General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Fitment & Stance Pictures

Old 05-23-2011, 12:13 PM
death

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turbos and wheels r 2 diff things entirely....so please my nigga give me a break
Old 05-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Projekt
So you are saying you would buy an ebay Turbo kit over a quality name brand kit?

It's ok, though, it's never going to see the track so it shouldn't matter.
Totally fucking different. You're comparing Apples to Oranges and you know it. I would never buy an Ebay turbo kit because that's something that's going to be run hard on my car a LOT. How many "hella-Flush" cars with expensive ass BBS's do you see on the road courses? Come on Justin, you know what I'm saying. I know that 99.999999% of cars that you see at "Stanced" shows will NEVER see a track. You know this too.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:19 PM
Banned

Will NEVER see the track:

Always sees the track:

Please don't nit-pick me sweet-heart.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:24 PM
July - Ride of the Month

And the people that do such to their car know this. They dont care about racing around a track.
Build thread
Old 05-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by G-Magoo
And the people that do such to their car know this. They dont care about racing around a track.
Which still doesn't answer my original question. Why spend $3k for a set of wheels when for $700 you can have replicas?

Whatever. I guess it's the same argument of why would I buy a Rolex when I can get a really nice replica for $200 (which I own) and the only people that will know the difference are the pawnshop owners.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Not Mad

Originally Posted by Taylorinalaska
I agree with the "don't overpay for wheels" logic, but people pay those prices for the quality, quality you don't get with company B.
Oh I understand, but I'm not gonna spend 3k on some wheels from Company A on a street car that I drive from point A to point B and it's just a show looking car just because the quality of the wheel is 10x better then Company B's quality. Company B's quality is good enough for the street. I bet more then ever those wheels have to pass some sort of safety inspection. I used to work at a machine shop and just about 99% of our stuff was inspected for it's quality, strength, stress levels. If it didn't pass it wouldn't be shipped out. Now if I am racing my car or rallying my car or something then I can understand spending more for the higher quality wheel from company A which can withstand a shit load more then what company B's are. To each their own I guess. There are some nice ass wheels for 1k or under. Some even as a wheel and tire package that are good quality wheels.

But the percentage of people who need a wheel that can withstand thors mighty hammer is very small. I don't need that shit. My wheels are cheap as fuck and they're just fine.
+1 Some of these people spend it just on the name. Same with other products. Shoes for instance. MJ shoes are no better then sketchers,Reebok, la gear,lugz etc.. etc.. It's the name. Not trying to compare wheels to shoes either. Just saying.

Originally Posted by Projekt
So you are saying you would buy an ebay Turbo kit over a quality name brand kit?

It's ok, though, it's never going to see the track so it shouldn't matter.
I had a friend who worked with turbos and a lot of these companies all get their turbos built at the same factory.

Originally Posted by boca
For racing u need quality but for this thread and these fitment and non function cars rotas are just fine and dandy
+1 Totally agree.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:51 PM
July - Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by The Hedgehog
Which still doesn't answer my original question. Why spend $3k for a set of wheels when for $700 you can have replicas?

Whatever. I guess it's the same argument of why would I buy a Rolex when I can get a really nice replica for $200 (which I own) and the only people that will know the difference are the pawnshop owners.
There is a difference in quality. There are people that are willing to pay much more money for a quality brand that is known for their product instead of give their money to some company thats done nothing but come along and steal a design. I personally understand where you are coming from, if you can get the same look at the fraction of the cost then go for it.

But its not always like that, There are numerous wheels that you'd have to spend a boat load on to acheive the look you want. Hell I dont even want to think about the money Ill be spending on my next rollers, but thats my personal preference regardless if people think its stupid or not.
Build thread
Old 05-23-2011, 12:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by G-Magoo
There is a difference in quality. There are people that are willing to pay much more money for a quality brand that is known for their product instead of give their money to some company thats done nothing but come along and steal a design. I personally understand where you are coming from, if you can get the same look at the fraction of the cost then go for it.

But its not always like that, There are numerous wheels that you'd have to spend a boat load on to acheive the look you want. Hell I dont even want to think about the money Ill be spending on my next rollers, but thats my personal preference regardless if people think its stupid or not.
Ok, this is the type of explanation I was looking for. Not "You're a faggot and you'll never understand". Thank you. I guess it's more down to personal preference and I totally understand Rota steals designs because they aren't clever enough to come up with good ones on their own. (Lol at Rota slips.)
Old 05-23-2011, 12:58 PM

holy shit. bottledfed was asked "why are you trying to pass rotas off as volks ?" NOT "why are you using rotas as dd wheels ?" or "why are you using rotas as race wheels ?" so quit trying to start a different fucking argument.

now back on topic:

R.A.P.S member number #0004

Rotaries
Against
Piston
Swaps

Tampa Bay Rotary Owners ClubMember # 5

Originally Posted by Empire
a girl just got identified by an ass pic...

that seriously just happened...

Tr is great.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:00 PM
VQ35DE 6MT Sport

Even though "stance" isn't my thing, you are judged at shows (which these cars are mainly used for), for quality of parts... For example, I had BBS LM rep's on my A4, looked amazing, weighed more of course, were not set up for stance. However, at a show, an Audi S5, who was completey stock, nothing but stanced wheels, placed higher than I did because of the quality of parts. My car was modded more, interior, exterior, and performance wise. My quality parts were put into performance since that's what the car was used for. These guys put quality into their suspension, wheels, tires, and aerodyamics (if you want to call 6" extended fenders that). I tried making the arguement but, just like us who prefer function over form, these guys aren't going to back down from their interest.

StricKly MT

Quick Reply: Fitment & Stance Pictures