General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Fitment & Stance Pictures

Old 10-29-2007, 07:24 AM
I race sailboats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not saying my tires wear evenly, but it isnt nearly as exaggerated as it is must be for 90% of the other cars in this thread, and like I said, that big gash is from some freak incident when my suspension happened to compress way more than it should be able to, and the tire struck the wheel well, not regular tire wear. These tires stand up to the setup like champs though (they have over 8k miles on them), Ill probably be getting more of them for my new wheels and suspension set up in the spring.

For performance applications, negative camber definitely increase handling and allows greater control of the car. This is especially true in high speed/high g-force cornering, when the inertia of the car causes the tires to lean slightly, which (in this case) increases the contact patch of the tire on the outside, which is the tire under the most stress. The angle of the tire allows it to have more bite as it turns. Im sure someone can go further into depth, but the pros know what theyre doing, and Ive seen some of the World Touring Car Challenge cars with as much camber as that integra on their wheels. SO you trade tire life for increased performance.

BLACK FENDER PART OUT
Old 10-29-2007, 07:25 AM
Private Parts Thug Lyfe

awesome fitment and stance....i guess you can't drive a car with camber and fitment like that....oh wait fotoz! no wayz!
Old 10-29-2007, 08:19 AM
Obama made me Republican

I like this stance alot, it's very aggressive.... .....there's a little camber in the front but that's cool

On a cool summer day me and a few friends crawl under it and lie in the shade.....
Old 10-29-2007, 08:20 AM
Just for decoration

Originally Posted by markzeronine
looks great, probably functions like shit but who cares, he will probably never track it anyway
I agree 100%.

When is it functional to put wide wheels with small tires and on such a aggressive camber that those narrow tires barley touch the ground?

Looks cool though, this setup is completly form/function.

R.I.P. Brian Nichols 02/07/1989-11/24/2008
Old 10-29-2007, 09:05 AM
lol @ tampa

Originally Posted by corey r.
That tire wear looks pretty uneven to me. Probably due to the crooked wheels?

Maybe I just dont understand.... perhaps you can enlighten me.

I dont understand how that can be better for handling if the tire isnt making proper contact to the ground.
Because when you turn, you shift weight over. If you had zero camber, then you are placing all of the weight to the outside of the tire. If you have negative camber, you're distributing that same weight evenly across the contact patch, thus maximizing the contact patch.

When you see tire wear like above, its usually symptomatic of a bad alignment or not aligned for the car's purpose (also of note is the uneven wear diagonally, toe is out of spec left/right) . Its kinda like seeing sport bikes that have the center of the tire worn but the outside still has plenty of tread. I always laugh at it too though Its basically a dead give away for a poser

|Full color business cards||flyers||postcards||more|
Old 10-29-2007, 09:07 AM
I race sailboats

Originally Posted by John
Because when you turn, you shift weight over. If you had zero camber, then you are placing all of the weight to the outside of the tire. If you have negative camber, you're distributing that same weight evenly across the contact patch, thus maximizing the contact patch.

When you see tire wear like above, its usually symptomatic of a bad alignment or not aligned for the car's purpose. Its kinda like seeing sport bikes that have the center of the tire worn but the outside still has plenty of tread. I always laugh at it too though Its basically a dead give away for a poser

My cars bad alignment and chicken strips ftl!

BLACK FENDER PART OUT
Old 10-29-2007, 09:10 AM
Ruhe in Frieden Pablo

Old 10-29-2007, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by John
So how does it ride/traction in a straight line?

Why dont they come from the factory like that?
Old 10-29-2007, 10:21 AM
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

most cars do come factory with some form of negative camber, just not a lot.

in a straight line it can make the car unstable at high speeds.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Boostaholic

Originally Posted by Jordan T
most cars do come factory with some form of negative camber, just not a lot.

in a straight line it can make the car unstable at high speeds.
I think Corey is talking more along the lines of the crazy camber you see in the pictures.....

TURBO SERVICING & SALES | FUEL INJECTOR SERVICING
GARRETT - BORGWARNER - BULLSEYE - HOLSET - 3K
TiAL - TURBONETICS - FULLRACE - PRECISION
Shop Forum | FaceBook | Website | Online Store

Quick Reply: Fitment & Stance Pictures