had a bad experience with Driven Concepts..

Before I get into my problem with them, I want to let you all know that yes, I in the past would send them buisness, promote them, had their company name in my sig, my boyfriend worked there and I helped out with the shop/grand opening. I have nothing against those who work @ Driven Concepts, or the parts that are there, my issue with with the owner of the company, Ian. This is why...

Back in early December 05' my boyfriend bought me a KA motor for my 240 from Ian for my Christmas present..This was when he worked at the shop. Now Nathaniel did get the motor for cheap, (and the deal was also nate was gonna install it off the clock)and im assuming it's because he DID work there but that's here nor there...so that week, Ian was supposto get me a tow truck to bring my car to his shop, because it had a blown headgasket and other misc. problems with it and we also needed the tools/space to do the swap..so then Ian was nice enough to say 'yes you can do it here'.

So days would go by and no word from Ian where my tow was...I could call the shop numerous times, instant message him on AIM, call his personal cell phone and get in contact with those around him. Nothing. So I let it slide because this was around the time he was having his grand opening and I knew he was stressing out..and I did know I was getting a GOOD deal on my motor so I didnt complain.. now apperently Nate was supposto pull it out and do all this bullshit and starts changing the story..We thought that was bullshit for the simple fact that we PAID him to give me an engine and I expected to get it without me having to do the work..I am a CUSTOMER.ok fastforward over 2 MONTHS to present day....

Last week I finally SNAPPED. After MONTHS and MONTHS of trying to get in contact with him, we finally do get ahold of him about a week ago,and he says that He will pull the engine and have it ready for us by Saturday (3/1
All day Friday, and Saturday and today I have been trying to get in contact with him and he now all of a sudden doesnt answer his phone. I have to call off of other people's numbers just so he will answer..and sadly he does

Over the weekend, Nathaniel and I bought all the things im going to need for my swap (new Exedy clutch, spark plugs/wires, ext) and we pulled out my old motor and I cleaned my engine bay SPOTLESS...now here I am ready to go, waiting on a sat. night for my engine that was supposto be here and I havent talked to him all weekend. I need to get this car running, Ive had it for almost 6 months..its about time!

I agree with basically everyone in this thread...about not getting call backs, waiting long periods of time to recieve already paid for parts, and in all honestly it does seem like he is avoiding me..like I said before, Driven Concepts the shop isnt the bad guy, nor the employees for the most part, Ian needs to learn how to be a better buisnessman, be more professional and he needs to show more caring for his customers...especially if he wants them to keep going back to DC. Welcome to the world of owning a buisness..

To you, Ian...all I want is my motor I was promised over 3 months ago. its Legally mine, bought and paid for and its only natural to want what I bought. My advice to you is this, when you sell or promise something to someone, come through with it. That's how you run and operate a sucessful buisness and if you want DC to succeed and grow, stop with the bullshit, and do your job.

To all on TR, sorry for the long, detailed post, I just wanted to put it out there, vent, and make it as honest and clear as I could so its fair to everyone...thanks for listening.

~Angela
Old 03-19-2006, 04:16 PM

i'm sorry for your troubles, i know how it is to have a car waiting on a motor.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:42 PM

If so many people are complaining, have anyone filed a complaint to the Better Business Bureaus?
http://www.bbb.org/
Old 03-19-2006, 04:42 PM
No Ants Drift Member

this thread seriousyl needs to be locked. ian tries his best i think and with expanding as fast as he is, i think he is losing sight of the ultimate company goals. hopefully this will show him that mistakes are being made too early into the game and changes can be made to excell business.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:47 PM

unfortunately hes not trying enough and people are being screwed by him. Some things just cant be fixed and it will end up biting him in the ass. this thread does not need to be locked. my intention was to have everyone who has delt with ian post in here. please keep this on topic.

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/c...lots-pics.html

Originally Posted by ImportLuv
Seriously, I don't mean to be mean, and I'm not. I'm friends with your bf Nate. I probably meet you before in person.
But my comment is: You're dumb.
I mean, not literly, but why wait that long? I told you from the thread you made about the towing situation. Sure he's giving you a deal, but you let it sit there, in your head, worrying about when the work will be done.
I do agree that the main problem is Ian.

Originally Posted by Angela
I too, have had a bad experience with Driven Concepts..

