General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Fitment & Stance Pictures

Old 05-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

....^ ur doing it just right
Old 05-14-2009, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by DD.

More pics? Site they came from? Thanks

R.I.P Jake Delvalle (Cold_Beer)
You will be missed by many bro!!
Old 05-14-2009, 09:05 PM
That One Guy

Old 05-14-2009, 09:21 PM
OH LAWD JESUS ITS A FIRE!

Originally Posted by Chris C.
Yea, way too much sidewall showing. And I bet I could fit some fingers between the front fenders and top of the tires.

Am I doing it right?

Function>form.

-Winston Churchill
Old 05-14-2009, 09:36 PM
OH LAWD JESUS ITS A FIRE!

Oh and to keep the thread on topic:

-Winston Churchill
Old 05-15-2009, 04:18 AM
Offset-----Less is MORE!!

Originally Posted by Drama
Function>form.
what about when form is it's function......like VIP cars..

Of course, here one thats both, he would do high speed runs on the Japanese highway, as well as touge, in this all the time.
(twinturbo V6 from the factory)

Those are my dream wheels too.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:25 AM
July - Ride of the Month

What car is that?
Build thread
Old 05-15-2009, 05:37 AM
realer than most

how do you drive a car that if you hit a bump or something the wheel will smash the fender?

im just having a hard time understanding this "vip" fad
Old 05-15-2009, 05:54 AM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

the real vip cars use airbags so chances are they're not rolling that low all the time. japan must have some good road surfaces.

also, with many rwd cars with independent rear suspensions, the geometry causes the wheel to have even more negative camber during squat and compression. thus, the ones that set it up correctly can hit a bump (not huge ones) and the lip of the wheel will not scrap the lip of the fender.

the rest of them look good for a few days and then end up with shitty busted aero. apparently americans think thats cool though. there used to be HUGE arguments on certain 240sx forums: basically the guys who would spend buttloads of money on nice wheels and paintjobs and body kits would go to events, fuck them all up, and get props. yet the guy who does the same and does not take it to track events was shunned for being a poser. but you cant expect much from a group of 18-24 year olds who e-thug the internet believing they are some form of american yakuza tough guys.

edit - i don't mind the real vip cars, aka only the certain few rwd big body imports. the rest i do not consider vip, only using vip styling cues. i dont really like some of them that go extreme but just like people over here are obsessed and give props to stock looking hondas with 'jdm' parts, those guys over there give props to whoever has the biggest tucked wheel and low stance.

and i absolutely cannot stand those retarded exhausts that stick up 3 feet behind the car. about as much as i hate smokestacks on a truck.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:01 AM
Offset-----Less is MORE!!

Originally Posted by G-Magoo
What car is that?
Cedric/Gloria (also a Y33 chassis code)

Originally Posted by SkwervE
how do you drive a car that if you hit a bump or something the wheel will smash the fender?
im just having a hard time understanding this "vip" fad
Well, first of all, true VIP is really only for certain types of cars . But w/o getting into all that, there are a few ways. first, air suspension is now very common on VIP cars, so you just air up over speed bumps etc. The other thing is that many have the wheels cambered in so under compression the wheel actually tucks in(if it isn't low enough that the wheel is already tucked anyway) and doesn't smash the lip.

However, there are some of the hard core VIP's that do achieve "kiss the lip" and it means you have to be conscious about not smashing bumps etc etc. It's about getting as low as possible and as wide as possible.

Some poke, but that isn't really my style.
and Finally, many times the fenders have been radius-ed so even at full down and under compression the wheel cannot travel high enough to actually make contact with the new fender line.

VIP cars are not just lowered with big wheels.... there is WAY more work that goes into them.

Quick Reply: Fitment & Stance Pictures