General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Fitment & Stance Pictures

Old 11-17-2008, 01:06 PM
July - Ride of the Month

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John
is mine called a monster truck because i could tackle speed bumps, or driveway entrances?
Yes but I make it over those. Not without touching them but I make it over. Try hitting a road reflector, thats fun.

and you're wrong about another thing too. I am not one of those "RWDisBETTERthanANYTHING" dudes. I am a "FWD is worse than anything" guy. But that comes from me liking to drive my cars (often, in anger ), not just posing for pictures and impressing the wheel fitment critics on some msg board. Looks of course are a concern, but not a priority.
I have no problem driving my car anywhere. Dont get me wrong, I'd love to have my old bugs again, the rwd makes the cars fun as hell. Yet I still have plenty of fun beating the hell out of my car. I get where you guys are comin from but I just dont see it as posing. Go to a VW/Audi show and its one of if not the most common thing, Its part of our scene. But to each their own I guess.
Build thread
Old 11-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Just for decoration

Originally Posted by G-Magoo
I have no problem driving my car anywhere. Dont get me wrong, I'd love to have my old bugs again, the rwd makes the cars fun as hell. Yet I still have plenty of fun beating the hell out of my car. I get where you guys are comin from but I just dont see it as posing. Go to a VW/Audi show and its one of if not the most common thing, Its part of our scene. But to each their own I guess.
So its a fad?

R.I.P. Brian Nichols 02/07/1989-11/24/2008
Old 11-17-2008, 01:19 PM
lol @ tampa

I think you're taking offense to the word "posing". I don't mean it like "poseur", (trying to be something you're not), rather I mean in the sense of that you're posing for pictures, and thus didn't mod for functional purpose. I probably should have used a different word. Though the purist in me hates me, the stretched tire thing looks good but I will never admit publicly that the staggered fitment looks good

Its just a difference in mentality. Hey, as long as your ride makes you smile and it doesn't interfere with mine, rock on

|Full color business cards||flyers||postcards||more|
Old 11-17-2008, 01:19 PM
July - Ride of the Month

yeah its a fad thats been going on for 20 years.
Build thread
Old 11-17-2008, 01:23 PM
OG Join Date: 6-15-00

Ha ok, if you knew the reason that people do it on FWD european cars then maybe you'd understand. I guess you cant do anything about the "omgrwdcarsarethebestever" guys. But whatever Im not to shit this thread up arguing with people that dont get it. Have fun with your monster trucks.
Like John, I've had my fair share of all sorts of drive configurations. Function, drivability and keeping the car in one piece is always at the forefront of my mind. Do you really think that some pile of shit with 6 degrees of negative camber while riding on the sidewall is safe, good looking or functional?

By the way, my pile of shit isn't some "monster truck." It's S. Tampa functional. Pic:

As it sits, the mudflaps in the front scrape constantly as they're about 3/4" off the ground tops. I like my 3" exhaust to be circular and not D shaped as well.

1973 VW Squareback
1979 AMC Jeep Cherokee Chief

RIP Tim

Old 11-17-2008, 01:23 PM
July - Ride of the Month

I think you're taking offense to the word "posing". I don't mean it like "poseur", (trying to be something you're not), rather I mean in the sense of that you're posing for pictures, and thus didn't mod for functional purpose. I probably should have used a different word. Though the purist in me hates me, the stretched tire thing looks good but I will never admit publicly that the staggered fitment looks good

Its just a difference in mentality. Hey, as long as your ride makes you smile and it doesn't interfere with mine, rock on
Yeah looks like I was confusing the two words. Its all good, like I said to each they're own. Its not for everyone. Its all good, next car in the garage is actually going to be a function over form car.
Build thread
Old 11-17-2008, 01:26 PM
OG Join Date: 6-15-00

Originally Posted by JonLGT
So its a fad?
Stolen from the So Cal Hispanic community back in the '50's. Great trend to single out, lemme tell you.

1973 VW Squareback
1979 AMC Jeep Cherokee Chief

RIP Tim

Old 11-17-2008, 01:28 PM
Just for decoration

yeah its a fad thats been going on for 20 years.
Popularized in the last year and a half.

R.I.P. Brian Nichols 02/07/1989-11/24/2008
Old 11-17-2008, 01:30 PM
July - Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by presidential
Do you really think that some pile of shit with 6 degrees of negative camber while riding on the sidewall is safe, good looking or functional?
I hate excessive negative camber I have maybe .5 degrees and its not even adjustable on my car. Im all for stretching but riding on the sidewall with them stretched is asking for it.

By the way, my pile of shit isn't some "monster truck." It's S. Tampa functional.
I lived in tampa for a year with my car as is. Just need to learn how to drive a low car.

Stolen from the So Cal Hispanic community back in the '50's. Great trend to single out, lemme tell you.
So that means all the guys that drift took it from them as well, right?

Originally Posted by JonLGT
Popularized in the last year and a half.
Didnt know you owned a VW?
Build thread
Old 11-17-2008, 01:38 PM
You Can't Moderate Me.

Back on topic,or I'm banning you all...Especially you John.

Really though,John's 240 is/was a great example..Plus it is/was usuable.

Quick Reply: Fitment & Stance Pictures