Before I get into my problem with them, I want to let you all know that yes, I in the past would send them buisness, promote them, had their company name in my sig, my boyfriend worked there and I helped out with the shop/grand opening. I have nothing against those who work @ Driven Concepts, or the parts that are there, my issue with with the owner of the company, Ian. This is why...

Back in early December 05' my boyfriend bought me a KA motor for my 240 from Ian for my Christmas present..This was when he worked at the shop. Now Nathaniel did get the motor for cheap, (and the deal was also nate was gonna install it off the clock)and im assuming it's because he DID work there but that's here nor there...so that week, Ian was supposto get me a tow truck to bring my car to his shop, because it had a blown headgasket and other misc. problems with it and we also needed the tools/space to do the swap..so then Ian was nice enough to say 'yes you can do it here'.

So days would go by and no word from Ian where my tow was...I could call the shop numerous times, instant message him on AIM, call his personal cell phone and get in contact with those around him. Nothing. So I let it slide because this was around the time he was having his grand opening and I knew he was stressing out..and I did know I was getting a GOOD deal on my motor so I didnt complain.. now apperently Nate was supposto pull it out and do all this bullshit and starts changing the story..We thought that was bullshit for the simple fact that we PAID him to give me an engine and I expected to get it without me having to do the work..I am a CUSTOMER.ok fastforward over 2 MONTHS to present day....

Last week I finally SNAPPED. After MONTHS and MONTHS of trying to get in contact with him, we finally do get ahold of him about a week ago,and he says that He will pull the engine and have it ready for us by Saturday (3/1
All day Friday, and Saturday and today I have been trying to get in contact with him and he now all of a sudden doesnt answer his phone. I have to call off of other people's numbers just so he will answer..and sadly he does

Over the weekend, Nathaniel and I bought all the things im going to need for my swap (new Exedy clutch, spark plugs/wires, ext) and we pulled out my old motor and I cleaned my engine bay SPOTLESS...now here I am ready to go, waiting on a sat. night for my engine that was supposto be here and I havent talked to him all weekend. I need to get this car running, Ive had it for almost 6 months..its about time!

I agree with basically everyone in this thread...about not getting call backs, waiting long periods of time to recieve already paid for parts, and in all honestly it does seem like he is avoiding me..like I said before, Driven Concepts the shop isnt the bad guy, nor the employees for the most part, Ian needs to learn how to be a better buisnessman, be more professional and he needs to show more caring for his customers...especially if he wants them to keep going back to DC. Welcome to the world of owning a buisness..

To you, Ian...all I want is my motor I was promised over 3 months ago. its Legally mine, bought and paid for and its only natural to want what I bought. My advice to you is this, when you sell or promise something to someone, come through with it. That's how you run and operate a sucessful buisness and if you want DC to succeed and grow, stop with the bullshit, and do your job.

To all on TR, sorry for the long, detailed post, I just wanted to put it out there, vent, and make it as honest and clear as I could so its fair to everyone...thanks for listening.

~Angela

i agree w/you angela he needs to step it up if he is going to run a business, all that i have met that work there mark, matt, alex, those i have meet and are cool so again my problem was strictly w/ian. so i see this is the only problem w/dc ian.hopefully he will read this and change his ways cause he has some cool kids up there.
That girl with the camera

Originally Posted by ImportLuv
Seriously, I don't mean to be mean, and I'm not. I'm friends with your bf Nate. I probably meet you before in person.
But my comment is: You're dumb.
I mean, not literly, but why wait that long? I told you from the thread you made about the towing situation. Sure he's giving you a deal, but you let it sit there, in your head, worrying about when the work will be done.
I do agree that the main problem is Ian.
ive been trying to get ahold of him to fix this, ive been giving him the benifit of the doubt, and its not exactly easy for me to go to the shop, i dont have a running car and i live in st pete by trop field..i just dont know what to do and who to go to.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:48 PM

Taylor, its simple, Ian needs to his priorities straighten out.
If they are, he shouldn't operate a business. I'm dead serious.

