General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Fitment & Stance Pictures

Old 06-22-2009, 06:22 PM
Offset-----Less is MORE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by longfellow2
He has a solid rear axle and mcphereson strut front. There isnt much to bind. At worst he would have to deal with bumpsteer, but seeing as how its not a track car I dont think its much of a problem.

I've watched him take corners. Its a stiff chassis. Its no race car, buts its no slouch either. It was pretty composed from what I saw.
This pretty much says it...

All the Bullshit aside, it's this simple, There are many people out there that know more than you(plural not you specifically) and there are many different styles. Just because you don't like it and don't THINK it can be done right doesn't mean that there isn't someone out there that both likes it and is smart enough to make it work.

No one has ever asked me what I like for my own car, they just assume that I want super extreme because I have posted pics of it and I have done the research....WRONG. I am slightly more conservative than many.

Example: G-Magoo's car is aggressive with a lot of poke and a lot of thought into the tire sizes and suspension to make it all work. I think it looks sweet and I give him props all the time....but that isn't what I would want for my car, but I love it on his. The difference is that I know what he did to make it all work and still have the suspension perform the way he wants it too. DO NOT be dumb enough to think he bought wide wheels and skinny tires and just threw it all on....

people get so worked up over all this.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:36 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals.

He has a solid rear axle and mcphereson strut front. There isnt much to bind. At worst he would have to deal with bumpsteer...
Wow, your right. I feel like such an idiot. Is it too late to say I'm a certified VW tech?

And I hope nobody takes offense or anything like that from my posts. I don't mean to sound like a jackass, it's just really hard to put what I'm thinking into words, all the while trying not to offend people here on TR.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:02 AM
FORE:sight

No worries.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:14 AM
July - Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by xnissan240x
99 percent of the cars on here have wheel bearing problems are the tires are about to blow off the wheels. I think that stretching tires is gay as fuck and i would rather have a nice fitting tire that wont blow off the bead while doing 100+
HAHAHA, Stupidest shit I have ever heard.

I've watched him take corners. Its a stiff chassis. Its no race car, buts its no slouch either. It was pretty composed from what I saw.
Thank you, definitely not a race car (mk4 vw's are heavy pigs known to have shitty handling) but its very fun in the corners for only having coils. Maybe ill give you an actual ride Dan.
Build thread
Old 06-23-2009, 06:34 AM
Fishes more than you

How is that the stupidest shit you ever heard. I think its funny that you guys blow loads over 195's stretched on 11 inch wheels.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:49 AM
FORE:sight

Excessive camber generally is a cause for wheel bearing failure, not small tires. Its more to do with side loading the bearing than the actual weight applied.

Originally Posted by G-Magoo
Thank you, definitely not a race car (mk4 vw's are heavy pigs known to have shitty handling) but its very fun in the corners for only having coils. Maybe ill give you an actual ride Dan.
Both my car and Zacs will be ready next weekish. So we should all take a trip out to patterson some time soon. I'll need to do some testing before I go up north.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:53 AM
July - Ride of the Month

How is that the stupidest shit you ever heard. I think its funny that you guys blow loads over 195's stretched on 11 inch wheels.
Cause you are talking out of your ass, what proof do you have that beads unseat themselves at 100+? I've taken my car up to 120mph and over 80mph around corners and my tires are still on my wheels. Many drifters run stretched tires while going sideways at triple digits. You lack evidence and sound dumb. Oh and personally I wouldnt go any smaller than a 235 on a 11.

Both my car and Zacs will be ready next weekish. So we should all take a trip out to patterson some time soon. I'll need to do some testing before I go up north.
Im down.
Build thread
Old 06-23-2009, 07:07 AM
Fishes more than you

[quote=G-Magoo;6763542]Cause you are talking out of your ass, what proof do you have that beads unseat themselves at 100+? I've taken my car up to 120mph and over 80mph around corners and my tires are still on my wheels. Many drifters run stretched tires while going sideways at triple digits. You lack evidence and sound dumb. Oh and personally I wouldnt go any smaller than a 235 on a 11.

Ok you don't know me. And i am far from stupid.

[quote=longfellow2;6763534]Excessive camber generally is a cause for wheel bearing failure, not small tires. Its more to do with side loading the bearing than the actual weight applied.

Yes i know this... And look at the camber on most these cars that people are posting.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:09 AM
July - Ride of the Month

Ok you don't know me. And i am far from stupid.
You're right I dont, thank god. And you have yet to prove it.
Build thread
Old 06-23-2009, 07:13 AM
Fishes more than you

Burgy240 knows me quite well actually. Ask him.

Quick Reply: Fitment & Stance Pictures