General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

driven concepts...shut down? hasnt been opened in a week?

Old 08-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Mark G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what pisses me off a little is all the people who come on here now and bash the work that they have had done..

Bad paint jobs, bouncing checks, bad customer service, bad wiring and engine swaps.

If you guys could have informed us of this before hand, the people who have their shit stuck in the shop right now may have not even taken shit there in the first place.

TR should be helping eachother out.

The same people that came on here and said 'Oh DC is fucking sweet', i think Faded comes to mind first, Kirk worked there and has a huge amount of nutswingers who probably brought their shit there becacuse they love his car.. They are now saying they are not a good shop afterall. These people are looked at as superior on this website, being mods, so I just don't really like that situation.

just my .02

Last edited by markzeronine; 08-07-2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:58 PM
death

Originally Posted by manifoldmike
there are obvious mistakes, however not knowing the whole story and commenting on it from a 3rd party is pretty lame.

your comments have no worth and are obviously part of your screwed up complex.

maybe some therapy or a higher paying job or somthing may allow you to "let it go".

this place has always had the worst customer service, and now when shit hits the fan you wanna come out answer questions, reply to emails act like tampa loves your business, when in reality i cant count how many of my friends have never recieved their product or refund when asked for it back!.....and after all that you tell the guy get some therapy? or a higher paying job? ...........thats the reason your business has the reputation it does...
Old 08-07-2008, 03:59 PM
U and your 3rd dimension

Originally Posted by SC400TT
Hello all: I am SC400TT. I have the high dollar SC400 Twin Turbo project that Mike has been personally working on. Yes, my car is locked up in the shop. Yes, I could not get an answer when I called the shop. I called Mike, and he has kept me informed. I have left it to him to inform anybody else that would be affected. Although soem absolute business mistakes have been made here, and I have no guarantee of the outcome until I see it, I do not believe that DC is out to screw us. I could be wrong, and if so, I will chase after Ian right along with the rest of you. I chose not to post up innuendo, and my opinions because I do not have enough information. I have made several inquiries, and unless Ian is just a down right thief, and stupid, I do believe he is attempting to fix his business challenges, and hopefully by this coming Monday. My car is in pieces, so I have a lot at risk if this goes sour. I do not know for sure what is going to happen, but I do know that I trust Mike. And Mike has assured me that I will not lose a single part, and that he will do everything in his power to make things whole with me. For now, that is the best I have, so I will wait and see. I will not make accusations and stir the "fear" even more. There is enough of that.

Let us wait a few days and see if Ian makes good on his commitments. As, we cannot pick up our property right now anyway.

Ryan
Im right there with you. I have a $15k job sitting there. I spoke with Ian today, and he has assured me things will continue as planned or be made right.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Mark G

Were you guys assuming he was going to tell you to go fuck yourselves? lol.

I'm interested to see this outcome.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:01 PM
death

Originally Posted by markzeronine
what pisses me off a little is all the people who come on here now and bash the work that they have had done..

Bad paint jobs, bouncing checks, bad customer service, bad wiring and engine swaps.

If you guys could have informed us of this before hand, the people who have their shit stuck in the shop right now may have not even taken shit there in the first place.

agreed
Old 08-07-2008, 04:13 PM
U and your 3rd dimension

Were you guys assuming he was going to tell you to go fuck yourselves? lol.
At this point, negativity is only going to hurt the shop more, which in turn increases my chances of losing money. Optimism is all we have. Personally, its easiest for them to just take the money and run. If they can dig themselves out of this, in face of all of this negativity from TR, I will gladly do business with them again. Technically, they have not let down any customers as far as I know. I was not expecting my car to be done for another month or so, no deadlines have been surpassed.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Mark G

Awesome, I wish you the best. I would be surprized if everyone else is in the exact same boat as you, but hoping for the best is a good way to look at it.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Offset-----Less is MORE!!

My check stillbounced so explain that to me and my accountant!
Old 08-07-2008, 04:29 PM
kings cannot fall.

The same people that came on here and said 'Oh DC is fucking sweet', i think Faded comes to mind first, Kirk worked there and has a huge amount of nutswingers who probably brought their shit there becacuse they love his car.. They are now saying they are not a good shop afterall. These people are looked at as superior on this website, being mods, so I just don't really like that situation.

just my .02

my exact thoughts.
i think it sucks that admins are posting about how shady ian is, but have allowed him to be an advertiser, thereby never allowing anyone to share bad experiences.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:46 PM
** I ♥ Old Skool **

Originally Posted by Skittle
People are worried they will be losing vehicles,parts,and money.

That's the best response you have for them?

As high Archy supporters of TR I'd imagine you'd have more information for your customers?
If this has been going on for a week, Why haven't we heard from the main man himself?
Why isn't Ian the one clearing the name of his own business and showing responsibility of the actions being taken, instead of his employees?

He hasn't posted since 07-30-2008, 05:09 AM

slam.poke.drop.tuck.dope