Example: My company is going through a lawsuit with a old client. Owes my company $152,000.00 for the work we have done. The lawsuit is a year old. We havent gotten a penny from the client. The old client is still in business, but he's no longer 100% ownership anymore.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:49 PM

wow.. its true what they say there are 2 sides of every story...

i dont post on here often for the simple fact that this comment is true but when it comes to the reputation of a professional business its only right that i try to rectify the situation for no one else will

SOLSI2000
your swap (h22a into delsol) was done in three days after getting all the required materials. yes there was parts missing after you confirmed( tranny bracket)
PAYMENT was made AFTER completion not before so stop lying about that.
How can you drive a perfectly done swap for TWO weeks and say that we did a "busted swap" give me a break or learn to drive.
i think i saw you once since the swap so dont even try to say you stopped by

ZOOBY
how can you still sit there and complain after everything we have done for you?
just so you all know wat he is talking about, he bought a b18c1 swap from DC that came out of a 96 EK CIVIC NOT FOR GSR for ONLY 2300. knowing that this swap was for an ek he went ahead and bought a POS LS integra. then he said "oh let me buy the parts cause ill prolly get them cheaper" then it came to him saying oh i cant find it see if you can. so we DC did and not only that charged him AT COST which is still cheaper than ne1 else. should i also include that the swap that was sold was in perfect running condition? not to mention that he took the swap home switched out parts (harness, compressor, alt, etc) then sent it back to DC to get done and was charged only 400 to do the swap
LOL that same kid off the street that did his swap happened to be one his friends that he oh so praised friend until his "experienced individual" said something about him
nothing was missing from your swap other than the things you had requested to be put on after completion of the swap ie. compressor, hood, short shifter

XRW02
i would like to start by apologizing for the fact the it took so long to get your part BUT remember you came to DC for that fact that we were cheaper and we will always stay that way
its not always the business' fault that things dont come.. just remember that DC is not a distributor but a reseller so the fact that it took 2 weeks to come in just might not be there fault

RANDOM HERO
Originally Posted by Random Hero
i just dont like it that he buys up all the cheap and decent 240's and parts them out.
honestly i dont know wether this is a good or bad comment
A. all the cars that they have in inventory are wrecked and have Certificates of Destruction.
B. most if not all tampa nissan owners come to DC to buy these parts off the cars so i wouldnt be suprised if i saw you there scrounging around for parts one of these days
c. the CHEAP cars that he does eventually buy are sold very cheap if not at cost in order to push an SR swap, and for 3000 installed who wouldnt get it?

TURBODUDE
i was not there for the problem you had faced but just remember that 1jzs are not rare and im pretty sure Ian will hook you up once he gets more in considering the situation

IMPORTLUV
GET A F%$*ing life..
i dont know who you are and why you constantly cry and bi$^& over the net considering "you never done a transaction" with DC or Ian. have a problem come see him in person dont hide behind your computer
its like you who get the name "internet hardass"

PUNKINTERVIEWS
wow i would expect the comments from customers but never from another shop
lets not count how many customers of "CHAVEZ MOTORSPORTS" come to DC to have there swap finished (fixed)
i couldn't count how many ppl have told me about personal experiences there and how they were sold broken motors there
one last thing.... are you open?? ok shut up

ANGELA
of all the ppl on TR i would NEVER think you would do this to your so called friend
again lets tell everyone what the hell is going on. Nate your bf thats been on and off wat 3 times now buys a COMPLETE TWIN CAM KA swap for only $200 from DC. he was told that a. HE had to pull it not us b. pulled on his own time. wat shop would pay there employee to work on there personal car? c. NATE told Ian (with witnesses) to forget about selling the ka/ forget about towing the car numerous times during the girlfriend/ not my gf period. so b4 you go posting stuff you dont know about ask your so called BF....or ex bf watever it is. and that leaves me to d. what shop in there right mind would not only sell a motor BELOW cost but ship out money to tow a customers car??? oh wait none... THATS WHY HE YOUR FRIEND TO HELP YOU OUT.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:57 PM

TURBODUDE
i was not there for the problem you had faced but just remember that 1jzs are not rare and im pretty sure Ian will hook you up once he gets more in considering the situation

Thats not the point. When you tell someone you are going to have a motor ready for them and agree to a deal, you own up to it. To have me thinking i am going to pick up a motor after agreeing to it the day before, and then pretty much tell sorry about your luck and then to lie and say the motor is sold, when it was never yours to sell. Thats not cool. It doesn't matter if it was a rare motor or not. Its the principal.