General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Any one hear bout the new Sound Law?

Old 03-20-2008 | 11:56 AM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If society is going to work, people have to make some compromises so we can all get along. This is NOT one-sided- just as people shouldn't go around blasting their stereos at high volumes, other people shouldn't throw a bitch fit and get even more new laws passed limiting personal freedom. At the rate we're going, the great majority of activities people enjoy participating in will be banned because at some point or another, it's impossible to do anything without slightly inconveniencing somebody else. At that point it's the duty of every citizen to realize that they have to put up with a little bit of annoyance or inconvenience from time to time if they don't want to live their lives locked in their house with the volume turned down low on their TV and the blinds closed, so there is no risk of interacting with another person and possibly somehow causing some minor annoyance.
Old 03-20-2008 | 12:17 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Example:

I often pull up to a light and hear somebody blasting reggaeton. My opinion of reggaeton is that it is one of the lowest forms of music, sitting somewhere above cats regurgitating hairballs while scratching chalkboards with their claws and operating dental drills. Besides that, it's below pretty much everything else.

I find this music mildly annoying for the 30 seconds I'm stuck at the light. I can choose to:

A. Ignore the music

B. Daydream about chucking a grenade into the car playing the music

C. Make fun of the people playing the music, preferably avoiding ethnic slurs

D. Go whine like a little bitch and get some moron legislator to add another freedom-hating police-harassment-enabler to our lawbooks.

To any real American the one incorrect answer should be pretty obvious.
Old 03-20-2008 | 01:56 PM
aspiring luder

but see thats the thing, i don't think there should need to be a law, people should just be more considerate, and thats the point i'm trying to get across here with the people in this thread
Old 03-21-2008 | 07:26 AM
Private Parts Thug Lyfe

i'd rather hear someones bass than a piece of shit truck or camaro with slant duals or some faggot blasting kenny chesney......but you don't see me going around whining about it. i love how a dui is less harsh than street racing or this. gotta love priorities.
Old 03-21-2008 | 08:15 AM
is better than you™

Originally Posted by Jordan Y.
Example:
A. Ignore the music
B. Chuck a grenade into the car playing the music
C. Make fun of the people playing the music, preferably avoiding ethnic slurs
D. Go whine like a little bitch and get some moron legislator to add another freedom-hating police-harassment-enabler to our lawbooks.
To any real American the one incorrect answer should be pretty obvious.
so B while C right?

Old 03-21-2008 | 09:01 AM

its simple..See a cop i turn my shit down..
i see old people..i turn my shit back up..
Old 03-21-2008 | 12:13 PM
Just for decoration

Another reason why I will be getting the fuck out of Florida. I fucking hate whiny old people. I guarantee nobody on that board is under 35 years old.

R.I.P. Brian Nichols 02/07/1989-11/24/2008
Old 03-21-2008 | 06:29 PM
Grift Consultant

Originally Posted by Jordan Y.
At the rate we're going, the great majority of activities people enjoy participating in will be banned because at some point or another, it's impossible to do anything without slightly inconveniencing somebody else. At that point it's the duty of every citizen to realize that they have to put up with a little bit of annoyance or inconvenience from time to time if they don't want to live their lives locked in their house with the volume turned down low on their TV and the blinds closed, so there is no risk of interacting with another person and possibly somehow causing some minor annoyance.
That's the only post in this thread worth reading. Everything that follows this sentence just seeks to expand upon the above.

Certain elements of our society seek to limit your ability to be free in your actions. Those elements are the elderly, middle-aged suburbanite Christian fucks, and other timid cocksuckers who are well past their ability to actually live life. Life is noisy, life is messy, life is exciting, life is dangerous, life is fun. Those who seek to infringe upon the ability of others to live life are already consigned to death. If their intent is to create a perfectly silent, inactive world, let them do it in the privacy of their own homes.

As those who wish to live life, we must take a more active role in our lawmaking process. Check your city and county governments' websites, find out when meetings relevant to personal freedom are being held, and be the voices of dissent.
"The genius of any slave system is found in the dynamics which isolate slaves from each other, obscure the reality of a common condition, and make united rebellion against the oppressor inconceivable." ~Andrea Dworkin

"If... the machine of government... is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law." ~Henry David Thoreau, 1849

That's right, bitches, TWO quotes!
Old 03-21-2008 | 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by corey r.
Big stereos are obnoxious and retarded anyway.

your just mad becasue you cant afford one......then again nethier can I.....dammit now i made myself feel bad
there are those of us who choose to fight and those of us who choose to stand on the fence and watch not wanting to get involved. but we all search for a small measure of inner peace but few of us ever find it
Old 03-22-2008 | 07:09 AM
Just for decoration

Originally Posted by Ares
your just mad becasue you cant afford one......then again nethier can I.....dammit now i made myself feel bad
I cant wait until he reads this.

R.I.P. Brian Nichols 02/07/1989-11/24/2008