General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Sports car or muscle car?

Old 11-09-2007, 04:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sports car or muscle car?

Which is cooler/more fun to drive/gets more chicks/will increase my size 1-3 inches in 6 weeks?

I had my heart set on a 2000 S4 with a good balance of handling and power mods, making 450hp with a nice, flat torque curve, 18K.

But last night, I noticed a 2003 IS300 in Destin with a 2JZ-GTE swap, huge turbo, water/meth injection, etc. making 570rwhp on pump gas, for 15k.

So which is better? To enjoy the flat, straight roads all over Florida, leaving rubber at every stoplight but treading carefully in corners and in the rain? Or to hook up awd and a well-tuned chassis to the pavement and enjoy the curves when I can find them, whilst possibly paying more for maintenance?
Old 11-09-2007, 04:30 AM
Single Turbod!!

They will both increase your penis size anywhere from 1-3 inches, so its pretty much a toss up. Clearly the is300 will be the best bang for your buck, and you know you can beat the fuck out of that j2z.. Do it.

Car videos on my YouTube Channel (Subscribe please!):
http://www.youtube.com/user/FDfranklin
Old 11-09-2007, 05:24 AM
Just for decoration

Most girls dont care what you drive unless its a POS.

R.I.P. Brian Nichols 02/07/1989-11/24/2008
Old 11-09-2007, 05:25 AM
previously SLOWBOOST

i dont see any muscle cars in here

FOR A WOUNDED MAN SHALL SAY TO HIS ASSAILANT
'IF I LIVE, I WILL KILL YOU. IF I DIE, YOU ARE FORGIVEN'
SUCH IS THE RULE OF HONOUR.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:27 AM

uh, how you gonna ask sports car or muscle car, then post 2 sporty cars?

I'd say for around that money, get a stock vette or supra, or get a fairly heavy modded f-body
Old 11-09-2007, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by SLOWBOOST
i dont see any muscle cars in here
The Lexus isn't 50's Detroit Iron, but it'll go fast as hell in a straight line and crash the first time you take a curve more than 10 over the recommended speed. That's my definition of a muscle car.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Aoshi
uh, how you gonna ask sports car or muscle car, then post 2 sporty cars?

I'd say for around that money, get a stock vette or supra, or get a fairly heavy modded f-body
O.o When I think "sporty car" I think Honda Prelude, stock IS 300, base model Mustang. Even a mere 450hp puts one well out of the "sporty" range, imo.
I haven't seen stock mkiv supras in good condition for under 25K--10K more than the IS300--and they're pretty much straight-line cars, too. A Corvette can give a little better handling, but Corvette owners are old white guys with beer bellies or their 25 year old trophy wives.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:42 AM
previously SLOWBOOST

you need to reclassify your cars. A lexus is300 no matter how much power it has isnt a muscle car. They are both sports/luxury cars and will stay that, just with more power.

Id go with the a4, plenty of power as is, room for more, and youll know whats going into the car. unlike buying someone elses work/problems/abuse, especially if the lexus cant take a simple turn.

FOR A WOUNDED MAN SHALL SAY TO HIS ASSAILANT
'IF I LIVE, I WILL KILL YOU. IF I DIE, YOU ARE FORGIVEN'
SUCH IS THE RULE OF HONOUR.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:55 AM

The kind of girls that are just attracted by the car are probably not wifey material in the first place. As far as which car, that's up to you imo. Your making the payments so why not get a car that you drool over everytime you go out into the garage. Screw what everyone else thinks.

As far as bang for buck out of the box HP for the used car market in the 15-20k range, I doubt you could go wrong with a later year C5, Terminator Cobra (good luck finding one that hasn't been beat for that price ), F-body, FD. Even a mint E36 M3 would be cool.

Oh and whatever you do, don't get a supra if you want to attract girls. They seem to attract more guys than anything else
Old 11-09-2007, 05:55 AM

Heh, the s4 is far from stock at 450hp, and I'm just guessing on the "can't take a simple turn"--but with stock suspension and brakes, I can't see 570 horses staying very planted during, say, autocross.

"sports luxury with lots more power and much better handling" would be my ideal state, of course; given the affordability of the initial purchase and the upkeep. Just trying to figure out how close I can get to that with less than around $550 a month average combined payment and repair bill.