General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Fitment & Stance Pictures

Old 10-29-2007, 05:48 AM
Obama made me Republican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronald Mcdonald
+ fucking 1.

Shit is so damn gangster.
Wow so incorrect camber and wheels makes you gangster now? and here I thought that other minor stuff like dealing drugs, extortion, killing people and committing crimes made you gangster.....
Old 10-29-2007, 05:52 AM

Camber doesnt get much mo' gangsta' than this!!

Old 10-29-2007, 06:02 AM
Private Parts Thug Lyfe

wow...
Old 10-29-2007, 06:03 AM
Obama made me Republican

Originally Posted by corey r.
Camber doesnt get much mo' gangsta' than this!!

that's right n1gga......now that shit is fuckin animal fat greasy hawtness n1gga....get a flux capacitor on yo shit first n1gga then you'll be doin on gangsta everyone else is just posing...be we exposin dem haterz and poserz y0!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2007, 06:04 AM
Private Parts Thug Lyfe

thanks for ruining a perfectly good thread douchebags
Old 10-29-2007, 06:08 AM
I race sailboats

Originally Posted by jlude90
yeah, a couple negative is OK, and you can't even see it, i really don't understand the stretched tire deal, why do you want a larger, heavier wheel then is necessary, why would you put a tire on a 10" wheel that would fit better on an 8" wheel and perform MUCH better, not even taking into account weight savings, but just traction in general...just not my style i spose
Its strictly a style thing, and was never meant for performance. I think it started in europe a while back, some countries have laws that state the tire tread can not be outside of the fender, so instead of flared fenders, they started stretching tires onto their big ass rims. Apparently they hate their lips

The camber thing though... pretty useless for most of these cars, but I have about 4 degrees of neg camber all around just because of the ride height drop, and I love the way it handles. You can see it if youre looking for it, but at a glance the rims look normal, I think its a good combination of form and function.

BLACK FENDER PART OUT
Old 10-29-2007, 06:11 AM
Private Parts Thug Lyfe

Originally Posted by omgwtfbbq!
Its strictly a style thing, and was never meant for performance. I think it started in europe a while back, some countries have laws that state the tire tread can not be outside of the fender, so instead of flared fenders, they started stretching tires onto their big ass rims. Apparently they hate their lips
yeah thats how it happened. prob from volkswagen guys trying to fit massive BBS rims from porsches on their cars.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:52 AM
I race sailboats

Heres the stance on my car, nothing special or pretty, just illustrating what I said before.

BTW, ignore the condition of my tires

Heres a shot inline with the wheels from the back, where my bumper is conveniently missing right now

Its a bit exaggerated as I wasnt holding the camera level, but you get the idea. Even with this set up, these tires dont wear all that unevenly, Im only losing about 500 miles or so of tire life due to wear on the inside (not counting where my tire met the wheel well in the pic above)

BLACK FENDER PART OUT
Old 10-29-2007, 07:12 AM
Turn 7 at Sebring

Let's keep the thread on track.
Post what you like and refrain from flaming what you don't like
Old 10-29-2007, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by omgwtfbbq!
Heres the stance on my car, nothing special or pretty, just illustrating what I said before.

BTW, ignore the condition of my tires

Heres a shot inline with the wheels from the back, where my bumper is conveniently missing right now

Its a bit exaggerated as I wasnt holding the camera level, but you get the idea. Even with this set up, these tires dont wear all that unevenly, Im only losing about 500 miles or so of tire life due to wear on the inside (not counting where my tire met the wheel well in the pic above)

That tire wear looks pretty uneven to me. Probably due to the crooked wheels?

Maybe I just dont understand.... perhaps you can enlighten me.

I dont understand how that can be better for handling if the tire isnt making proper contact to the ground.

Quick Reply: Fitment & Stance Pictures