General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

BEWARE OF USERS aSH aH LeY & YARO

Old 12-28-2007, 07:28 AM
Has V.I.P in HELL!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that sucks..

i did a trade with cash deal on tr and i wont ever do it again..i learned my lesson when i got the paper work for a tow truck charge and impound charge 4 months later.

DONT TRADE CARS,BIKES OR EITHER OTHER.

sell you car then go an get what you want looked at then buy it with cash.

like the dude from DC said..if theres anything just odd with the info that is listed and then they say something else or just come off as odd..just step away from the deal and leave it..i've talked to a couple tr members about cars and some have just came off as if they where hiding something or just didn't say something at first about the car and with more questions asked something else wrong would pop up..
Old 12-28-2007, 07:28 AM

well i hope that tr's not becoming a scam site these storys are getting more and more . someone should post a dos and don't to buying cars on here and make it a sticky. guys don't buy stuff like this on tr unless you are very aware of facts.

i was trying to buy a car off a guy once but when i asked him to bring the car to me to let me see it he would never do it and he always had a reson why he couldn't get me the car or title. if there leget they would not have any prob doing that ttype stuff . also i was told that if the car way any good they would drive it to you you should never whave to got pick up there car there selling ! EVER!!!!
Old 12-28-2007, 07:30 AM

That's horrible. Sorry to hear. I guess he got your key coppied in the small amount of time he had it. In reality it sounds like a pretty good setup if you were really thinking. Give someone a dud so they'll at the very least want the item they traded back so they could get rid of the peice of shit someone just gave them....If that was truely there intention then it's quite brilliant. And maybe he was expecting you to bitch to him and when you decided to eat his lack of disclosure he decided to contact you instead to complain about something.

Could be the case but at the same time you never know. It is a crazy world we live in.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:35 AM
Driven Concepts, Tampa FL

This is very true, never thought about it in this aspect. But what would he have complained about if the injectors were in fact 550cc? Or would he have just waited till the buyer called and bitched about the bike blowing up? Either way, messed up situation. Protect yourself, research first, then act upon.

Originally Posted by Token8703
That's horrible. Sorry to hear. I guess he got your key coppied in the small amount of time he had it. In reality it sounds like a pretty good setup if you were really thinking. Give someone a dud so they'll at the very least want the item they traded back so they could get rid of the peice of shit someone just gave them....If that was truely there intention then it's quite brilliant. And maybe he was expecting you to bitch to him and when you decided to eat his lack of disclosure he decided to contact you instead to complain about something.

Could be the case but at the same time you never know. It is a crazy world we live in.
813-236-4500
Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm

WE ARE DIRECT
Tein, GReddy, Buddy Club, Bride, Tanabe, K-Sport, Power Enterprise, etc......
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/d...ml#post4905630
Old 12-28-2007, 08:08 AM
NObama 2011

Originally Posted by SpottedMango
I guess I am forced to put my .02.

Absolutely nothing against japanbran.

Let me say this, it is shady as fuck that the guy wanted to trade or sell the bike and there soon after the motor blew. I am in NO WAY defending this guy. Personally, I would most likely come to the conclusion that some shady shit was going on, if I was in japanbran's shoes.

Now, as an outsider, I would ask myself after reading this thread the following -

Was the bike knocking or blown up upon pickup? I am sure it wasn't, I am sure it was test ridden and there was no knock. Low oil pressure would for sure cause the motor to fail, but we can't assume that the seller knew about it. The damage was done after the trade, anything could have happened in between. Logically, if he knew about the low oil pressure problem, why would he call japanbran to bitch about the injectors when he knows that japanbran could potentially have a much more serious problem on his hands? Of course, that's with the notion that he wanted to get rid of the bike because he knew it was going to blow or it was blown.

That's all I am saying.
Just so you know I wasnt coming after you or anything. Just showing you where there was no oil pressure, not low oil pressure. No hard feelings.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech!!!

SUPPORTING OUR TROOPS SINCE BIRTH MEMBER #001

EITHER STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, OR PLEASE, STAND IN FRONT OF US. U.S.M.C. SNIPERS, ONE SHOT ONE KILL

Old 12-28-2007, 08:09 AM
Bo0st FTMFW

Originally Posted by SpottedMango
I guess I am forced to put my .02.

Absolutely nothing against japanbran.

Let me say this, it is shady as fuck that the guy wanted to trade or sell the bike and there soon after the motor blew. I am in NO WAY defending this guy. Personally, I would most likely come to the conclusion that some shady shit was going on, if I was in japanbran's shoes.

Now, as an outsider, I would ask myself after reading this thread the following -

Was the bike knocking or blown up upon pickup? I am sure it wasn't, I am sure it was test ridden and there was no knock. Low oil pressure would for sure cause the motor to fail, but we can't assume that the seller knew about it. The damage was done after the trade, anything could have happened in between. Logically, if he knew about the low oil pressure problem, why would he call japanbran to bitch about the injectors when he knows that japanbran could potentially have a much more serious problem on his hands? Of course, that's with the notion that he wanted to get rid of the bike because he knew it was going to blow or it was blown.

That's all I am saying.

i understand where you are coming from, but i think it was a scam to begin with, trade me the bike.(which i couldnt get titled because it was someone and someones name, so it needed both people to sign), come to my house to get the car, and my address, take the car home, my a copy of the key, bring it back, steal my shit.

R.I.P DJSTANG. YOU WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN!!!!
Old 12-28-2007, 08:15 AM

Regardless, the moral of the story is avoid dealing with sketch people despite how good the deal may seem at the time since it tends to bite you in the anus in the long run.

Thank God for cameras though. I hope that will take care of your problem harm free. Cause it's really nice to think a dumb fuck might actually get caught for a change....No matter whether or not it was scam from the beginning or not i'm sure your not the first person he's fucked over.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Mark G

they probably either stole another motor for the bike, or they're just going to do the exact same scam to someone else.

shady
Old 12-28-2007, 10:32 AM
The One and Only

send them my way i got a nice shiney peice of metal thats been craving to be shot off
Old 12-28-2007, 11:18 AM

Holy shit, I offered 1k for the bike, I wanna go on a test ride, and do a few 16k powershifts to see if it holds together, when there's a tiny hole in the motor, and it wont crank, I'm gonna tell them I don't want it

2011 Kia Optima SX Premium/Touring package