General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

What's the best body shop cost not being a factor (i know there is a sticky but..)

Old 07-03-2006, 08:03 AM
Kimbo Slice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the best body shop cost not being a factor (i know there is a sticky but..)

Ok so i know there is a sticky but it seems to be tailored more towards which shops are the best deals etc. I was in an accident yesterday and my insurance is letting me send my car to whatever body shop i want. So I'd like to know, cost not being a factor, what are the best shops in either pinellas/hillsborough. So far on my short list i have Harold's in st. pete and i've heard good things about the dimmit body shop but not sure they would take my ford . Thanks for any help.

jay

Old 07-03-2006, 08:07 AM
Pastafarian FOR LIFE!!!!!

Ferman Chevy in Tarpon Springs, I used to work there and If cost isnt a factor they are the best by a long shot.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:29 AM
TRA! TRA! TRA!

St.petersburg Carstar Collision
1819 11th Ave North
894-6222

Whats Your Insurance Company?
Old 07-03-2006, 08:38 AM
Nobody

Gene Perez Auto Body off Hanna

"So...is there any tread left on the tire..or at this point would it be like throwing a hotdog down a hallway"
-Stewie (Family Guy)
Old 07-03-2006, 08:40 AM
Kimbo Slice

Esurance

Originally Posted by AIRWIK
St.petersburg Carstar Collision
1819 11th Ave North
894-6222

Whats Your Insurance Company?

Old 07-03-2006, 08:48 AM
TRA! TRA! TRA!

Well We Are One Of Esurance Perffered Shops...we Are On There Direct Repair Program, I Do Tons Of Work For Them...

Well You Got My Info, I Manage The Shop.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Mechanical Engineer

alright, i worked at ferman bmw for 2 years, and saw the shit our body shop did and pushed through their shop when collision cars came back to us. do not take it there, trust me from an old employee's point of view. and no i am not a disgruntled employee at all, i left of my own free will to pursue school. the body shop is right behind ferman chevy, and i will never take my lawn mower there to have body work done

Dimmit Body shop is who i went through to get my sail panel replaced on my camaro. My very own body shop at ferman dicked around for 3 weeks, making me come from tampa to tarpon 3 times, 180 miles wasted to get nothing done. dimmit didnt screw around at all, and did excellent work. paint is perfect, no orange peel at all. my only complaint is the guy who buffed it got compound in the cracks of the weather stripping and it took me a while to get it all out. but other than that the job was PERFECT. the only reason i took it to ferman's was they agreed to take care of it for free, but im glad i didnt get it done there. dimmit also got it covered under the bulletin for free.

Gene Perez is also a VERY good shop to take your car too, but good luck getting your car in to be taken care of in a couple months, they do excellent work but are always slammed packed. they dont dick around and screw around either, straight up hard good work

hope this helps

Mechanical Engineer - Naval Surface Warfare Center PCD, Marine Corps. Counter IED Development

USF Formula and Baja racing Alumni/Consultant

Last edited by BLUE2KSS; 07-03-2006 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:28 AM

http://www.allmakescollisioncenter.com/
Old 07-03-2006, 10:32 AM
farfromügen

Is it German Autohaus on Anderson, or the place two doors down that repaired the Vanquish? If memory serves it had a nasty front end collision and looks brand new now.

Der schnellste mann im langsamsten auto
Old 07-03-2006, 11:19 AM
Pastafarian FOR LIFE!!!!!

Originally Posted by BLUE2KSS
alright, i worked at ferman bmw for 2 years
I actually DID work at Ferman Chevy in their parts Dept and I have no Idea wtf you are talking about, I wouldnt buy an Oil filter at Ferman BMW, those guys are a bunch or Morons/crooks. The difference between BMW and Chevy are night and day, yes they are both owned by Ferman but they might as well be 2 different companies.