General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

What's the best body shop cost not being a factor (i know there is a sticky but..)

Old 07-03-2006, 12:31 PM
Mechanical Engineer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2kSnakeater
I actually DID work at Ferman Chevy in their parts Dept and I have no Idea wtf you are talking about, I wouldnt buy an Oil filter at Ferman BMW, those guys are a bunch or Morons/crooks. The difference between BMW and Chevy are night and day, yes they are both owned by Ferman but they might as well be 2 different companies.

no shit they are 2 different companies, we sent bmw's to the ferman collision center all the time, and we get them back and have to reassemble the cars more than 50% of the time.

all im talking about is the collision center, not ferman chevy's parts department

Mechanical Engineer - Naval Surface Warfare Center PCD, Marine Corps. Counter IED Development

USF Formula and Baja racing Alumni/Consultant
Old 07-03-2006, 12:41 PM
Pastafarian FOR LIFE!!!!!

when I worked there i was working the parts warehouse and I delivered and worked with the body shop alot thats how I know about the body shop, I did see alot of the BMWs that went in there and il be damm if 80% where destroyed! If it was any car other than a BMW it would have been totaled, hell there was this 3 series that came in that 25% of the car had to be cut and rebuilt! I have never seen that done before! but If the insurance company says thats what needs to be done then Ferman has to fix it.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:06 PM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

+1 for crappy BMW body shops...if anyone down here in Sarasota county needs a reputable body shop, dont go any less than Eldridge (sp?) on clark rd. One of the employees that works there is the son of my auto teacher that I nutswing on...I have nothing but trust for their family.

Do NOT try Tom and Jerry's shop. I've seen some craptacular cars come from there that never shouldve left

ASE: Brakes
Yea..that very well could have been the most retarded idea I've ever heard, but .. do it anyway. -TheShow50h
Old 07-04-2006, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by mrnicejetta
Is it German Autohaus on Anderson, or the place two doors down that repaired the Vanquish? If memory serves it had a nasty front end collision and looks brand new now.
That was Gulfshore collision with the Vanquish. They repaired my Lexus, looks great. But they have closed their doors. German Autohaus is working on my Infiniti now. They do excellent work. Never a lack of CLS's or Lamborghini's in their shop.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:13 AM

Hay guys.I just want to share my experience with you.last week i had a car accident and get a big dent in my new car. Some one told me about Marlow auto body shop. I really want to say that this is the best auto body shop in this area. they remove the dent very cleanly and now you can't judge where was the dent.they offers wide range of auto body services including collision repair, car painting, body work, dent removal, hail repair, scratch removal , custom painting, vehicle towing and all the other kinds of damage repair services that your car may need.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:30 AM

This is an old thread but if someone is looking for a show quality paint job or car build in the Tampa area, then check out extrememotorcar.com we have been doing there upholstery for the past 5 years or so. Bruce and his crew are top notch

Good work isn't cheap, cheap work isn't good...